TKR the other side, finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a horrible time trying to step down from percocet to vicodin. I decided to try this week and my extension has gone from a 10 to a 22! The pain kept me up last night even with a double dose of vicodin. Fortunately I had one oxy left and took that at 3am and was able to sleep until 5:55. I wonder if there is truth to this red head thing? My pain is still very bad but I notice that so many others are tapering off even tramadol at this point. So glad for all of you. Also, does anyone notice their food cravings are totally different? Or that you make something and then can only take a bite or two?
 
Also, does anyone notice their food cravings are totally different? Or that you make something and then can only take a bite or two?
Hi @kvhundley, I did for the first couple of weeks, but now I'm eating anything and everything. I had rather hoped I would lose weight as I did the first time round, but not this time :sad:.
 
Hi @kvhundley

Most definitely yes. I went off loads of stuff for quite some time. I lost over a stone in weight, I was pleased about that, I'd got it to lose! Unfortunately your taste buds go back to normal and you can guess the rest :heehee:

I hope you're feeling okay today x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
@kvhundley I has no appetite when if first came out of hospital for about two weeks, and was totally of wine

Sorry it seems you are taking a while to be able to stop the pain meds, I guess we all cope at a different rate


Sue xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was so surprised this am!! I went to my first outpatient PT, and found that I could actually ride both the recumbent and upright bikes! I thought that this would take me quite a few sessions, but with a little pain at the top I was able to do 6 revolutions, both forward and back on both. For all the issues I have had, this is certainly a great feeling.
 
Well done, you're on the way, I hope the rest of your recovery goes well. xxx
 
@kvhundley that's really good news! It's so satisfying when you feel you are making good progress.best wishes for the rest of your recovery.
 
I am having a horrible time trying to step down from percocet to vicodin. I decided to try this week and my extension has gone from a 10 to a 22! The pain kept me up last night even with a double dose of vicodin. My pain is still very bad but I notice that so many others are tapering off even tramadol at this point
@kvhundley But that doesn't mean you have to! The difference between Vicodin and Tramadol is like comparing cola to gin! You may not be ready for that step down yet.

Vicodin contains varying amounts of hydrocodone and acetaminophen (300mg). So depending on what you were prescribed and what you're taking you may be putting yourself at risk by "doubling" up the dose. What is the dosage and amount prescribed on the label?

You are only 6 weeks out. Very early in the process. Stop trying to hurry things up and take it easy!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think vicodin has acetaminophen in it--unless there is another variety that has an nsaid.
When you say a double dose @kvhundley do you mean 2 pills instead of 1? I know my Rx said 1-2 pills... I needed 2 for several weeks.
 
Hi @kvhundley

How are you getting along now? How is your knee? I was ever so pleased to read about how well you did on the bikes in the gym. Well done! Xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom