TKR The journey continues

It really IS! I waited 10 years to get it. We will be out there late next week, I will get some pictures of it :)
 
Good. I'd love to see it. Will you be in it when you take the photos, hehe?
How nice that you feel up to going next week.
 
Ya well Im not totally sure I will be up for the trip,. but my best friend for over 50 years, Jack and his husband Dan are down for a month and looking for a house in the area and I really want to see them. I will try to take breaks for the trip and hope for the best
 
I hope you can do it. It'll feel good to breathe some sea air. All those ions.
 
I had someone come out and give me a quote about 5 years ago and I bout dropped my false teeth out of my mouth! Now, that I am 65 and in a lower tax rate, I can pull it out of my profit sharing and have it done, if I wish. But, when I get my left knee replaced I probably won't need it!
 
I'm relenting and doing another update because maybe there is someone out there who wonders what it will be like at 17 weeks. Noting, of course, we are all different. I am back to my old schedule of golf twice a week and fitness training twice a week. The difference is that some nights I am EXHAUSTED. At times I wonder if I am doing too much but then I feel better the next day. Lady Mary (my TKR) only hurts once in awhile when I go down stairs with alternating legs. I am still doing that slowly. Going up is a piece of cake. I only ice after I have done something strenuous. I am getting down on the floor using a pillow under Lady Mary to do my back stretches. Like many of you I have degenerative disc disease with scoliosis. I'm not doing any knee exercises. I think life gives it enough exercise. Sleeping has improved but once in awhile I still have a bad night. This week I walked 1.4 miles with my Nordic poles. I want to keep increasing the distance I walk to get ready for my trip to Scotland in the spring. I'd also love to be able to walk in a 5K race sometime. The other knee sometimes hurts and I have to remember it when trying to do more. It might hold me back in the future. Oh, yes, I take diclofenac everyday and Tylenol only when something flairs up. In general I am a happy camper and life is good.
 
Thanks for the update. I'm at 7 1/2 weeks post op bilateral :hiking:and wondering if the swelling in the knees, legs and feet will get better.. you don't think about the knees causing the bottom of your feet to swell, feels strange.....it's nice to know I can look forward 17 weeks being much better. That's so nice you have the opportunity to go to Scotland...I bet it's beautiful there...hope you get to do the 5k!
 
Amy Jo,
Your doing quite well for having surgery in June, Scotland sounds wonderful and I'm sure by this spring you will be good to go :walking:
 
:wowspring:Great update!! Thanks for letting those that come behind you that their future can be so wonderful.
 
Way to go, Amy Jo! Getting back to a normal life is so rewarding! We just have to do things a little more slowly than before the surgery. I, too, get tired more quickly than I did before the surgery, but know it's normal, so I don't fret about it. Enjoy your Lady Mary and watch out for the other, jealous one!
 
I am praying that Matthew leaves Florida and all the east coast alone. Amy Jo, I am praying for you, Diane, and Clara down there, and the rest of you in his path.
 
Thank you for your prayers. I can't sleep tonight. My brother and his wife are leaving their home in Port Orange at 4 this morning and driving to my house. If traffic isn't too heavy they should be here by 6:30 a.m. He lives in a manufactured house and was told to evacuate. We are predicted to have winds here up to 50 mph. My BF is planning to leave for Alabama. I am nervous. I don't have food for all of us and hope to go shopping tomorrow. I hope the shelves aren't bare. If my brother weren't coming, I'd hope in my RV and leave town. I worry about trees falling on my house and RV. Oh, well, what will be will be. It would be a shame however to have a nice new knee and get smashed by a tree! At least I won't be alone. I do have a bottle of Southern Comfort to see us through the storm and lots of candles and flashlights. To be continued . . .
 
Yes. Praying hard for your safety and comfort during the storm.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom