The countdown begins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was so sweet of your family to make up the care basket for you. I'm glad you are finished up at work for now. It's very hard to force ourselves to go to work when our hips are so bad. I retired earlier than I wanted to because of the stress and pain. Maybe after I'm back on my feet I'll look for a part time job so I don't get so bored. It sounds like you pretty well set for the big day. I'm glad your able to spend some quality time with your family first.
 
Love that basket of goodies @dandy_candi - what a lovely idea! :loveshwr:
I'll add my twopennyworth and say I'm also glad you've finished work now. And also agree that what I had preOp was pain and postOp more like discomfort, nuisance, inconvenience-type swelling and stiffness.
Taking the meds as prescribed, icing and elevating is THE answer. :ice: Follow that and you're doing everything right. The fact that you're signed off to recuperate means you can give 100% attention to just that - and feel no guilt whatsoever! :chillpill:
Just a tip - Set up your recovery thread before you disappear to hospital, then it's all ready to jump on to when you feel ready) Best wishes from the Antipodes
 
Almost time now!! :yes!:

Bet you're getting excited to get it done, Done and DONE! :yes:

Sending you Prayers and Positive Vibes for an easy recovery :)

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
@dandy_candi - thinking of you as you prepare for tomorrow. Will be looking forward to hearing from you on the other side......at your pace.
 
I'll be looking for your thread on the other side. Good luck to you. I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
 
Yep! Ready to get this over with! Last day at work today! I work in government registration and licensing and I do driving tests. I know the local driving instructors through work but don't actually work with them per say. I told one instructor the other week and then another one today. Just said I'll be off for a few months with surgery. I might tell them when I'm back what it was for but I just wanted to keep some things to myself. I don't exactly know why.
All the girls at work know but it's just personal preference I guess.
Anyway, keeping busy over the next few days- getting my eyelashes tinted tomorrow so I won't have to wear mascara and still feel human! And then my sister is colouring my hair Monday. I am going out with my other sister for coffee day before surgery in a town about 45 mins away- just to keep me distracted. Will be nice too as her husband has the kids and I don't often get to see her without them. We used to be close but hadn't been for a while but she has been really great with the surgery coming up and her and my mum made me a care package. My little sister ( I say little, she is 25) has had hip arthroscope and I thought would be better but I've barely heard from her. Oh well, I don't expect people to drop everything for me and she is wrapped up in her own dramas so I will just take the help from those that offer.
[Bonesmart.org] The countdown begins....

This is the care package- tea, a tea pot, magazines, a lolly/candy 'happy pill' dispenser full of gluten free sweets and heaps more! It's actually a huge basket! Very spoilt. And I posted on Instagram about one of the teas I got and the tea company are sending me some more as good luck for my surgery! How lovely!! I was so thankful!


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
Nice to be pampered, but hate the thought of why[emoji40]

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
 
I am thinking of you!!! Last day! I hope you are feeling OK and are not too nervous!

:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
So excited for You! You will ne amazed when You wakeup and have no more of that horrible pain!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom