Guest viewing is limited

TKR The Knees and Me - staged

I am glad to hear Medicare does not require PT. :yay:

Hopefully my knees will last until after I am on Medicare, and I don’t plan to go to PT next time. I did not have the worst PT but neither did I get one of the good ones.
 
Sooo... 3 Percocets and 3 1000mg doses of Tylenol per 24 hours?
 
Thanks @Thesoutherncook! I am really pleased with the shirt. I've worn it to PT and plan to wear it when I have my doc visit Wednesday. Kelley does good work:thumb:
 
Knee #2, Week 7

Had my evaluation at PT today and they cut me loose :happydance: So all the time I've been spending in PT I can use for real life! I'm still on Percocet, alas, and I still ice a lot. But I can recover at my own pace now and not worry about ROM or anything else. That makes me happy.
 
Ventured into town today for the first time since that trip down the mountain after my last doc appt. We had breakfast, voted, did a bit of grocery shopping. It was cool and rainy. The new knee got a bit sore, but after we got home it calmed right down.

Like last surgery, the legs were short on stamina, but in the end seemed to appreciate the exercise. I'm beginning to think that PT has been responsible for the grouchy knees. Maybe they had some resistance on the Bike, I don't know. Anyway the legs keep getting better. I'm hopeful, anyway.

Doc appt tomorrow!
 
Doc appt went well, have to go back in 3 months. The doc loved my TKR Tough t-shirt and wanted to order a bunch of them for his patients. I'll give the creator his address at the hospital and she can let him know if she is interested.

DH and his brother worked out that we would join him and his wife for breakfast after the appt, so the knees made their public debut. I expected trouble from sitting with my feet down, but all went well, at least while we were eating and visiting. Afterwards I was tired, so I stayed in the car while DH got some things from the grocery.

Doc renewed my Percocet, but told me that the rules were changing to allow only 2 weeks of opioids for joint replacement patients. It is my dearest wish that some of these virtue-signalling politicians get a knee replacement at some point. Me, I'm glad I didn't wait to do the second knee!

As it is, I'll try once again to wean off of Percocet. I find Tylenol a poor substitute, but I'll suck it up as best I can. Sooo...Percocet every 8 hours with Tylenol in the middle as needed. Bleh.
 
Glad you had a good doc visit, and hope you recover from the long day of outings. I expect you will experience great improvement over the next three months . . . at least that was my experience. That is discouraging to hear about new restrictions on the pain meds. I hope your pain will continue to lessen so you can have a good experience getting off the Percocet.
 
Thanks, Kathleen! I know the pain will pass, but it is taking its sweet time to do so. Percocet every 8 hours and Tylenol at the same rate works fairly well, but I really feel drugged up. I'll do this for a few days, then try for every 12 hours.
 
that the rules were changing to allow only 2 weeks of opioids for joint replacement patients.
Yikes! :blackcloud::holysheep::gaah:I wish my doctor had allowed me to do both knees at the same time or staged! I needed every bit of the opioids for quite a while after surgery!

I surely hated that "drugged up" feeling, @rubyyarn, but it's better than the pain! Funny thing: when I pushed my limits the other day by flying to Denver from Michigan, the next day I actually had that "drugged up" feeling--all day! And I haven't taken any narcotics for a couple of months at least!
 
@Polkadot, I think the airlines cut costs by supplying less oxygen to the cabins...but I hate flying, so that might color my opinion!

Is your doc making you wait a full year before doing your next knee. Or maybe the rules are different in your state. Your doc could probably tell you.

Really, the govt should stay out of the healthcare business. They mess up everything they touch :tantrum2:
 
My doctor didn't really give me a timeline for the other one, beyond saying that he recommended no surgery until the knee was hurting like the first one. I've had episodes of discomfort with the second knee, but nothing like the first--yet. It was the opinion of my regular doctor, after reviewing X-ray results, that I would eventually need the surgery on both knees. Maybe I won't!

RE the government meddling: I fully agree. They seem to over-react a lot. It reminds me of one time when a first-grader went up the big slide the wrong way, got slaughtered by a fifth-grader coming down the slide the right way, and the school outlawed the slide! Or the time when a second-grader got bit by the class guinea pig, and pets with teeth were banished from classrooms.
 
@Polkadot, I've never heard of arthritis getting better. My doc said the second knee wasn't as bad, but "it was coming". So I decided to just get it done. I'm not getting any younger...
 
Seems that this time last knee I was down to 2 Percocets per day. Guess I'm just a lazy loafer this time. Doing better than yesterday, though. That rain made me so cold! I was OK once I warmed up,though. I really didn't need to be doing Dances With Drugs...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom