Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

Great news on all fronts, Jen!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Excellent news Jenn. So glad you are reclaiming your life! Enjoy the weekend!
 
I am delighted your job is going well and you are noticing improvements in your knee! I think when we have other things to distract us, we are not so focused on the knee (or other parts!) and we gradually realize they are improving. I trust by now the hole is all but gone!
 
@ACDCJen I do hope that the job is helping you move on with life and your strength and endurance have improved every day because you are focused on living again.
My vac is gone now, but only in anticipation of surgery now. You and I went through so much to heal, but we both had faith we would get there one day.
Sending you my love, Jen.
 
Hi Jen, I too have been away from posting...I am so happy to hear you ar eback to "Real" Life again!!! You will continue to get stronger and stronger and keeping busy sure does help! We have had one picnic this year at Robert Treman Park just north of ithaca on the east side of Cayuga Lake. It was great except no swimming due to an algae bloom!! Am still planning to get to Letchworth, but my own job has been so busy this summer it ismaking the time just fly by! I can;t believe I haven't even been to this site in over a month!! Anyway...continue to heal and before you know it you won't even think of those knees any more!!!

Blessings,
Lene'
 
Just popping in to say hi to all the newbies and that I'm still alive! Work is crazy busy, overwhelming actually.... My knees are doing ok. I still need a lot more strength, but I am so happy I had them both done! Still have a lot of dry skin over my infection hole, but no oozing or anything. I use my cane once in a while, but it's more from ankle/achilles pain than my knees. I also think depression and the antibiotics I had to take for 2 months are a bigger factor than my knees. No more antibacs ever unless I'm dying! They mess me up.

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Yay for new knees!
Jen
 
I was excited to see you post and so happy things are going well!
 
Great to hear you are doing so well!
 
Great to hear from you! You went through a lot and it’s wonderful to know you’re doing so well. You can finally relax and enjoy your new knees!
 
@ACDCJen -Girl!!! So very good to hear from you!! Believe it or not, I thought of sending you a pm the other day to let you know that I went ahead, finally, but not on an easy route either, and had my 2nd tkr!!! Yippee -#2 is now done.
I'm kind of afraid now the stitches are out that this is the time I started my hole. Only good thoughts this time around, it just can't happen twice!! I do heal slides holding my knee so it doesn't split open. I have a new wonderful OS and did the work at my local hospital so it is all different. Those past memories don't fade, so I'm praying very hard that I have a good outcome. I lost 30 lbs since my last surgery, so that has helped too.
I can relate to the dry skin where the hole was. It seems to flake off the all the time. The rest of the incision looks great, but the hole part is a deep divet.
Continued good luck to you and your job! Sending you my love, as always!!!
 
Hello my friends. Just popping in again. Unfortunately, I had to have ankle surgery a few days ago. I saw my surgeon in February and found out it had to be done. So, I had a Haglund's excised and a peroneal repair. Two pretty major things at once, which is what I wanted. The PA said he's never seen a Haglund that big before. The surgeon said that there were a ton of tears in different parts of the ankle. I'm on toe touch balance with crutches for now. I've taken three oxy pills total, usually before bed. Aleve and flexaril have worked well otherwise.

So, this has been my 5th surgery in less than 2 years, 7 if you count the actual procedures. I'm hoping after I heal, my knees will work like they should. It's always something. But at least I get a break from work!!!

Hope you are all doing well!

Jen
 
@GingerP

So glad you went through with the second TKR. It will het better and better each day!!!!

Jen
 
Good to hear from you, Jen, but sorry you are going through this. I relate with your ankle problems. I pray you have a quick recovery and get off of those crutches!
 
I read your thread last night . So inspiring your journey with your knees! You are very strong person! Get well soon with your ankles !
 
Glad your knees are doing well. Hate to see that you had more surgery on other parts of the body. This is not the way to get out of work. :)
 
It's great to hear that your knees are doing so well, Jen.

It's a shame your ankle caused you to need more surgery, but I hope it soon starts to feel better. :friends:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom