PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and one abortive attempt at afternoon PT (solo) has made me aware that my knee...still hurts! Will go back to 1 perc every 4 -6 at the 6pm dose. Was worth a shot - will try again but probably not until I see what difference there is between my PT and what the out patient will want me to do.

Hi Karen @kaw205 - good to know on the eating out, thanks! Glad you got your meds - bizarre on the pharmacy run around - do they get a lot of drug thefts? I can't imagine why else they wouldn't just tell you if they could or could not fill it.
 
Weird new regulations on controlled substances. I ran into the same issue trying to refil my oxy. I guess pharmacies need to project what they'll need that month and if they run out, they're out. Hugely annoying, but luckily only ran into issues a couple of times.

Sorry about the aborted attempt at PT and drug reduction, T. I think it's wise to wait and see how you feel after PT on Friday. Keep up the great work!
 
Thanks Ellen - got pretty rocky at the end of my wait - rechecked my math and I had to wait until 7 so just now starting to feel less like poo. I don't regret trying but I'll be just fine to wait another week or so! Apparently my pain tolerance is not as high as I thought! :holysheep:
 
I forgot you had the fancy crutches! Ignore me. Haha.

I couldn't see your pics either


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It IS worth a try, though. It's like pushing a bit to find that sweet spot in yoga, right? You don't know where the line is until you find it.

I'm still on very regular meds. 10 mgs OxyContin am & pm, and 5mgs oxycodone every 4-6 hours. It's been stretching easily to six, but at night I still need to take 10 mgs to sleep through. And PT definitely wakes everything up!
 
Hi ladies! Exactly right about the sweet spot - my pain has been so well controlled I honestly wondered if I were medicating for no real reason....no more doubt about that! It was very well demonstrated that those meds are serving their purpose.

@kaydubs - I love those weirdo crutches! I bought them only on the recommendations from Amazon but recalled how very much I disliked regular crutches (my gymnastics/cheerleading career resulted in a LOT of strains and broken bones). If your daughter ever requires some, I highly recommend these! How is she doing, btw?

I wonder why my pics aren't showing up? I'll try from my iMac tomorrow.
 
[Bonesmart.org] TexasTee finally has a new knee!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
OK - did these work? The first one is from the hospital when they changed the dressing to go home - the bandage one was from...this weekend I think? It's the first day that the swelling was much lower than it had been...and the last one is the tattoo TED :)
 
Haha haha, I saw that 1st picture and thought 'darn, her other leg got really pale since surgery'. Duh, hospital issued compression stocking. ;-)
 
LOL - if I was that white I'd never post it! Here's to hopping Dr Manual lets me go tanning once the staples are out. I take it that means this time they are visible? Cool
 
Hi @TexasTee

You are doing so well. I'm really proud of your achievements. Please take it easy and don't become a regular member of the ODIC club x it's lovely to read your posts.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Yep, I see the pics!! Looking great, girl!

My daughter is struggling, but thanks for asking! She's in a lot of pain, and PT is definitely making it worse. We go to Children's Hospital for the consult with their Orthopedic Dr. on the 18th...so hopefully some answers, or a plan for the bi-lateral knee pain and the tumor in the femur. UGH.

Keep up the great work! Hearing your journey definitely reminds me of mine, this time. Still have stiff/little bit painful days here and there (especially with extreme cold temps!), but I certainly wish I had it done years and years ago!!
 
OK - did these work? The first one is from the hospital when they changed the dressing to go home - the bandage one was from...this weekend I think? It's the first day that the swelling was much lower than it had been...and the last one is the tattoo TED :)
Great TED.....be careful tanning your incision.

Vinny
 
Hi Ann and Kaydubs - thank you for stopping by. KD - I really hope your daughter gets to the bottom of her problem on the 18th - that's no fun at all!!

Morning all! Fairly rocky start to the day, pain wise. I'm guessing that the Perc builds up in your system over time and my day off has messed with that. Live and learn! It settled down as soon as I got my meds in and the ice machine refreshed though, so all good.

Another day of doing....nothing, yikes! I don't know what I thought this would be like but the boredom factor is huge. I need to figure out something that I can stay interested in or I'm going to get myself into some trouble, I'm guessing!
 
Hi Vinny - yes, assuming I get permission after the staples come out I'll make sure to put something over the actual incision itself...it will look a little goofy but that's ok, it really lifts my spirits and fake or not it does provide vitamin D so helps with seasonal doldrums.
 
Weird new regulations on controlled substances. I ran into the same issue trying to refil my oxy. I guess pharmacies need to project what they'll need that month and if they run out, they're out. Hugely annoying, but luckily only ran into issues a couple of times.

Sorry about the aborted attempt at PT and drug reduction, T. I think it's wise to wait and see how you feel after PT on Friday. Keep up the great work!


There are many new regulations on narcotic meds due to abuse...some speak of the Holy Trinity cocktail of Vicoden,Oxy and Soma which sends people to never never land....OXY may be the most abused narcotic med of all.....always been an issue with me so I tend to be a little cautious with use. ....1 in 12 surgical patients have some sort of dependence issues and ,in my case, I avoid them if I can....

Vinny
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your rocky start to the day T :-( glad you're back on top of your pain right now. Uhm, as for that boredom thing ... yeah, not much to do about that other than movies, puzzles, reading, making lists of all you'll do when you're better, internet shopping, online stalking, oh wait, that's not a good one.....

@vinny , I couldn't wait to get off of Oxy but it was the only thing that worked on my pain and even with that, my pain was never less than probably a 3-4. I was on it for a pretty extended amount of time ~ about 2.5 months I think (maybe longer - eek) and had no issues coming off of it. I took one a few weeks ago when my knee was really bad again and it totally made me sick. Just like the good old days. ;-)
 
Hi Ann - the TEDs came from Amazon - I thought I'd have to wear them a lot longer than I did and wanted something more fun.

Ellen - yes! I spent yesterday afternoon watching utube videos - we do have netflix streaming to the television but I never use it - I asked Bill this AM to show me after work tonight which of the 9 million remotes I need and the mechanics of it. I am just not that into movies but it's better than nothing, I suppose.

None of the books I haven't read are capturing my interest - either they all stink (distinct possibility) or the meds are messing with my concentration more than I think. I think I have a chess strategy game book around somewhere - after my after lunch nap, I'll have a look around.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom