Guest viewing is limited

TKR The journey continues

Not off topic when I comes to needing support after these surgeries. Our caregivers give so much of themselves to help us through this and we are blessed to have them! Now, you will be 'paying him back' for his kindness! We are put on this earth to help each other!

I know about doing stupid things shower themselves in our knees! I haven't gotten to nerve to try and kneel on my knee yet. I couldn't do it before the surgery and don't have any idea when I'll have to courage to try it after!
 
I kneeled on my knee today cause I had to clean up a hair ball on the rug requiring pressure in scrubbing. It didn't hurt! Plus I was able to get up using my TKR leg to push me up. As Sheila says, woot! I thought I'd never be able to do it. A milestone.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!!! I haven't gotten that far, OS said no to kneeling yet. I did go up and down the stairs at school today and it was pretty good. Going down was scary. Going up was easier that I thought it would be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Wow, @mamazipp! I look so forward to being able to really use my knees again! You have improved so much just in the last month. I will be following right behind you! It's been since the 90s that I could get on my knees. One day...!
 
Thanks for the support Paula. I have noticed a leap of improvement and I'm so worried about getting too confident....lifetime habit of fear of success......but maybe, just maybe, ??? Even though our surgery dates are far apart I feel like we're experiencing similar ups and downs. I always look to see what you're doing. Of course, you are way more active, what with your property needs and your camping adventures.
 
Sometimes it seems like this activity is helping me and other times it seems to be hurting me. The knees are still in control and won't let me forget it! I am so blessed with what I can do! Having to take care of things myself sure did rehab my knee without having any pt, and that's a huge blessing!
 
Ladies, I'm pleased you're doing well, but let's remember this is Floridagal's recovery thread. If you post your achievements on your own thread, we can all celebrate your progress there.
 
I am sorry. I thought I was on my own thread. Girls, we must do better! Do get back where we should be, @Floridagal, are you doing any better since your over doing last weekend?
 
I, too, got carried away and thought I was on sistersinhim"s page. Didn't mean to derail you, Floridagal.
 
It's always good to know my posts are being read. Don't worry about derailing me. We are all in this together. Right?
 
We are all in this together! Glad to hear from you. Is your knee better?
 
Knee is doing fine. Once in a while a little pain but I can pretty much golf and not even think of it. It was a little sore at the end of my 2 mile walk but that is expected. I am happy with my progress. The left knee is also much better. Now if only the back would behave . . .
 
I'm glad the knees are behaving! Having a backache is the pits. Can you knee be causing it? Is there a cure for it?
 
Amy Jo, do you walk the course or use a cart? I've had backpain since my TKR, its worse in the morning than any other time of the day and my mattress is just a few years old. I think I always had the back pain, but it was in the shadows compared to my knee pain and now that the knee pain has diminished the back can be heard.
 
It's an executive course and I use a cart. I use to walk but it is about four or five miles and I am not up to that yet. I see a chiropractor on Thursday. It has hurt me for years but seems to be getting worse.
 
Be sure and let us know what he says.
 
Wow! I think 4-5 moves would be difficult. I hope the chiropractor can help your back. Mine is due to arthritis.
 
Bye, everyone. My knee, Lady Mary, is doing great and I am leaving BS. Thanks for your help along the journey.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom