Knee Infection* Tattoos

Awesome news Matt, take it easy on the leg lifts, let it heal!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Wow, bet that was a relief! Most of the time when I am stressing something, I really "appreciate "how much it was bugging me when the stress is relieved. Wishing you the time and space to relax and heal, Matt.
 
Quick update. Please don't judge or criticize.

Heard from my PA today. All cultures came back officially negative for serious bacteria. Anything in there will be completely killed off by keflex. I know that this is old news, but it is official now.

So, on Tuesday I drove from Seattle to Iowa. It was about a 30 hour trip approved by my OS. I stopped every hour and a half to stretch (had the dog too). The reason for the trip is that we are moving to the great state of Iowa. I am already linked up with an OS out here. I know it wasn't ideal to drive 1,700 miles only 4 days after surgery, but we had to look for houses.

We had our offer accepted today on a house in a really small town. This is a huge thing for us because we are selling our house in Seattle for a big profit. We are going to use the proceeds to pay down all of our student loans and cars.

Funny enough, my knee replacement, subsequent injury and surgery, and doing our wills actually prompted this move. I figured a fresh start with my knee deserved a fresh start on everything else too. Besides, there are a hell of a lot fewer hills out here!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
congratulations on having your offer accepted on a new (for you) house in a small town. great news about the negative cultures. wishing you all the best with a fresh start.:flwrysmile:
 
Congratulations on the drive, the house offer acceptance, and the news that you knee is free of any serious infection.

It sounds like a new start all round. :yes!: :happydance: :friends: :yay: :flwrysmile:
 
It sounds like everything is falling into place for you. Even your new knee! This is some wonderful news!
 
Welcome to Iowa! Will you be cheering for the Iowa Hawkeyes now? I hope you and your family have a great time here! I moved back to Iowa about 20 years ago and I'm so glad I did. I met the love of my life when i did.

I am glad your knee survived the trip and that you have already found a new OS.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Nah. My in laws are Cyclone people. I weren't to the University of Alabama and The University of Washington. I am pretty firmly dug in on those two.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm the same way with the Hawks. I lived in Michigan for many years and still stayed loyal to the Hawks. Enjoy your new knee and new life in Iowa!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congrats Matt! Glad to hear that the long drive went ok. Best wishes for continued good recovery - here's to a great fresh start :cheers:
 
10 days post op from the clean out

upload_2017-7-17_21-42-39.png
 
I am impressed with how well you are doing, congratulations on the upcoming move.
 
It's good to read how good you are doing, especially after all you have been through! You are an inspiration!
 
How are you feeling after all the travel?


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Feeling better. Getting my staples out tomorrow. We just accepted an offer on our home near Seattle. Time to get moving now! We are hiring some family that have fully functioning knees (no shooting of blood or synovial fluid)!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you're hiring someone and not trying to do it yourselves.
 
So many new things in your life!
Glad to read your knee is recovering well.
 
Such great news to read you're doing well, and have sold your house! Onward. Your positive outlook is infectious, for sure. Do stick with that plan to have able-kneed helpers!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom