Terri is in Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update is from home; however, Terri is still in the hospital.

Today Terri read all the repsponses to my post so far. It made her very happy.

Since my last update things have gone well with the exception of pain management. Fortunatly after almost 24 hours of tweaking the meds I can say she is comfortable.


I am sure she will post the fine detaails soon. Here are the cliff notes. She did not get the epidural she was hoping for, just general. There was the femoral block but it wore off fast. (I missed my chance to get her to commit to promises in the future, in writing, due to missing that response before the general really wore off)

Her first night was "painful". I had the hotel room close by but stayed till 12:30am when they sent me out. Terri called me at 2am, 4am, and 5am. She was not happy. Visiting hours did not resume till 10am but I got back to the hospital before 6am and they let me in.

Today her pain is under control. (she stood up today) I am so glad because the hotels were booked for Saturday night in NYC and I could not have been close like last night. I am confident she will post sometime tommorrow (Sunday)

Bchbound
 
You are so wonderful for keeping us updated! Tell her we're thinking of her and hope she's doing well.
 
Terri, hon....I'm so sorry you had a rough first night. But I'm so thankful your prince of a husband was right by your side. I know that was a comfort to you both. I hope things are looking much better to you now. It's sort of like childbirth...once you get a little distance on the actual event, you kind of forget the pain.

Good news that you were up and walking! So proud of you! This surgery is never easy, but you are doing very, very well!!!
 
Just wanted to say 'hi' Terri. I hope you have a better day today...I know you will! Take care and thanks to your hubbie for the updates.

Helen
 
Terri,
So glad to hear your pain is under control - you've got half the battle won now!!!! You'll be home soon, and believe me, that makes a difference.
Thanks to your hubby for keeping us up to date (mine can't set the alarm clock to ring in AM instead of PM - don't laugh, I took pictures of the new clock and wrote the directions out on that page, with arrows and everything. Sad part was, I still got a call about how to do it!!!:sct: ) Gotta love him, but keep him away from all my electronic gadgets!
Take care, wishing you both smooth sailing!
 
Hope Terri is much more comfortable now, Bless you, you sound like a gem of a hubby, my hubby has been fantastic through my recovery (he is generally a spoilt brat) but has been amazing and can not do enough for me, believe me you need all the support you can get.
Tell Teri we are all here rooting for her and hope to hear from her soon. XXX
 
Hey Terri he is such a keeper.........thanks for keeping us updated..........Terri so sorry you had so much pain. glad its under control.........Take it easy we are all pullin for ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............)
 
Terri...
So sorry you had a rough first night, but sounds like you are on the way back now. It should all be uphill from here and finally you will be painfree. Hang in there and keep fighting! You are so lucky to have such a great guy for a hubby watching out for you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
 
Thank you for the updates! Hope the pain level is still under control. Thinking about you and hope you get home soon!
 
Hi Bchbound, Thanks so much for the update, I,m sorry about the pain Med.
situation. That's horrible! (Why are there so many of us with pain managment
Issues, somethings wrong with that??) Im glad she is much more comfortable
and I hope She's feeling even better today. Best Wihes,
 
Well, jeez, seems Terri wasn't able to avoid the pain management problems so many of us had. I am so sorry.
However, it seems that she is on the bumpy road to recovery, and will be scooting along just fine soon.

Take care of you Terri, we love you and can't wait to hear all of the gory details from you as soon as you are able.

Kimberly
 
Terri, I am so glad your pain is under control now. I don't know why so many of us have such problems in pain management. Glad you got up . You are lucky to have such a great hubby looking after you
judy
 
We have a saying in the 'trade' - if it's going to happen, it'll happen to a nurse (or a doctor)!

Poor Terri, babe. Don't know what to say - it's a real bummer.
 
Hang in there Terri! I promise you...IT WILL GET BETTER!!! YOU HAVE MY WORD ON THAT!!! Can't wait to hear from you! You have such a wonderful husband! It was so nice of him to keep us posted!!! Give him a big hug from all of us!!
 
It's just past midnight and I just walked in the door to the house. Took 2 1/2 hours due to track construction on the train line. (not that I'm complaining, sure beats driving into Manhattan and finding parking.)

Today went pretty good. Less pain, more motion, and no more bed pans. The toilet is a short jaunt with the walker.

When I got home I called Terri and she told me she had signed onto the laptop and began a post here then fell asleep. When she woke up she finished the post but when she tried to send it she had been timed out from her connection and the post was lost...she then fell asleep again. Maybe you will all hear from her tommorrow.

gotta go, have to be up in 6 hours to catch a train back into NYC.

P.S. We had awesome take out from a dumpling house tonight. Shrimp dumplings in soup. Sounds simple but it was awesome. Not sure how to top that meal tommorrow. Hospital food is just not cutting it.
 
Thanks for the update, mind you, Terri will never walk with dumplings weighing her down, lol. Tell her to keep her spirits up, we are all waiting to hear from her. XX
 
Hi Bcbound, Thanks again for the update! Sounds like Terri is getting better
every day! Hospital food Is a great motivator to go home!!!! LOL!! I wish you guy's
the best, take care
 
Wow, Terri! Just trying to get back to normal (ha! Whatever THAT is!). Just want you to know that I've been thinking positive thoughts for you and am so sorry you had such a rough start after your tkr! But with your sense of humor and your marvelous hubby, you will be jumpstarting your recovery! Loved to hear about the dumplings! We certainly are lucky to get any delicious food at any hour in NYC, so I hope when you get your appetite back, you can enjoy some of the cuisine! Look forward to hearing about your progress! Remember.....every day WILL get better!!! Take care, Girl!!! ((:0)
 
Howdy dumplin, how are you doing? I am glad to hear that you were comfortable enough to sleep instead of type. That is marvelous. Your hubby is so nice to keep us updated, and I am glad you have him.

Take care, and let us hear from you when you are able.

Sincerely, Kimberly
 
Such a precious story about typing and falling asleep! It made me smile. Terri, your hubby is doing such a fantastic job...no need for you to post until you're absolutely ready. Right now the sleep is MUCH more important!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom