Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

Glad to hear you are doing better , my family camps at Allegheny every year , 4th of July week, anderson trail love it, my second wife and I got

married at the admin building at Redhouse


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Jen, so glad to hear you have been having interviews and praying that they realive how valuable you are and the money comes through with this job so close to home.
Look at how tiny that hole is!! I'm surprised that the hole is 2 cm deep yet. They tell me the vac stays on until the hole is .5 cm deep, so just wondering what your dr decided in taking yours off before it got less deep. Patience is certainly a virtue when you are waiting for something to finish healing, that's for sure!!
Glad you are scouting out parks and fun places to visit. Summer time is fast coming and it's time to enjoy it - especially with how your last part of winter has been. The tracker is kind of a fun thing to monitor our actions. It's amazing what it tells me!!
Have a good one and keep up the good healing. :)
 
Jen, so glad to see that things are finally healing up for you. I can actually look at your picture now and not be so squeamish...LOL. This recovery takes a LOT of time and you most certainly have had major set backs. I can honestly say I did not get my energy back until easily 5 months...and I had a very good recovery. You seem to be doing well with your job search too, I have an associates degree in Human Services, but never pursued a career because of the wages being low in most of those jobs. I commend you though for having a passion for it and following your passion too.
Don't feel bad about playing Candy Crush...one of my favorite games!!! Play it every night..it is the only thing I can do on my computer that doesn't feel like my job...LOL. I have been absent from the site because my job has been over the top busy...!! 8 hours on the computer and phone all day puts me in a mind frame to run away from the desk as fast as I can. I too have a fitness tracker and it really does help to motivate me to walk more. Unfortunately this week I caught a head and chest cold and have felt mostly terrible all week. Next week I am on vacation all week so fighting like crazy to feel better quick...
Hoping to find the time to go to Letchworth for our first picnic of the year there. Last weekend we went to Buttermilk Falls, no picnic but we walked around a bit and took some pictures. Very Nice. We are very close to Newtown Battlefield State Park. Not one of the more well known parks, it is very historical for this area and is high up on the hills of the Southern Tier. Some awesome views on a nice day! (Although Letchworth is still my favorite) Still hope that maybe we can meet and take a hike there in the three months of NY Summer?!!
Stay positive this is a very slow recovery...it takes what it takes....you will get there and then it will be GREAT!!
 
I hear you! I'm a school teacher and I've been missing out on all the end of the school year activities (maybe not such a bad thing) but I am bored out of my skull! I play a few iPad games, too, to pass the time as I don't even have grading to do. I have one more week in the TED support stockings and I am out of my mind with anticipation. We leave for Florida next weekend and by the time we land, my 6 weeks is up. Having now done this whole routine twice now this last school year, I am excited to get back to some normalcy before we go back in August.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just looked at the latest photo of your wound. That's a huge improvement, Jen! :yes!:
I hope that the base of the wound is healing as well as the top.

Best wishes for your job search.
 
I'm glad you are doing better. I hope the job works out for you. When I went back to find a job a year and half ago that was something I always wanted to do my salary was lower than I had expected. I took the job and I truly enjoy the work and my fellow employees. Since you say you have room to advance you might want to take that into account before you just judge whether you accept the job offer or not. I'm sure whatever you decide will be the right decision for you.
 
You are doing so well! The hole looks so improved! Kudos. I love my fitness tracker - I sometimes surprise myself when it vibrates because I've done more than I thought!
You had me going for a moment about Allegeny State Park in NY ... because we used to go to the Allegheny State Park in PA, near Kinzua Dam. My sister's whole extended family still go there for a week every summer. Parks are such a tremendous resource ... I love the idea of visiting each in your state!
Good luck with the job and the salary negotiations Jen!!
 
Looking good Jen. Hope all goes well with the job! A commute of 15 minutes is a beautiful thing, might be worth the 5k difference.
 
@lene' The first time I ever went camping was in 2015 at Newtown Battlefield!! Two of my close cousins live in Ithaca. Small world!!!

@NightQuilter I've actually gone fishing at the Kinzua Dam. It's really close to Quaker Lake in the NY Alleghany Park. Didn't catch anything though.

Sorry to be MIA for so long. I started my new job 3 days ago and I love it! It was the one I mentioned at Spectrum Human Services (not the cable company!) I was able to negotiate my salary, and it much better...still not what I would like, but it's a start. They are so nice and friendly. I've gotten 2 free lunches and a bunch of swag already. I've been told that people can advance very quickly, so I've launched Operation:Knock Their Socks Off! I start meeting clients next,week and building my caseload. They are also going to give me more children to work with than I initially thought, so I can make my office look super funky and awesome! I already warned them I was weird and different.

I already notice a positive change in my knees. They are sore, but not painful, I'm just aware of them. My back, ankle, and hips hurt more than anything. Still using a cane, but less than 50% of the time. I'm up and down and walking much more, so that is a great thing!

My hole is pretty good. It's just a surface wound for now, and it doesn't drain too much. I don't even put a bandage on it most of the time!! I just feel they are stronger and the sky is the limit. I tell you one thing....I will never use antibiotics for that long ever again...still feeling the effects.

I think that's it for now!!! I'll try to catchup, but it's so nice to be productive again and not have so much time on my hands!!!!

Happily yours,
Jen
 
Oh, Jen, it sounds like you are doing super! I'm so glad your wound is almost healed and you love your job! Keep coming back and letting us know how you're doing.
 
I am so happy to hear that you are up and about, working. It sounds like an interesting job and I am sure you will do well.
 
It's so good to hear from you, Jen. I was just wondering the other day how you are getting on. It sounds as if everything is going well. Congratulations on getting the job!

And your wound sounds as if it is nearly healed, too. Great! :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :dancy:
 
Your job sounds great! I'm sure you will do well there. :wowspring:Your wound is almost healed is the best news. Thanks for the update
 
Great to hear your update. Congrats on the new job and I'm sure you will knock their socks off!!!
 
Sounds like everything is finally headed in the right direction. I felt over all I lost out on a lot last year because recovery took so long. Could actually go in for some fusing of bones in my left foot but it's 2 months at least recovery and I just can't emotionally do it at this pt maybe next summer. I'm happy you got a new job with some good benefits. I'm also just happy that the hurdles life threw at us we may have stumbled on but got up and finished the race
 
Thank you for the kind words. I made it through the first week relatively ok. It's a lot more walking than I'm used to, but still not that much, I should be doing even more! A lot of up and down in chairs, which is still hard for me. I just make sure to sit by a table or desk, or against the wall for some leverage. It will all get better in time. Ran one co-occurring group today, and I'm hoping to be able to run it from here on out since I'm so familiar with it.

Looking forward to the weekend now that it actually means something to me again!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Jen
 
Well done, Jen. I'm sure you're going to be great at this job.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom