THR The Deed is Done - Becky Joins the Hipstas/Hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandpiper, So sorry I didn't include you on the list for the posting above. You can put me on your list of threads you are following. It's hard for me to remember all the names to post at any given time, but you are certainly in my thoughts.
 
Hi Becky... Loved reading back through some of your most recent thread... I loved your description of spending time with your husband.. very special that was post # 260 :)
 
Oh my goodness BeckyR

Wow, I can't believe how much you have achieved in such a short amount f time. Marvellous !

When I read your posts they always give me inspiration. Even I can go so far as to say part of me is looking forward to getting it done.
That's from a real scary pants!!!!

I can cut my right toenails but not the left ones ( left hip bad) so I have a nice right foot lol. So yes I do know how it must feel to be able to do your own.

Keep well
Angie
 
marcopollo, Yes, it is good to be walking -- let alone "walking the talk." I'm looking forward to walking with a real sense of freedom, the way I used to, before all these problems started. BTW, a former boss of mine used to say, "If you can't walk the talk, at least stumble the mumble." I always liked that!

Poppet, Even though I still like my job, it would be great to retire, if I could afford to. This recovery period was like a foretaste of retirement. My husband and I both feel that our time together is the best thing in the world. 24 years, and the honeymoon lives!

cornishhedge, I love your new avatar. Is that you when you were small? So precious! You will be so amazed, when you have the surgery, about how easy it is, especially compared to all the anxiety beforehand. Keep the faith!
 
Hi BeckyR

Yes it's me when I was small. Ha ha .

Well I do hope I am as good as you have been.
Even half as good as you would satisfy me.!

I'm so pleased for you , keep up the good work.
Angie
 
cornishhedge, You were a beautiful little girl, and that little girl is still inside you! You will do fine. Recovering from the surgery is nothing compared to the anxiety and the pain that you've been going through. Wait and see! What is your surgery date?
 
BeckyR
I have not been given a date. So no idea as yet. I might call his secretary and ask her.

Yes that little girl is indeed still inside me. She is the scared one. !

Funny I was looking at that pic and remembering the teacher I had at that time. She was a horrid horrid woman. She scared the hell out of me and lots of the other girls. To the point I see those women now and they still talk about her. Saying how horrible and nasty she was to us little girls. She is dead now but boy did she have an impact on my life.
Funny isn't it how things pop in your head.
Oops got carried away there lol

Regards
Angie
 
cornishhedge, Hi, Angie, The little girl is the resilient and resourceful one, too! We all have memories of teachers who took us down nightmare alley, and their negative impact does last! I try not to be like the ones I remember who caused such pain.

How old were you in that picture? What grade were you in? Give that little girl a hug, in your heart, and tell her you are going to take care of her now.
 
This is for you Angie cornishhedge... To hug your inner child

[Bonesmart.org] The Deed is Done - Becky Joins the Hipstas/Hipsters
 
BeckyR... My hubby and are are married 26 years, soul mates, best friends, and can't wait to spend 24/7 embarking on a sea change...

Life is good.. retirement will be the icing on the cake :) .. It will happen for the two of you x
 
Hi BeckyR
That's very sweet of you. Thank you. Your so right.

@poopet thank you that was just lovely. It brought tears to my eyes. Bless you

Regards to you both
Angie
 
BeckyR

I was 7 years old lol. I might change that avatar. It seems to remind me of that horrid woman.

I will try a new one see what you think lol
Angie
 
BeckyR You are right only on this site will you have people cheering for the fact you can cut your toenails. We all strive for those days when we can truly see progress and when it happens it's time to celebrate. You are going to have knee surgery next year, I hope it goes as well for you and with a positive attitude it will. Your story of healing in water surrounded by flowers sounds like a dream. I healed surrounded by snow and ice....I like your story better.
 
cornishhedge Your talk about your teacher reminded me of my first grade teacher -- long dead now. I was in a small school with the 1st and second grades in one room, and she taught them both; I believe it was her last year teaching (she was quite elderly). Anyway I remember her so very clearly because she taught me to READ. That was the most wonderful gift -- I realized it even at that tender age. I remember lying in the grass not long after reading my first words with a feeling of the almost miraculous -- I had a very small book named "Tatters," about a dog, and I was so utterly thrilled to be reading it! One of life's magical moments! It opened up a whole new world to me, and from then on I've read everything (well, almost everything) I can get my hands on.

Thank you Miss Mortensen!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom