TKR The Journey Continues

Hi VonnieN. Hope all is going well with your recovery. Have been reading your posts and it sounds as though you were doing very well with your first TKR and I hope the second is just as good.

Wishing you well.
 
Last edited:
Hi all I have has a terrible day, recovery of this leg will not be like the other. They had to do much more work building the end of the bone before they can straighten the leg. It is so bruised and heavy. Tried to get a out of bed but I almost fainted so had to lay down again. Very disappointing.....the pain was through the roof and it has taken nearly all day to get back on top of it.

I feel really spaced out...takIng a drugs panadole forte, tramadol, fentanyl. Sleep was poor with leg stuck in in one spot which just makes it worse.

So from one extreme to another.
 
I’m sorry! Rest rest rest and the leg will come along.
 
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. The roller coaster ride is terrible. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs!
 
Oh, so sorry it’s not behaving. It might just be a rough start but you never know, it could surprise you. Interesting this knee seems to be structural worse but you did the other knee first. Was this knee the least painful of the two prior to surgery? Rest, take the meds, time will go by and things will improve with that time.
 
Make sure they are keeping lots of ice on your knee. That will help some with the pain, along with the meds.
 
I'm sorry you had a bad day, Vonnie. I hope today will be better.
Make sure they have your pain well controlled before you come home.

It sounds as if this second knee will need more TLC and it could have a slower recovery. Give it the time it needs and it will get you there, even if it takes a little longer than your first knee.
 
Oh, so sorry it’s not behaving. It might just be a rough start but you never know, it could surprise you. Interesting this knee seems to be structural worse but you did the other knee first. Was this knee the least painful of the two prior to surgery? Rest, take the meds, time will go by and things will improve with that time.

yes left did not cause as much pain. the right knee caused most of the problems in recent times. But I think he had more manilpuation to do to get the alignment right. I can bend it a bit today but the leg feels so heavy. catheter is out now. So will be doing toilet trips. It just aches.

The right caused me no trouble with recovery but the valgus was not as severe. I will be having something every three hours so hopefully can keep on top of the pain.
 
So sorry to hear your left leg is causing you so much pain. Rest up and let yourself be pampered. Hope the pain meds are helping.
 
Wishing you a speedy recovery and as low of pain as possible. Big hugs
 
I was just thinking about your knees being twins, whereas one is born before the other. Having taught several sets of twins over my years of teaching, the parents always are convinced one is ahead more than the other. The always compare their twins. I guess it’s inevitable. Lol.
 
I was just thinking about your knees being twins, whereas one is born before the other. Having taught several sets of twins over my years of teaching, the parents always are convinced one is ahead more than the other. The always compare their twins. I guess it’s inevitable. Lol.

Yes it would be difficult not to compare. Just had a shower and sitting on the bed. Still can't eat much a few mouthfuls. On track will do some stretching so I can get some strength back into the leg. All will be good
 
Hoping your knee settles into a being a bit less painful soon. Congrats on the shower!
 
Have come out the other side and thought I would get to go home today but alas no got my ROM to 70 Dr said no he wants at least 80. more drugs needed to get there in 24 hours
 
He came past and said I can go home I did some work today and it is about the muscles knowing I had the other one done four weeks ago he was comfortable where it was at. What a relief. I will try to sleep soon the quicker tomorrow comes. Yay.
 
So good you can go home and get some sleep, relax, and heal. Sweet dreams!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
Back
Top Bottom