THR teenager hip replacement after SUFE

When the world around us is a bit crazy it's so wonderful to hear good news. Well done @jasminesmom ! Please do keep us updated and stay with us through her recovery. Both of you are part of an international family now!
 
Have been keeping up with Jasmines story & am so glad that you finally have some good news.
Thank goodness for BoneSmart and Josephine!!!
Jasmine sounds like a plucky young lady and hope this will mean she can get on with living her young life to the full.... She's a lucky girl to have such a lovely, caring mum. Wishing you all the very best..
Can't wait to hear about her recovery....... Chrissie x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
So glad it's finally "decided"... having a proper date will make this last part of the waiting easier, no more "when Jamine has reached a certain stage" it's now only 44 days. Make sure you keep us posted, stay with BoneSmart for Jasmine's recovery; it IS a big op and recovery but having so many people who've "been there" available around the clock is a great source of info and support... I have found it invaluable as I'm sure have many others.

Best of luck for Feb 27:happydance:
 
Thank you all so much for all of your kind words, it's been a very long journey for us all.
I was so desperately worried about Jasmine when I found this site, full mother panic mode! the advice and guidance provided by Josephine that has led us to this point has truly been amazing.. I initially felt relieved to write down everything that had happened to her and the impact it was having on her everyday life.

Since visiting Mr Wilson my daughters spirits have been lifted, call it hope, call it a placebo, call it relief, but Jasmine has felt better, laughs more and is happier than we have seen her in a long time. She's unfazed by the prospect of another major operation and has asked for a new skateboard (protective parental sigh) for a recovery present.

Her problem has made us closer as mother and daughter, all the tears, pain, hospital and Physio appointments etc.. I would like nothing more than to be redundant for a while, to have a normal teenager who slams the bedroom door, plays loud music and grumpily ignores her parents.
A big thank you to everyone on here and I hope others get as much comfort from this site as I have.

[Bonesmart.org] teenager hip replacement after SUFE


I will certainly keep updating her progress on here and remain on here for the foreseeable future.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
What a beautiful & brave young lady ....!! You two could be sisters.

So glad she is feeling better......x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jasminesmom, what a story! I couldn't stop reading! Can't wait to see her post-op thread. Good luck to her and your family. I know she's going to do great!
 
I love your photo. You two beautiful ladies share the same glowing smile!!! It does sound like things are in a positive mode now. I can't wait to hear more.
 
Oh god, not long now.. Jaz said she can't wait, isn't scared at all. I'm petrified.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad Mom will be doing all the worrying, Jaz can concentrate on healing.
 
She'll be fine! She is in good hands. You just keep hanging out here. We will help you both through all this.
 
I'm trying desperately to hide it


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks guys
I wish it were me going through this and not one of my babies


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ah that is the wish of all Mums @jasminesmom :) I'm nearly 56 and MY Mum said the same... and now my sister is having a THR in April Mum's wracked with guilt... as if she "gave" us OA on purpose!!

I know the feeling though, our son had a serious accident in 2013 and I dealt with it, because you HAVE to, but shed many a tear in private. Luckily his twins were only ten weeks old when it happened and needed a lot of attention (as did his poor wife!) so they were a major distraction! You might find that Jasmine is genuinely NOT concerned, my son Matt has told me that even though he was going through it, he knew what was happening to him and that he had to get on with it... he didn't have the luxury of dwelling on it as much as us. He had his Great Toe and the next one amputated (after four weeks in hospital waiting for nature to decide what to do with them! his foot was crushed) as soon as that happened we were all galvanized into recovery mode... you'll find it's the same with Jasmine; once it's "done" you can ALL get on with it... and of course Jasmine's situation will be so much improved.

When you've lived with the pain and limitations that she has you see joint replacement in terms of outcome not the surgery itself... which is only a few hours anyway, and being young and healthy her recovery will be quick I'm sure. Wishing you all the very best

Donna :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Donna. Sounds like you've been through some tough times too and hopefully have come out the other side.
There's always a silver lining and something positive to every problem. Jasmines hip problems has had a huge impact on our family but through all of it we have all become a lot closer. Sam our 12 year old son has missed out on activity things we used to do as a family. He's shown great understanding and empathy for his older sister which im grateful for and given him praise for his kindness.

Jaz is very interested in media, filming and editing. She hopes to go to university to study media. Ive encouraged her to document her problem/ hospital and recovery. Ive struggled to find posts with kids her age going through similar. Hopefully by documenting it she will be able to help others her age in the future. It's easy to say 'think positive', but if you can, it truly helps.
10 days and counting!
 
Wishing Jasmine all the very best....with such a positive attitude & your lovely caring family she is in safe hands.
I'm sure she is just looking forward to some pain free life.....it's hard enough for 'us oldies' to accept. Hang on in there Mum....she'll be fine. Do keep us updated as to how she gets on......Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
We're here. Jaz is settled and booked in. Waiting to see the aneathetist this morning to make sure their happy to go ahead (she has the tail end of a cold)
She's very positive about her surgery.
Thanks again to Josephine, without you we wouldn't be here. Xxxxxx
Not sure how I jump to post op forum in a few hours
My nerves are just about holding out
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom