TKR The journey continues

@FlaGranny I wore slingback sandals to the OS visit yesterday and he said they were fine, I wear flip flops at home.
 
I'm probably not doing myself any good, but I wear just socks inside. I have new sneakers for my outside ventures. Being originally from NC, I love being barefooted!
 
Being originally from NC, I love being barefooted!

Having grown up in Mississippi, I didn't even own a pair of shoes until I graduated from high school. jk (that's what I used to tell my four kids when they were young and gullible). ;)



Left Total Knee Replacement on Tuesday, June 7th, 2016.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I grew up in Michigan and vacationed in a tent in a state park all summer. I only wore shoes on Sunday to church. Those were the days!
 
As soon as I come home my shoes and socks come off. I use slippers to walk around in the winter and flip flops in the warmer weather. I can't sleep with anything on my feet no matter how cold it is out!
 
Last night was not a good night. According to my Fitbit I was awake 4 times and restless 23 times. That seems about right. I got up and took Tylenol and iced in the middle of the night. This often happens after an evening with my reading group friends. They over stimulate me. Now for a good morning nap. :sleeep:
 
Thank you for your reply. I'm sure everything will be fine. It's just a silly idea that popped into my head - "how will I reach my foot after surgery." My hubby can help if I need him. It's funny, he actually ran ahead of me yesterday to hold a door for me. First time he's done that in over 40 years.:rofsign:
 
I had no problem reaching my foot to put on shoes and socks. You just bend by the waist not the knee.
 
I've been blessed with flexibility and could touch my knuckles to the ground before surgery. I'm a bad role model for you. :) Before surgery I worried about all kinds of little things that never came to pass. Prepare but don't obsess. Things have a way of working out. You'll do fine with a husband who opens the door for you. :thumb:
 
I've been blessed with flexibility also. Before surgery I could put both palms on the floor without bending my knees. I wouldn't try that now. I'd probably end up on my butt!!
 
Yesterday at PT my flexibility was 132 and he said my extension was 0 but I don't trust his measurement. I went with my friend for a spaghetti dinner and then to Home Depot to get a flapper for my toilet that broke. He fixed it which is good because other wise I'd have to change where I was sleeping. I tried to sleep without the sleeping pill but was unsuccessful. More naps today. Life is good and I am glad that I am making slow and steady progress. I forgot my cane when we went to the restaurant and was able to do OK but walked a little funny leaving. I can walk well when I am rested but it goes down hill fast when I get tired or sit for awhile. The PT gave me a bunch of new exercises to do at home. I will pick and choose and modify and not let them know. I do think their massages and joint mobilizations are helping the knee. I wish all my BS friends were not having the tribulations that they have. It makes me sad to read of some of the struggles that people have with their new knee.
 
Wow! Your flex is better on your new knee that it is on my old knee! Going out to eat without your cane was really foolish, but I'm so glad everything worked out OK for you. I have used a cane while out in public for over 20 years, so I'm really looking forward to leaving mine in the car!

I found I still have to have a narcotic pain pill at night, but am surviving nicely on Tramadol and Tylenol during the day.
 
@FlaGranny of course there is always the husband sock puter on-er model ;-) too.

I hardly ever really wear socks. I have slip on slippers if my feet get cold in the house. When I'm out I wear the EZ Spirit slip on mules type shoe
 
@dianehelen, you just might want some socks on after your knee surgery. Many of us have complained about being so cold and that includes my feet! I even had to sleep in them up until last week.
 
Thanks Paula, I have some if I need them, but usually these slippers, that I found after my hip, are warm and comfy and easy to just slip my feet into. They are terry cloth and nice and soft.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] The journey continues
    slippers.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 132

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom