The countdown begins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the kind words @missmuffet x


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Awww, @dandy_candi, I'm so sorry you've been having such bad pain these final pre-op days. Looking at the positive side, I think the more pain one experiences right before their THR, any post-op pain experienced will seem much less pronounced (if this makes sense). I really feel for those of you who still need to go to work while dealing with this kind of pain. Not long now my friend. Hugs!
 
@dandy_candi - Sorry to hear you have been struggling. I know everyone's situation is different, but I've been in more pain lately too since I have had to cease taking Ibuprofen pre-surgery - and does it stink. Their stock may have dropped a few points this week. (Wink)

Like Cynthia said I think it will make the "after surgery phase" more pronounced and appreciated in the difference. I find myself lately when I am in pain doing something making a mental note of it. To lock it in my memory in a sense. Standing up-ouch. Walking-ouch. Trying to throw ball for dog in yard- ouch. Bending over getting clothes from dryer- ouch. I don't know what life will be like after surgery, but I know I can't continue doing what I have been. I hope you are feeling better today and are encouraged that others care.
 
Hi you gorgeous thing! It was really great to catch up on your thread and what has been happening. Awesome stuff - sounds like you are ready! I really can't wait to watch you recovery journey and hear about all the the things that you get up to!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you @Cynthia777 and @Sommers16 . I wish I didn't have to work these last few weeks but it is keeping my mind busy so it's probably a blessing in disguise- plus extra money!
I think that does make sense about the rest of the pain post-op feeling easy peasy because of what i've been through. Even though I know it's coming up an end its still draining.

Thanks @JMACCA - it's all coming together. I tried my shower stool last night that I got for $20 and it's good- higher than the makeshift one I had been using (my garden stool) and has handles to push off. It's a little wide but not that bad to not use it. Looking forward to being there and telling you all about it and showing my crafty things I make while recovering!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
So tired that I just want to cry for no reason in the supermarket.
God I'm just exhausted and just sick of being exhausted.


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Not much longer..then we can cry together with the post pain. :(

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
 
Yes not long now op buddy @upstairsma !! You know what? I am looking forward to the pain of post op because I know it will end and it's for a good reason! We can do this!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
@dandy_candi I sooooo agree with @Zelda -- The post op pain is a walk in the park compared with the pre-op pain. It is completely different and you can do something about it - like ICE. - The pre-op pain was all over, and deep in the bone and so controlling. The other side is merely an inconvenience. :ice: Thinking of you and knowing how good that healing is going to feel for you. --julie
 
6 more sleeps!!!

Thinking of you and hoping that all goes well!
 
Yep! Ready to get this over with! Last day at work today! I work in government registration and licensing and I do driving tests. I know the local driving instructors through work but don't actually work with them per say. I told one instructor the other week and then another one today. Just said I'll be off for a few months with surgery. I might tell them when I'm back what it was for but I just wanted to keep some things to myself. I don't exactly know why.
All the girls at work know but it's just personal preference I guess.
Anyway, keeping busy over the next few days- getting my eyelashes tinted tomorrow so I won't have to wear mascara and still feel human! And then my sister is colouring my hair Monday. I am going out with my other sister for coffee day before surgery in a town about 45 mins away- just to keep me distracted. Will be nice too as her husband has the kids and I don't often get to see her without them. We used to be close but hadn't been for a while but she has been really great with the surgery coming up and her and my mum made me a care package. My little sister ( I say little, she is 25) has had hip arthroscope and I thought would be better but I've barely heard from her. Oh well, I don't expect people to drop everything for me and she is wrapped up in her own dramas so I will just take the help from those that offer.
[Bonesmart.org] The countdown begins....

This is the care package- tea, a tea pot, magazines, a lolly/candy 'happy pill' dispenser full of gluten free sweets and heaps more! It's actually a huge basket! Very spoilt. And I posted on Instagram about one of the teas I got and the tea company are sending me some more as good luck for my surgery! How lovely!! I was so thankful!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Aw how special! that is great about the tea company sending you stuff!

You are going to be so busy with your feet up...so many creative things to do and lots of physio walking to and from the toilet after all those pots of tea!! (I am an avid tea drinker too <3)
 
Well look at that! You have some really nice treats that will be waiting for you when you get home from the hospital (that is if you don't eat or drink them all now)! I bet you feel a tremendous burden lifted off your shoulders now that you don't have to go to work. I'm so happy for you Candice! :loveshwr:
 
Thanks @JMACCA and @Cynthia777 !!! I love your new kitty cat avatar!

Yes some time off work will do me a world of good! And some time to hopefully find a less stressful job too :)

I was so shocked about the tea in a good way! Such a lovely company! The brand is Pukka Teas - I think they are UK based but they sell them here obviously and maybe in the US.

Yes I have so many crafts planned @JMACCA - I told my friends to expect crafty home made gifts for Christmas! Haha i will definitely be posting them on Instagram (if I don't go over my internet limit on Pinterest looking for inspiration!) and will try and remember to post them on here too.


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Haha I love crafting @Cynthia777 always have. It's funny now that it's more 'trendy' but ever since early high school and even primary school I would be making things and loved art in school. I wish that I'd pursued it as a career but I guess there is still time being the youngster I am! Tehehe
I am not good at drawing or painting life like things - I prefer more abstract things or I can trace or copy things. I look on Pinterest and find things I like and then copy but modify things. Very therapeutic and I feel like myself when I'm making. Hopefully I can become a talented potter if I can get a few more supplies wrangled.
And even when things don't work out sometimes it's okay, it's the process that I enjoy.


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
So the ever dreaded boredom syndrome won't be knocking at your door during your recovery. I even bought coloring books and colored pencils to occupy my time, but I didn't find any solace in coloring. Lol!
 
I find I have to already be in a calm mind space to want to do colouring, but I need music or an audio book to keep the rest of my brain occupied.


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom