Guest viewing is limited

TKR Teri59 Pearl is her name.

Thank you, I looked up and found a few ideas on the web, very similar to what you are doing. You newbie does look great!
 
You're doing great! And your knee looks great too! I also had glue. I really liked that I never had to have anything removed (except 2 inside stitch knots that didn't dissolve and came out on their own). The glue eventually peeled away like skin. Good luck on your return to work. Yep, lots of elevating on that desk with ice and getting up every hour or so... Hopefully your mind is ready to think. :)
 
Thank you @jaschembra! I was very happy to find out I didn't have to have staples removed. I am ready to return to work. I have run myself crazy here at home. I have worked out a few ways to elevate and walk and ice at work.
There is always room to change it up if needed. I have my 6 week check up with OS on Nov 1. Fingers crossed that I am done with that part of things for a while as well.
 
Hello there Teri59! as with all of the threads here on BoneSmart, your's is worth it's weight in gold in information. I especially liked the post on 'massage' as I have felt that some gentle massage is going to help my recovery alot! So thank you. I'm excited to continue to watch your recovery. Blessings...
 
Hello @funkymuse :wave:. You are very welcome. I am glad it helps. Please remember not to put anything on your knee until your Doctor says it is ok. Usually about 4 weeks on the incision. Then only cocoa butter for the incision. Around that area can be a good lotion. Some lotions have chemicals in them. That can cause problems for incision healing.
 
Well time for another update. It has been a great week. It is good to be back at work. Work family has expressed there happiness that I am back. Pearl is adjusting well. She likes to try and swell just a bit in the afternoons. I prop her up under my desk.
I went for my 6 week check up this week also. OS said I was doing great, said I am just where I needed to be. Gave me a slip for continued PT. :heehee: He must not have read the nursing notes. His nurse ask if I was still doing PT. I told her no. I went back to work. OS said anywhere I wanted to go. I will continue the Teri59 plan of PT. I am doing very well with it. Also easier on the wallet. :snork: I go back in another 6 weeks. I am hoping that is all from there. Kinda tired of the push em thru thing I am starting to see with some of it.
Got out and walked a few blocks around here close to work. It was wonderful to walk and not hurt, or limp. To be able to stand up straight and walk with no limp and not have to worry about my gate is awesome. I do still at times.
I am very pleased with Pearl. She does like to walk and show off. I let her too. I do my exercises of the morning. Big R (hubby) came thru and looked, said you are in the floor everyday working out and I have trouble just putting me together for work. Told me he thought I was doing great. That was a great boost in the confidence department.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!
 
Love your report! Fantastic!!!! Gives me hope for the upcoming return to work and healthy days ahead!
 
You're doing very well, @Teri59 and Pearl is a star! :yes!: :happydance: :yay:

I'm glad your visit to the surgeon went well.

You're back at work earlier than we usually recommend, so continue to be careful not to over-stress Pearl. She deserves a long session of elevating and icing at the end of each work day.
 
Yes indeed @Celle. Pearl gets pampered in the evenings at home. Makes for a good end of the day routine. I settle in on the love seat recliner prop her up and watch a little TV with Big R. That is a win, win. She also gets a good rub down with my favorite lotion.
 
Hello Bonesmarties one and all! Happy Holidays to everyone. Been a while since I have posted. Time for an update.

I am doing well, working 5 days a week. Desk job for the most part so not at all hard to do. I have been exercising 5 days a week. I have been able to get back to walking 2 miles at a time a few times before cold weather set in.
I am a little stiff on some mornings so a do a little stretch here and there. That seems to help. I had my 3 month check up. It went well. I was told to stop PT if I was doing it. I had to laugh because I don't do PT. I haven't for some time now. My numbers are good. They are 0 and 120. I don't go back for another 3 months. My scar is looking better. Still red though. They said that would be a while for it to turn. Still have a little numb area too. Does not swell as much as it did at first. Still some in the evenings when I get home from work mostly

I did Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I did the cooking and had 12 people for dinner. Was totally worn out when I was done. But totally worth it too. I now do not have to do Christmas dinner. I can go set and enjoy others cooking.

I am still taking things one day at a time. If I try to get to far ahead the current day will remind me where I am.
I hope everyone is ready for a blessed Christmas.
 
Merry Christmas to you, sounds like you are doing wonderful, so happy for you.:reindeerlights:
 
Awwww, wonderful news. I am going into week 6 and certainly take one day at a time. Walking two miles is impressive. Wishing you a very merry Christmas.:tree:
 
Thanks everyone! Yes it is a very Merry Christmas so far. I have better health. I can do more and go more. I consider myself very blessed.
I can truthfully say, time does wonders. The body is an amazing thing and can do so much. Everyone is different and heals at a different pace. When you learn to listen to your body you will find that you are in tune and can start to heal and do amazing things as you go. :candle::walking:
 
Wonderful to hear how well you’re doing! :santaclap: Your knee is in a happy zone right now, still healing but enabling you to do so many things you’d been missing. The walking, and having a better experience at work, and cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Our bodies are amazing, and when we pay attention we can have a faster, less painful recovery. Like you! :tree:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom