Guest viewing is limited

THR The other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you icing and elevating @Jillians ? Taking your meds around the clock as prescribed. If you are doing all this and still in pain please call your family doctor. You may need to have your pain meds tweaked a bit.
 
Your whole sleep routine is messed up at this point, but trust me, you will get your sleep time in. Just remember the pain relief merits of ice, along with the drugs. And elevate. The first few days post surgery will begin to fade as everything begins to fall into place. Take your time...ice, and nap whenever you can.
 
Hi Jillian, So sorry to hear you have had pain. It's so important to have the right meds so that you are numb. My first night I needed a breakthrough drug, but it worked. The icing helped a lot, too. The first three days are the worst. Hope you're feeling better. The Percocet gave me immediate relief.
 
I looked up on here last night and remembered to elevate - question is I only saw one or 2 with bent knee mine was slightly bent with heel into bed and I sleep completely wonderfully- slowly and steadily wins the race and forcing myself to eat so I can check off bathroom #2 off checklist- I'm slowly getting into the hang- I couldn't do it without this overflowing knowledge and love you guys always send!! Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Jillians Lots of fiber, water or other fluids, and walking get your GI system moving. It's just on a go-slow from pain meds and takes time to get moving again.
 
Congrats on joining us on this side. Really going to sail through this. The hard part is done now. Enjoy the rest!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I notice the evenings are the hardest on me-how about everyone else's?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, the pain is worse at night. I had to ice at 3:00 a.m. a few times. It gets better. I hope your pain meds are adequate. Time and patience...
 
Yes, evenings were a little worse as you've been mobile and moving around during the day. Just like having a cold, feel better in the mornings after a rest, then start to feel worse as the day progresses.

You are going through a lot of healing, so your energy levels and tolerance will drop as the day progresses. It does get better quite quickly, so hang in there.
 
Just hanging-- seems to be I feel pretty good today!!! Ehh some pain but over all when you go to itch your leg and you then remember there is a giant bandage there- after you touch it- ahhhh that normalcy and goofiness from 8 years ago slowly creeping in


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am glad you are having a good day! Don't worry I am pretty sure you can get all your goofiness back :snork:. Evening pain is still a little worse for me even at 3 weeks but, it is getting better. Hugs.

Brenda
 
[emoji12]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Lol I know all about this roller coaster that I'm gonna go through --- and have been on for a bit- what or how does everyone change up or wean off meds?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Depends on what level of pain you're in as to when to try weening off the strong meds. They're strong for a reason. Don't rush it....or try to be a hero....listen to your body. You're still pretty new to this recovery roller-coaster.
 
That's why I was wondering- I don't want to wean ohh early but don't want to stay on the dosed due to my yummy not liking it


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Random question- I know they say going #2 takes a bit after surgery-

Can anyone give advice on the opposite? I have had diarrhea almost since I've gotten home- any recommendations or ideas?

I'm only eating soup- pretzels and toast just because everything's Else sounds terrible with me having bubbley guts?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I used the stool softer med they gave us after my first #2 was somewhat tough.
I won't take it anymore because the last few #2s have been way too loose.

I'm sticking to more water and fiber with meals and hope to get more normal movements.
 
Ok just getting a general consensus on this my stomachs has been noisy and hurting since I came home- I read it could be the antibiotics as well


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom