PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Teresa....boredom, the antagonistic partner of patience gggrrrr. Usual advice read TV movies jig-saw... bottom line just gotta hang in there and let yr body heal. Just coming up 5am and had meds... playing the waiting game.
When do you get da staples out? Maggie x
 
Truth sista - but gosh this is tedious! Maybe I should have just stayed on the max drugs and slept thru it! Staples come out next Tuesday.
 
It's good that I swung back thru the forum - I had just convinced myself that I could vacuum the living room without it being too much. Guess that's a no go :) Ok - ice, elevate and work on my French flash cards...stop and take big breaths if you get too excited for me!! :loll:

Thanks for the reminder ladies, I'll be good...
 
I love Netflix for watching tv shows that I missed out on! Watching old Cheers episodes and Friends too

Definitely no vacuuming, lady!! When you're bored, sleep! You're not missing out on anything. Haha


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi again Teresa, @TexasTee
Thinking about vacuuming? I think you need a reminder!
Activity progression for TKRs

You need to treat a partial knee replacement with as much respect as if you had had a full TKR. All that tissue damage still needs lots of time to heal.
 
Vacuum cleaning is work...work is a 4 letter word....definitely off bounds
 
Ok naughty word police here, hmmmmmm bound over for weeks nae vacuuming

Legin THR Sep 14
 
The Jury has returned with a unanimous verdict....No Vacuuming!..Nada..Zero..Zilch:bignono::no-fin:

Vinny
 
I don't think Dyson would approve of all this nae saying for the vacuum! Ok, then someone needs to convince my long haired English Mastiff and her buddy the Aussie to keep their hair on for a wee bit! My husband works 10-12 hour days and comes home to walk the dogs and bring me food, I simply cannot ask him to vacuum at midnight. Will do my best to ignore it for a little longer.

Day 10 and my knee is doing incredibly well - no idea what my ROM is but I can feel that it's easier to move, walking inside is entirely without crutches and no limp, today I brought my dogs food to the patio and on the way back in came up the step leading in with my operated leg first and climbed up no issue, no pain. Wasn't planned either but I'll take it!

Might be the only time I say this but I'm very much looking forward to going to physical therapy tomorrow!
 
[Bonesmart.org] TexasTee finally has a new knee!


Perpetrators of the hair crimes!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Look at those sweet innocent faces! Congrats on the steps! Please be sure, however, when you're carrying the dogs' bowls outside, that you do the slow & careful two-foot thing as your hands will be full. Also, please take your crutches (or the dreaded cane) to PT tomorrow. No clue how you'll feel afterwards and you might be glad to have them. Worse thing that could happen is that they sit in the car with Bill and you don't need to touch them. I do think you'll be glad to have them, just in case though. :-) Keep up the good work and don't go getting carried away today. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for you! You get to leave the house!!!!
 
What adorable faces!

I had to have someone come in and vacuum & do some light house cleaning last week. I have five animals and like you, I couldn't ask my husband to do even one more thing. It was not terrible--$33 for an hour, and I felt so good when she left!

Getting out to PT will feel great. I start going out to mine next week, 2x a week, and I look forward to it, too. More, though, I am ACHING for the day when I can go back to the gym and go swimming! Have fun tomorrow.
 
Oh, on boredom. I did some cooking yesterday--a bone broth made from beef bones (including a knucklebone as big as my head!) and it was wildly satisfying to chop celery and carrots and brush the meaty bones with tomato paste and roast them, and all those steps, you know, just something creative and satisfying to fill the time. It IS tedious, just healing healing healing. (yawn!) We are going down the street to have Chinese food tonight and I'm so excited it's giving the whole day some extra light.

Barbara, clearly now an ex-vegetarian
 
Cooking is a great idea! I don't know if you use/have a crockpot, but for about half hour or less of prepping the food, you get the satisfaction of feeling productive when you have a nice warm meal for dinner. I definitely used mine a lot while home recovering :)
 
Hi ladies! Yes, Ellen - I'm very careful when carrying the bowls - it's raw chicken after all and the little gray one jumps up and down the entire way to the door. He can't help it, he was raised by a vegetarian, and like Barbara, has happily given it up!!

I will bring the crutches to PT - not sure how far away we'll have to park, I need to remember to get the Dr note for the handicap pass, I hope to be driving soon!

I love to cook and now that the meds are lower I like to eat again so cooking is a great idea. I pretty much only have eat now foods in the house, will make a trip out this weekend with Bill to stock up. I roasted some sweet potatoes with ghee and cayenne last night and it was great! Still can't stand all that long but that makes the crock pot a terrific idea. Will cruise some recipes later to keep myself out of trouble :)

I'm reading some short stories by Ann Pachett - perfect! Not too long but both interesting and thought provoking rather than mind numbing. So nice! Off to check on everyone then take my afternoon nap. :sleep:
 
Yet Teresa. You are chipping away at the boredom gremlin and learning to fill in time. I'd be interested in your crock pot adventures. Particularly any recipes you do that are fan...yes you guessed it you get the crock pot recipes explorer award.
I get to do hydro this afternoon....exciting. Will report back on my thread. Have a great day...hugs to the fur kids Maggie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom