TKR The journey continues

Stay safe, I hope you were able to go shopping...please keep us posted!
 
You are going to be fine. Hunker down and be aware.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
@Floridagal, how did you make out? We were fine on this coast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
So far this has been a non-event here in Gainesville. We could still get some rain and wind but not what we originally expected. It is nice to have my brother and sister-in-law visiting. They rarely come here. I often go to their place. There have been multiply breaks with no rain so I was able to walk the dog. Last night we had a nice steak dinner with my BF invited. So I can't complain! I just hope that people don't think that they don't have to evacuate in the future since no one in Florida, so far, has been badly effected. My internet has been coming and going. I don't know why so I come here when I can. Thanks for your prayers and concern.
 
Wonderful that Matthew stayed to the east and that you all are OK!
 
Good news! Woot!!!!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
No damage here. The biggest inconvenience for me was no internet for a few days! Today I played in a golf tournament and Lady Mary was wonderful. No complaints at all. I now find myself going DOWN stairs naturally. It will be 19 weeks on Wednesday. I need a calendar to keep track now! My golf partner who has a bad knee said "I am sure the knee did well because of the physical therapy." I gave her a big NO! What is necessary is icing, elevating and letting the knee heal. I don't think she believed me. It takes a long time to change attitudes. Oh, yes, my golf is getting better - slowly. :walking:
 
I need a calendar to keep track too. I wrote 20 weeks on my calendar at work! I guess once we get back into normal living mode, we have to actually work the math out. Lol
 
Happy to hear you came through the storms unscathed, and that Lady Mary is being so good. It's great that you are getting back to such normality too. You are a wonderful example of how to rehab a knee :yay:
Tabby xxx
 
Thank God all you are OK from that terrible Matthew! We on the east coast were really scared and poor north and south Carolinas got the brunt of it. Two towns down from me got over 10". We got almost 4" and wind gusts around 25 to 35. It could have been so much worse.
Your Miss Mary sounds like a dream! Enjoy your pain free new knee!
 
The roller coaster is back just when I thought it was gone. This morning the knee hurt going down stairs and on my walk just like on week three. Why? Could it be the fast one mile walk on Tuesday followed by a hard work out with some step ups, then 18 holes of golf yesterday and then sitting with my leg down for two hours at the reading group? I did ice yesterday for the first time in a long time and will do it today. 18 weeks out/ 4 1/2 months. Now I believe that you are lucky if the knee is healed in six months and it could take up to a year. Not bitching, OK maybe a little. Just warning those who come behind. Even later in the game you can take a sudden plunge. I guess that's what they like about roller coasters. I have always avoided them. :)
 
It may be the activity from Tuesday and Wednesday, Amy. After I was back to teaching full time it was difficult to do anything much after schoool. So two physically active days could have brought you that dip. Take it easy today. :)
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom