THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

How fortunate I'm sure you feel to have had Tashia for so long. My first female golden lived to be 14 1/2 (she died four years ago and I still miss her). I'm sure we'll see our fur babies again.

I will be headed for TKR after my right hip. I've heard that recovering from Knees is worse than hips. Did you find this to be true? Hope you have a happy day!
 
Hi Tashia, thanks for asking- at almost 4 months I am doing ok. Back at work 3 days a week. I have had some persistent pain on the outside of calf on op leg. Day and night- nothing would shift it. But yesterday did no walking at all hardly and it seems to have gone.. for now...I have a private physio appt on friday so hopefully can find out what I might be doing to cause the pain and how I could resolve it.
Hope you and the kids have a good day
Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
I hope that your visit goes well, miaow27. I also need to see the doctor tomorrow. I need to get a adjustment on pain control. This is my last recover. It is going well but I have had some bumps. Remember go slow. The kids didn't get a nap today so they are very tired and acting up. Hopefully they will sleep well. You know kids? Take care
 
Today I am tired of having to work out a new schudule for medication. I sure hope it works. The kids want to work also. They are tired of the change also. This seems like its gone on forever, I know it hasn't but it seems it. This think next Fall I will be able to go to sew camp. I HOPE. I now need to look forward instead of were I have been. Looking foward to next year. Yes, Yes, Yes
 
Tonight I took a fall. Not sure what happened but it was sure scary. Did call 911 because I didn't want to hurt any of the kids trying to get up. Thank goodness I am just tender and not hurt. I know this is my last recovery but I am finding this one is the most diffucult one. I am over two months and know that in the next couple of months will be much over. I am finding that I have been focing so much on getting well that I have lost sight on what to do next. I had to let go of all the dreams I had in order to deal with the ordeal. Now I find the borden has really entered my life and its had to think about the furture. When I started this journey I had lots of pain and fear and now I find the pain is almost gone but do still have some. I am starting to think that the next months are going to be the most diffucult to try to get my life back and to rid of all the pills that I have been taking. I am still having my caregiver coming and will miss the friendship that will be lost when he stop coming. I find that the friends that I had at the begining of this jounery have moved on to doing their own thing. I do understand them wanting to do things and going places but I was taught that helping your friends when they are having trouble to stand by and help. I guess this is untrue with the ones I had. In life, paths come and go and life does go on. Well I see my life is right now a little lonely and yet so happy with all the results of the surgies. I am so lucky that all of them have been sucesful. I am finding that getting out in the world is a little overwhelming. I did go to the senior center and met some people that were painting. I also saw their cermic room. Both of these hobbies have lot of things to carry to class so I will have to be so careful when I join them. all the kids enjoyed the outing and I now are trying to deal with the fall that they had. Winter got very :tantrum:, and all the other came to his aid. The other three had fallen before they tried to tell him it was ok. I didn't get much sleep the night before so I wonder if that had something to do with it. My stomach is really unhappy so I don't know whats that all about. I feel :shrug:what is next in my life. I know I will be ok but most finished with this recover first. Everyone do take care and remember to go slow and don't rush it, its not worth it. Tashia and the kids.
 
Such a hard recovery and you have had four!! What a journey @Tasha! You have lots of us who care and are so glad you come and share! Sorry to read about your fall. Rest up this weekend and please take care! Think about a dog or kitty that will come to live with you soon! (((Hugs)))
 
What I find interesting is I fell when I did the other hip also. Thank God, nothing happend to them. It is more frighting then I feel so stupid when I come home from the ER with no shoes with it raining. What a way to end the night. I agree a pet is needed but also for me to get out more and drive more. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Everyone do take care and remember to go slow and don't rush it, its not worth it.
Sad to hear about the fall, it is a scary experience, be sure to rest up and let those bruises heal.
 
So sorry to hear about your fall Tashia...you did the right thing going to the ER....hope you are feeling better now. You are so right.....you sure find out who your true friends are at times like this...sometimes it's quite a disappointment ....however, you are a true friend to everyone on Bonesmart...hoping you feel the love back from us all on here and sharing your journey.....it will get better........such a roller coaster ! Thinking of you and hoping all goes well from now on.....love Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks, Hoppy Nanny and Punkin, I am just a little sore and that is all. I was really lucky. It just reminds me to slow down and move slower. I also am getting over a drug reaction and I feel that had something to do with it. I humbles a person. all the kids are ok. They just got scared and :cry: a little. They did :sleeep:, :chillpill:, :ice::console2:so they are ok. I still have more to go and that is :umm:. But the finish line is in site. Everyone do take care and remember to go slow, :chillpill:,:ice::alarm:, :sleeep::elevate:, and love your :dogsniff: or :meow: if you have one. Take care.
 
Tashia, I am so sorry you had a fall. Yes you did the right thing to go to the ER. Glad you're ok. The thought of you coming home on your own with no shoes makes me sad. Hope it wasn't too far.
You will get better than this- you know that. And I'm certain that with your lovely personality and interests you are going to meet new friends soon, maybe at an Art class? You will love it. And people will help with getting stuff there; this is a minor challenge.
For now take care ot yourself and rest up. Watch some films you love. The kids can watch too or just sit with you. It won't be long and you will feel better. So sorry you fell. Hugs, Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
The fall was not hard so that is so good. Walking in the rain is something I haven't done for some time. I should of taken off my socks so I could be a kid playing in the rain. I sure hope to meet more people in the classes. The good news is the place isn't too far from where I live. I am also close to a college where I hope to return this Fall. They surpose to have a very good cermic class, so we will see. In the mintime I will work on my recover which is going very well if I don't count my borden. I hope that you are doing well. Take care. Tashia and the Kids.
 
Sorry to hear about you taking a fall, @tashia
You please be careful, and rest up.....
Look forward to those upcoming classes and making some new buddies.
 
Today has been a pretty day and a quiet one. I did get out and go for a drive and get a ice cream cone. All the kids wanted was Root Beer Floats but sometimes you don't get what you want. The wind was really blowing so staying in the car was a good idea. All the kids wanted to go shopping for Mother Day but I told them it would be better if we stayed out of the wind and the wild weather that we seem to be haven. So tomorrow they want to take their Mom out for one. I just looked at the clock and saw I was late in taking my pain medication so I better stop and do that. So far its working out real well. Take care. Tashia and Kids.
 
Glad you had a good day Tashia and you're not in too much pain. I love ice cream! I am on my way to visit my Dad. It is a train ride and a bit of a walk. Last time I ended up doing too much so today might take a cab...


Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
miaow27, I hope you didn't overdue it walking. I think I set myself Tuesday by doing a long walk and thats why I fell. We have to be careful. Well the heat is surpose to be moving in this week so I will be taking a easy. I don't like 100 degree weather. Thank goodness its only for one day and then a nice cool down. Take care.
 
Now that the heat is moving in I will have a very lazy day. I think I did a Great turn around today. Had very little pain and therefore needed very little pain medication. Oh, That is so great. Finally getting there. Also got new tires for the car so its ready to go for a trip. Its so nice to get into a car and not hurt getting in and driving. Now I still have to be careful because I could overdue it and make the recover longer. I do find that I get tired easy with this heat. Everyone remember with the heat remember to drink lots of water and rest. Take care.
 
Today was a warm day and a trip to a sewing store which I haven't been to for some time. Then a very long nap which was great but the knees were stiff when waking. Last night I was able to sleep on the left side which has a new hip. I rolled over to see just what it would feel like and the next thing I knew I was waking up from the night sleep. I did't wake up once. I SLEEP THRU THE WHOLE NIGHT ON MY OPERATED SIDE.!!!!!! :wowspring::yes!::wow::yahoo: Isn't that great. Its been a long time and to think that I will be able to sleep there soon is so exciting. I realize that the pain is getting less and my knees are getting better but much slower. At times I get tired of waiting for the time but I know its going to come. With the heat moving in I must get ready for the heat which means that I will try to start finding sewing groups at night. I still haven't started sewing yet but sure enjoy going thru the fabric and getting ideas for quilts. I am also looking at classes like painting, cermeic and sewing. I have found that my self confience has been shattered by all this time recovering and having problems to rejoin groups which I thought I had friends but now they are just people I know. I wish we could find a way to meet all the people here. But I know that we are all around the world and that makes it impossible. But we can come here and see what we all have been doing. Take care and please stay safe and make sure you take care of those new joints. Tashia
 
Feeling not the best today. Maybe I have over done it or the medication isn't working as well. My blood pressure is up so I need to keep a eye on it. I did get out today and went for ride. The days that I'm not around people are ruff for me. I think that fall did a lot of trouble not physical but confindence wise. This has been so long and so tuff. The one step forward and the two steps backwards sometimes gets me down. I get so bored at times. I am at a stage that I need to be physical active for my sewing but find that I need to be sitting because of being dizzy. My dizzy spell have been increasing a little each day. Then I good for a couple of days. I do hace asma and it could be the winds. 'what I really want is my life back with a dog and doing things with people . I miss the laughing and joking. I didn't go to sewing because my shoulder hurt so bad all I did was take a pain pill and go to bed. It is better today. I guess I need to make a appointments so I can have a shot in the shoulder for pain. Sometimes I find getting old is much ruffer than I thought it would be. Having said that I am so glad when I was younger that I didn't know what was coming. I think knowing in some ways would be so boring and in other wise so scarrier. Last night I was working on my sewing and putting patterns together and tried to not get them lost. Before I knew it I has lost a book that goes with one. You know, put it were its safe so you wouldn't lost it. Well I guess it safe but its still lost. The more upset I get and try to find it, the more it stays hidden. This week I need to get a hold of my doctor to order some PT so if I fall again, I can get myslef back up without the fear of hurting myself. I find now I have such a fear of falling I find myself sometime not going out. I must get over this. The weather is so nice it's a shame being inside. When this week is over I will be one week closer to recovery. Everyone keep on working for that day you know that can return to something that you had to leave behind because of the joints were getting too painful. Enjoy, and know its going to get even better. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom