Guest viewing is limited

TKR The journey continues

You are such a strong, determined lady and don't let a little pain slow you down! Amazing! I hope the back brace helps and then your pain goes away so you won't even need it!
 
Those intense rehearsals before performing can be killers. Standing up, sitting down, etc. is hard on knees. I guess perhaps taking it easy this week is in order.
Does the back brace work? I'm curious about what it is and what it does.
 
@mamazipp I have no idea if the back brace will help me. Two people said I should get one so I thought I'd try. I'll let you know if it helps. It is bulkier than I want and am afraid it might show under my clothes. I have some scoliosis and degenerative disk disease. My back has hurt for years but seems to be getting worse. I am sure golfing doesn't help.
 
I have a back brace that my doctor gave me a few years back, it is still in the same box it came in, it is so bulky and HOT, I can't stand it. My back seems to be better since my TKR because I can walk better, but sometimes, like yesterday, it really bothers me!!

It is not easy getting older!!!!
 
Nope, getting older means more aches and pains, but also lesser income taxes! At least some good comes out of it!
 
I just talked to my brother who is having continuing pain in both knees. He is going to talk to his doctor about having TKR in both knees at the same time. I strongly recommended that he do like so many here and have a break in between. He may just end up having another steroid shot. He had an easy recovery from his THR and probably thinks that the knees will be the same. I am totally convinced that knees are much harder than hips. Comments?
 
I've never had a TKR but I've had thoracic (chest) surgery and an open surgery for my gallbladder and a TKR for me was by far the most painful surgery I ever had. BTW after the thoracic surgery my very old school surgeon told me to take a Bayer aspirin for pain!
 
Today is my 20th week. I think I should be doing less but I don't want to take a step backwards. I golf on Monday and Wednesday, exercise on Tuesday and Friday. Chorus is Sunday night and Thursday we have our dress rehearsal with one concert this Friday and another next Sunday. My knee started hurting when I was golfing today but then stopped. I made sure to elevate and ice when I got home. I also iced my back. I think if I cut back on my activities my knee would be great. Someone who was out a long time from surgery complained to their OS that their knee still hurt and he replied it was because they were doing too much. I think that is me. At least tomorrow I am scheduled for a massage. One good thing is that I am sleeping better at night. All in all I am not complaining. A golfing friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I have so much to be grateful for.
 
I agree that you're probably doing too much. Golf and the activities of daily living are probably enough. After all, you walk quite a long way when playing golf - and walking is the best exercise of all for your knees.
You won't take a step backwards.
 
You are very active and your knee is still a baby, just try not to push yourself too much...remember ice is still our best friend :)
 
I still say you are amazing to do all you do! I agree that ice is our best friend!
 
Tonight is the concert and I'll use one of the Tramadols that I saved. I have only two left. It isn't for my knee but my back. I hope it doesn't effect my singing or put me to sleep on the stage!
 
I hope the concert goes well. I have been where you are with the back. Mine is worse in the am and feels better as the day progresses. There are some days a cane really helps my back.
 
I hope you enjoy your concert tonight and stay pain free everywhere.

I am a member of the bad back club, I have to take anti inflammatory meds every day, I have tried to give them up on several occasions but the pain is very debilitating.
 
How did you make out last night at your concert? How are you today?
 
The concert last night was fantastic! We were much better than I anticipated. I guess everyone was really focusing. My back and knee held up well. Tomorrow we get to do the concert again in a small church in a town about an hour away (Dunnellon, FL). What really made it good for me was that I convinced a strong alto to stand beside me. I hope I can do the same on Sunday. The five if us who are car pooling are going to dinner afterward. Today I am exhausted and resting up for tomorrow.
 
Good to hear. It's always good to have a strong voice next to you. Back in the day I was more sure of my voice and didn't care. I could even stand next to a bass if I had to. Nowadays I need the support. I'm currently standing in-between alto 1 and an alto 2 (I'm alto 2). Challenging!
 
I'm glad your concert went well and your knee and back were fine. Rest up today so that you are ready for a full trip tomorrow.
 
Good deal that the concert, back and knee did well! I envy you. I miss singing in a large chorus. I live pretty far away from the closest one and they rehearse from 7 to 9. That puts me home about 10. Just too late for this single woman to be out by herself.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom