TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

Ah yes...we all have weather knees. I wonder if it will be worse when it snows...... can't wait.
 
@bluejuju Last night, the dog turned my bed into one of those funky vibrating beds; he was shaking so bad. The thunder was so loud it must have woken him up because I didn't hear it at first, but then my knee decided to join in the fun as well. I'm glad I don't live in the tropics!:bolt:
 
We just had a tornado warning for cape cod!! Weird weather... especially after getting all that snow this winter. Our knees are going to turn into those diving rods and start shaking when water is near!!
 
I'm so pleased that you opened up about your depression....Funny how we never really know what is going on with someone else. You should take it as a compliment that I think you sound positive and cheerful, that's how it was intended!

I've never been treated for my depression but I know it's real. I'm very watchful for it to rear its ugly head this summer with two new knees....heck, I think that could cause anyone to become depressed!

Glad your first day alone went so well.....I haven't been bored yet but just now feeling like watching some of the movies I've set aside and.....I WANT TO GET BACK TO KNITTING!
 
@Cindy knits you know it's funny, I never thought I was depressed, just an emotional person. I cry easily. It took going away with my daughter and coming home to my own house and couldn't catch my breath. I didn't want to be there. My own house! The final straw was when my neighbor found me sitting behind the shed in the backyard crying over pretty much nothing. I knew then that I needed help. This was crazy!! I've been to therapy when life got real tough--got breast cancer, turned 50, mother dies, son turns 16, sister with intellectual disabilities moves in ...all in the matter of 3 months. They say God never gives you more than you can handle. Well, my beautiful velvet chair is all decked out waiting for me.:heehee:

These knees had to wait their turn in the soap opera of life, but now that I've done it, I intend to heal correctly, slowly and with all the positive energy I can muster. But I can only do that with the help of others and this forum is the greatest for that. Next spring I'll be back when I do my left knee. The inside of that knee is a mess so it should be fun!

Are you knitting anything fun?
 
Last night was another one of those bump in the road nights. I couldn't put my knee on the mattress without extreme pain. The back of the knee was extremely painful to touch. No amount of ice, massage, walking, elevating or prayers made it go away. I finally gave in and took a second pain pill (I'm allowed 1-2 within a 4 hour period) after about 1 1/2 hours and went to sleep. Called the doctor today who finally called back later this afternoon. The PT checked muscles, structure and finally came to the conclusion it had to be nerve related. When the doc finally called, the told me it sounded like a Baker's Cyst that was not removed during surgery was acting up. Icing and compression should help. Talk to the doc on Thursday when I see him. I didn't even know I had a Baker's Cyst! Surprise!!:what: Please, let me have a better night.:beg:
 
Well that's a bummer @momweb...they should have given you a heads up that you had a baker's cyst. Why didn't they just remove the thing while they were in there? I hope you have a good night's sleep. Have you tried melatonin? I hear it works well for sleep. That is my next purchase for the sleep fairy hasn't been by to see me lately!
 
I hope you get some sleep tonight!! I heard somewhere on here that Schiff Melatonin works great..... I have that on my list - one of a million items to remember :heehee:
 
Just read your thread - hope you get some better sleep tonight and that the cyst is dealt with soon. You were out of hospital quickly - I'm still here - third night now - think I'll be in at least one more night possibly two. I couldn't mobilise properly until day 2 because of the nerve block they used.
 
Thanks @Celle I actually saw this article yesterday while searching Bonesmart. It helps to understand why they didn't remove it. I just hope it hurries itself along and shrinks itself into oblivion. Nighttime is the worse.
 
A Bakers cyst.....that's all you need right now! Geez.....


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Everything's probably a bit :tantrum: what with the surgery and all. I hope it calms down for you.
 
I have a Baker's Cyst on the back side of my knee occasionally. I've had success massaging it and also used a foam roller, but I would consult your doctor before doing that.
 
Happy 4th everyone! I survived a 3 1/2 hour car ride to New Hampshire. The weather's been on and off. Today it's cloudy but no rain. I've taken a couple of walks each day which has helped tremendously. The cyst is still a pain but the compression bandage and icing is helping. I'm lengthening the time between meds so that's a good thing as well. It'll be 2 weeks on Monday. Enjoy the weekend.
 
That's a long journey at less than 2 weeks out. Glad it went ok. Good news re the meds too. Hope you have a happy 4th.
 
I'm lengthening the time between meds so that's a good thing as well. It'll be 2 weeks on Monday.
Don't cut back too much. This early, you still need the pain meds.
 
@Celle no worries, I've only managed to extend two of the daytime meds from 4 hours to 5 hours. I was only able to do that for 2 days. Now, I'm back to every 4 hours. I'm still waking up at night to take the meds but at least I go right back to sleep which is progress. Thank you for your support. I can't believe the difference the ice makes. What did people do before they realized its value?
 
Two weeks tomorrow for both of us! How you feeling?!?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom