TKR the other side, finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nanamoon thanks. I will have to wait u til 9 or so to get in touch with OS. They are insisting that I get on the CPM machine. I just don't think I can do it! Pain at an 8. What is wrong with these people?
 
@kvhundley This is terrible! Forget waiting till nine—there is a doctor on call, and you need to insist on talking to that person. I am so sorry. You may need to have your husband come be right there and advocate very aggressively for you. It's darn hard to do for yourself when you can't even think clearly for the pain!

Somewhere on this forum, someone suggested tossing something out into the hall to get attention; a bedpan might work.
 
My wonderful nurse from yesterday am is back and gave me pain meds. She was horrified at my treatment. What nurse gives just Tylenol on day 2?
 
Hang in there. Takes longer to reign in the pain when it isn't controlled properly. Hopefully your future nurses will provide more timely pain control in the future. Pain is much better controlled if it is taken care of before it gets severe. Are you icing too?
 
Hopefully this good nurse will communicate with the doctor and make sure the pain med orders are being carried out. :console2:
 
I'm so sorry this has happened to you.
The treatment you are receiving its totally unacceptable. Can you get your husband to come in and speak up for you as well? You need to report the way you were treated to someone in authority, who can make sure it doesn't happen again. I think Jamie suggested talking to the Patient Advocate. Do that, if they have one in your hospital.

As you found out, if you don't get your pain relief medication on time, it takes a lot more medication to catch up and relieve the pain.
 
I could not get through to the nurses station one time, I called the hospital operator. When she could not get through, she sent someone up to check, no one was at the desk. Apparently there was a problem and they were all in one room?
When do you go home and gain control over your pain medications?
 
I'm so, so sorry you are going through this. If you have the strength and want, ask to talk to an administrative rep (usually a nurse in charge of all nurses in the hospital) or a patient advocate. Someone not checking on you for two hours is beyond unacceptable. Hope you are getting on top of the pain.


LTKR November 20, 2014
RTKR sometime in 2015
 
Did things go any better during the day? I do suggest you get your husband to come stay with you as much as possible so he can take immediate action for problems like this.
 
I had a good three hours when my pains meds caught up from 1-4pm, but have been awake all night again waiting for meds very three hours, and the nurse keeps stretching the hour from 1:45 to 2, and now my next dose went from 5 to 5:15am. I do not understand this cruelty. I don't remember ever crying this hard, but they just keep saying "wait to meet its your OS In the am" honestly the two most painful days of my life. I was told all along that I would be getting a "cocktail" of celebrex, Tylenol, gabratian? And oxycontin but that disappeared after one dose yesterday morning.
 
This is terrible. Did you finally see your OS today?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom