PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success! I did my PT session today and added the legs sliding down the wall heel slides and I DO like that one! I was getting the same place with the bike but realized if I let the speedplay pedal slide to my instep instead of the ball of my foot that it went around easily - I did 10 or so turns backwards and called it a day.

So much for my not needing naps though - I fell asleep after lunch for a good 90 minutes then walked out in the sun - 1.15 miles today in 30 minutes, no pain and I felt I could easily go further. Reigned it in for today though - just really happy to see vestiges of the old me on the way back!
 
Teresa great job....amazing how much better we feel with a pain free workout....it only gets better...

Vinny
 
It's great to see you doing so well, walking a mile or so is very good.
 
1.5 miles ...well done and in the sunshine. Gotta love it!!

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Thank you everyone - it's great that we get to see flashes of normalcy early on - it keeps the waiting for the rest worth it! Payback time though, even with my nap today I'm barely keeping my eyes open :yawn:
 
Can we use treadmills to walk on? With all the snow here I wonder how I am going to be able to get walks in during recovery. There is so much it will probably be here until June!
 
Thanks Supersnapper! Yes, Brenda - you can but you can also just walk around in your house - honestly the days I walk outside my total steps are not all that much higher than when I don't so I must just wonder around a lot inside.

Another mini adventure today - I need to go to the county tax office to get my handicap parking permit, then will use it at the grocery, come home for lunch, a nap and PT with another walk outside, today will be 75.

Jam packed day in the life of a knee replacement patient!
 
Hi Teresa,
Glad you like the wall slides and congrats on making it all the way around on the bike!
You are inspiring me to get out and walk more. Pretty cold here right now, but will get out early tomorrow for a nice brisk walk ( it will be in the 30's)! I don't have a fitbit, but my phone has an app that will measure steps and distance.
I was wiped out after PT today and had to drive 45 minutes to my OS office to pick up a refill on my rx.
Good thing is that I wasn't sore when I got home like last time.
Took a whirlpool bath and didn't want to get out....
 
You're doing way better than me - I was proud of doing a 1 mile walk in 30 minutes, had to stop because it was clicking & hurting too much! Of course, it was 30 degrees and windy, too, so that didn't help matters. :snork:
 
@lunula - no way, you are doing WAY better than me if you agree to GO outside in 30 degree weather - forget about walking a mile, I'm impressed!

@kaw205 - South Florida is 30s? That's crazy! You both are braver than I - it has to be at least 60s and sunny or I stay inside unless there is no other choice.

Just got back from PT - numbers are looking better 0/100 - getting there! I was able to ride the recumbent bike for 8 minutes - much easier than the road bike on the trainer, or maybe my knee was just loser, I guess I'd need to try at home again and see but not now, for now I'm icing and elevating and have no plans to move anytime soon.
 
Well done Teresa...I also ride the recumbant bike. Fantastic centurary on the aROM☺ Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Knew it was only a matter of a day or two Teresa for that first full revolution. Most of my PT is coming from walking. Have a great weekend..

Vinny
 
Yes, it was in the 30's this morning. I waited until noonish when it got above 50....I did .4 mile in 12 minutes. My knee felt like that was enough, but maybe I can start going out twice a day.
Congrats on breaking 100! The bike will help alot, I think.
Sounds like you had a good workout today. Hope you're feeling ok.
 
Thanks guys! I like the recumbent - it's a different angle than the upright but yes, it's good to be able to do it and I have a feeling that this will help significantly in increasing ROM.

It was a pretty good workout - first time I actually sweat in PT but my knee was fine with it and after a nap I felt great so I went ahead with my walk - it's still in the 70s but just one more day then cold again. This won't last much longer - it's never really cold after the first week in March.
 
Psshhhh. If I didn't go out in the cold, I'd get very little exercise. As we say around here--there is no bad weather, there's just bad gear.

Although if there is actual ice on the sidewalk, I don't go walking. Not a complete moron!
 
Ha - I'll have to take your word for that Barbara - there is a reason I chose to live in Texas, I'm a wimp! I can do fiery inferno heat but anything under 50 is inhumane :-)

Feeling good this morning though it did take me a second to figure out the new "pain" both legs thighs and glutes were reminding me of the workout yesterday! Time to wake up everyone :walking: we've got stuff to do and places to go! Well, one place, anyway - today is the last day of +70 temps so I am going to head over to the Domain - a big outdoor mall - to do some walking and perhaps find a new dress for my anniversary dinner next Saturday. Will take it easy and there are plenty of places to rest if I need too.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
 
Hey @TexasTee Teresa I love the sound of your day - brave girl heading to the mall:giggle:. We are having a run of mid to high 80s here at the moment which is great - but we also have the humidity... not to bad but enough that you know its there. Just gone 6am here and I am sitting in bed with coffee and icing da Girls. Have not thought of what to do today but it will include a walk outside and some time on my recliner cycle:biking:.
Hope you find a dress - I can't imagine going shopping for clothes and having to try things on - dress / undress... too much effort - LOL.

Enjoy your day - cheers Maggie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom