TKR The Knees and Me - staged

I don't know what is with these knees of mine. Really, if I slow down any more I won't be moving at all! Got up this morning and I was stiff all the way to my teeth! Only thing I can think of is the tossing around I do at night...probably counts as exercise :what: Probably should have taken something, but I am sooo sick of all of that stuff.

We did go to town today. Nothing strenuous, just a quick trip to the grocery and to Wal-Mart. The walking helped a bit, and so did an ice bag. I dread bedtime, though. C'mon, knees, get with the program!
 
:console2:

Here’s some happy thoughts for you: :reindeerlights:
 
I’ve been stiff all the way to the teeth, too, and it’s no fun! I get most of my exercise at night, rolling around in bed, trying to get comfortable. I even do leg raises and quad sets sometimes. If I didn’t laugh, I’d have to cry. Jeesh!
 
Oh my, I can identify! Christmas is coming and our legs are getting stiff (and tired, and sore, and slightly overworked). As Mama always said, "This too shall pass." Now if I can just find that patience I misplaced!!
 
@Polkadot and @phrog, you get it! It's every.single.night, no letup. Haven't tried the leg lifts, that would give me something to do. Right now I sit on the edge of the bed until I'm bored enough to get under the covers. Then the knee starts in. Bend, click, straighten,shift :gaah:

Last night I took some ibuprophen (shhh...shhh) and it calmed things down. Today I got up with much less stiffness. Seems like drugs are still the answer, at least at night. Anyway, I feel a lot more cheerful today.

Thank you for listening and understanding :flwrysmile:
 
Christmas is coming and our legs are getting stiff

This sounds like a TKR song!

Christmas is coming,
The knees are getting tight,
Please put an ice pack
On the grumpiest one tonight.
If you haven't got an ice pack,
A _________ will do,
If you haven't got a _________,
Then God bless you.

Fill in the blanks with your favorite alternative method of dealing! Some suggestions: "little white pill," "glass of wine," "Lounge Doctor," "spate of tears," "hissy fit," etc.
 
Ladies, you have left me with an earworm that won't quit...

"Christmas is a-coming and the pain is in the knee...
How about a Percocet for poor ol' me?
If you haven't got a Percocet then Tylenol will do,
If you haven't got a Tylenol then God bless you!"

:tree lights:
 
I don’t know the tune. :bawl:
 
I have a friend who writes songs for her friends for special occasions. She wrote one for me for my 60th birthday (I had only known her 6 months) to the tune of Happy and You Know It. Then, last Christmas she wrote one for my husband to the tune of Jingle Bells. They are a hoot!!!:rotfl:
 
That's an old Christmas song often sung as a round. Look for it on YouTube under "Christmas is coming and the geese are getting fat". There are several versions. The one by wallacefolk1 is closest to the one I remember.

I'm not tech savvy enough to link on a tablet, alas...
 
I may have turned one of those corners everyone talks about. Yesterday I wanted to wind a warp for a weaving project, but when I stood up to the warping board both knees let out a howl of protest. I thought ":censored: too early."

Then I sat on the couch with the warping board braced on a chair in front of me. My feet were tucked back under the couch and my knees were bent. Success! I finished the job and the knees didn't mind being flexed.

Today DH and I went to the grocery and to the recycle bin. Still no problems.

The holidays are looking much brighter now :santaclap:
 
:santaclap:, it is the little things that make so much difference in our lives after TKR. You still have a lot of healing and improvement to look forward to enjoying:reindeerlights:.
 
I think I am beginning to understand knee talk. When they are unhappy the quads of both legs ache and feel swollen. The left quad actually becomes hard to the touch. Guess it was a bad idea to park my rigid heddle loom on my lap. Live and learn.

Rest and a bit of ice helps on these occasions, and 200-400mg ibuprophen at night.

Going into Week 10. Getting better inch by inch :) :-) (:
 
But did you enjoy what you did with your loom? Sometimes it’s worth doing something you enjoy. It will be better in the future. And if it settles down faster than a previous time, then that’s progress.
 
@Jockette, I always enjoy getting a project going:) There's one already on the floor loom, but I'm not ready to tromp the pedals yet. So the little loom will keep me amused until I can do that.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom