Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

Lookin' good, Jen!!! It looks like lots of healthy healing is going on there. :) Take care, thinking of you today and hoping you don't push yourself too hard.
 
Your knee is healing, and that's great.
I hope today went well, as well as a memorial can. I hope you decided to bring the rollable because those folding chairs are pretty impossible to get in and out of!
 
Tomorrow, Saturday, is the actual service. We did get the picture boards done. I did ok today with my knee. I'm going to use my crutches but take my walker with me. I might need it when we inter her ashes in the cemetary. I'm already a mess and I just hope I can get through my reading tomorrow before I completely lose it. Not so worried about my knee tomorrow because some things are just more important. My boyfriend and parents will be there and they and my second family will make sure I'm ok. Mara and I are anticipating a lot of our friends from high school to be there, so we're going to be exhausted by the end.

Thank you for all the kind words and thoughts.

Jen
 
Thinking of you, Jen.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Be strong today Jen you can get through it. I know you are carrying heavy burdens with all losses.

Usually life turns a corner and we have great periods of goodness after these dark spells.
 
Thank you so much for the support. It was pretty emotional. I could feel my heart breaking into pieces. I got to the church early with the family and went immediately to sit in the sanctuary so I was out of the way when people started to arrive. Well, they had a lift seat that looked like it was from the 60's to get up the stairs. I didn't feel comfortable using it, so I just did the steps on my own with my crutches. I did approximately 17 steps up, and then back down again after the service was over. And I did it! I think my knee is much more capable than I even know, but I'm scared to push it. One thing nobody ever really says after replacement surgery is that you have to learn how this new joint actually works. I am in the middle of that phase. Anyway...

There were 5 people that spoke, her brother Darren, me, two friends, and her daughter Bella. I had a really difficult time getting through mine, but I did it. My dad actually came up to where I was standing to stand next to me for support, whether because of my knees or because my heart was breaking, I'm not sure. My boyfriend walked up to check on me too once I was seated again. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. Bella was sitting in front of me and she came back and gave me a huge hug. I was just a mess, but a lot of people were there and many of them were emotional too. Little Bella spoke about her mom and how nice she was and how she took care of her all the time. It was hard to watch her crying and missing her mom. She's only 8 so the concept of death is new. I know where she is interred, so I'll go to visit her often. I begged off hanging with the family (way too many people, many of them being super loud and her uncle is a loudmouth...) I could handle that so I came back home and took a nap.

My knee did surprisingly well and it does not really hurt at all, especially after 2 days in a row of less elevation and resting than I'm used to. I was beginning to worry that I was missing that "magical" moment when the knee gets much better really quickly, but I think I'm on the cusp of it now. I just hope it holds out until Monday when I see my OS. I have this whole plan in my head that he'll let me have the RTKR in the middle or end of November. I think he will, and I can be persuasive when I need to be!

So, that was my day. Thank you for your kind words of support. I think they helped, but it was always going to be a really heartbreaking day no matter what.

Jen
 
Jen,
I am amazed at your strength both emotional and physical. What a testament to your friend that you should speak about her, your tears make meaning to her life and your relationship with her, friendships like that are golden you are lucky to have had that in your life. Hold her memories dear and deep in your heart and she will never be truly gone from you!
Blessings,
Lene'


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are a very strong person to get through the last few days especially just a few weeks after surgery. I'm sure it must have been very hard for you during the service. I pray for little Bella her family and you.
 
Well done, Jen. You did so well in supporting your dear friend's family and in speaking about her. I'm proud of you. :friends:
I hope you do sleep well and that you can rest up tomorrow.
 
What a wonderful friend you are. And an amazing woman.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Looking good! I pray your day won't be too bad and that you'll get lots of rest this evening.
 
Jen, it has been quite a few days for you. What a blessing you are to Meg's family. Isn't it amazing what we learn about the capacity of our new "parts" when we must rely on them! Embrace your knees (new baby and future baby) - they are able to allow you to live your life the way you want to! Hope all goes well with your OS today. Thinking about you girl!
 
Hope you've been resting after what had to be an emotional and physically draining day.
 
Hello my fellow friends,
I did really well at the doctor today! I used my crutches and they were impressed that I was walking so well with them. Saw my x-rays and they look amazimg!!! I have a very long tibial stem but there were no areas of concern. We couldn't even see the holes from the TTT screws that were removed!! He was pleased with my extension and flexion, both of which he estimated and there was no pressure!! Got a script for ongoing Celexa, which seems to help, and I definitely notice when I don't take them. He also refilled my oxy prescription and said it was no problem to keep getting them as long as I need them. I will also start outpatient PT, which I expected. I have one small open spot that has to heal soon because....

My doctor gave the approval to schedule my RTKR!!! Hopefully sometime in November! That was one of my main objectives for today!! I am right on track to be ready for outdoor fun next summer!! I am very pleased. Just have to make sure that one spot heals so I am ready for the next one.

Just wanted to check in briefly. I'll update my signature once I have a new date!!

Jen
 
Back
Top Bottom