THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Hi, @tashia ... I wanted to check out your thread and see how you are doing. Your roller coaster ride has been so long and you have so many recoveries to track. And you're right that it's all interconnected and hard to separate what is hurting and why. I relate to what you said about loving pain free moments so much (I RELISH them), you don't want to jeopardize that by overdoing. I think you're one brave, lovely lady. Thank you for your words of cheer to me and others during our journeys. I am sending best wishes for a low pain day. Take care.
 
Peaches, Thank you so much. I do love the pain free moments and low pain day. My jouney does seem very long but the good news is all joints are done so I am on the final lane path. I hope to see all my friends when I get there and tell them Thank you for all the support. Take care. Tashia
 
hi @tashia . just checking in. it sure has been a long, hard road. but you do persevere. (no other real options, but still). glad you're starting to get out and be around people. falling is so scary, but it sounds like you came thru it ok. I guess slow and steady applies now too. keep well.
 
Thanks dickinson, Yes the road is so slow but still going. There are days that I feel so close then the road seems to move. But we all travel on. Take care. Tashia
 
Yesterday was a day of being sore. We are having some rain and its getting to the joints. The knees mostly. I am so tired of my recover. I feel like I need to add something to break the bordom. There are sometimes I feel like starting my exercises all over to make sure i didn't miss anything. I guess it couldn't hurt anything espically with the knees. Everyone take care and remember to go slow and take care. Tashia
 
Doing better than last week. I find that weekend are very hard on me. I don't have people for two days and its ruff. I haven't figure out why I can't have good days without people. I think a lot of it, is I am just so tired of the long trip. I want to do some thing but still afraid to do anything that could cost me my recovery. I am now three months. Today is my birthday and wow is it great. Things that improved.
I am without bone bone pain :wow:
Take so much less in medication. Like :wowspring::chillpill:
Eating food and keeping it down:wave:
I can get in and out of bed whenever I want by myself:tada:
I can walk by myself:roseshwr:
I can walk for over 15 minutes without hurting:yes!::yes!:
My knees don't wake me up much. :wowspring:
I can drive. :driver::walking:
I can bend my knees over 120 :dancy:
I can sleep on the left hip. :wowspring: all night.
Problems. Still get tired.:sad:
Getting more involved with people :friends:
can't do floors yet:nah:Each day is better.:flwrysmile:
have to pace myself:hairpulling:
Can't do long rides yet :tantrum: Next month will even be better.:yes:
 
Happy Birthday, my friend Tashia!!!! I smiled BIG when I read all that you are now able to do. I always love your positive outlook on life. And I know things are only going to get better and better for you. Sending big Birthday Hugs!!!!!
 
Happy birthday, Tashia! So sorry to hear about your fall. That would have scared me to death. I'm glad you are doing better, though. I know what you mean about "friends" who kind of fell by the wayside during the journey to recovery, and I also understand how hard it is to jump back into things you were doing before. I've also lately been having some of what I call "what am I going to do when I grow up?" feelings, which sound a lot like what you are experiencing.

I am doing well, hips are fine, but I have arthritis in other joints and the cool rainy weather we've been having here hasn't helped much, so I'm sort of achy right now. My sister had her hip replaced 10 days ago and she is staying with me for a few days till she feels ready to go back to her house. She lives alone, like I do. She is doing very well.

I fear I am going to lose my Emily (big female lab, about 12 years old) before too long. She has been diagnosed with kidney disease and seems to be going downhill, despite my vet's best efforts. I am very sad about it.

Maybe you'd perk up a little if you went looking for that doggie! You can search for adoptable dogs online, you know. That's how I found both Harold and Emily. I think you'd do great with an adult dog, around 3 or 4 or even older, who was settled and not rambunctious. You can find doggies who have been in foster care, so you know exactly what to expect about their temperament and behavior. There are so many doggies looking for homes, many of them have been house doggies who lost their homes due to the financial crunch and their families losing a home or not being able to afford to care for them any more. I'm sure you can find the perfect companion for you. There's nothing like a wagging tail and a big doggie kiss to lift your mood!

Love to you, and again, happy birthday, even if a little late!

Milli
 
Milli, You are so right about what do I do now? I think after something like this its hard to return to what you did before because before the getting the new joints we were pulling back and not doing much. I often wonder why people left. I believe some of it is its scary to see people not able to do things that they use to do. However I don't condone leaving friends because they no longer can do what you can do. We all get older and slowing down at times is in our life. Then getting back up and taking out again. Friends that stay and help are so special and are the ones we all want. We don't want to be pitty, but going out for coffee or movie is sure a wonderful break in routine. The best gift of all is a phone call just saying "Hi" How are you? Giving a moment of time with no strings attached. Thats a Friend. I also know that I have chanced. As I get better I like to go and see what I haven't seen before. I treasure my wondering around and seeing things I have never seen before. I am waiting for the day that I add a four legged friend so I can have one to walk with me at most of the times. When you lose a four legged friend, you really do lose a friend because at no time did they every tell you no or you should do this instead. Its such a big loss. I still miss my Tashia but I know that the time we had was wonderful and I wouldn't of know what to do without her. I am so sorry that your friend isn't doing well. I pray that she doesn't suffer. Life is consent change. I do believe tho that the friend here are more honest, caring and the last thing they want to do is hurt you. They can be honest but polite. Also I found that I have meet people from all around the world. Its so great to see that so many of us have in common and seek friendships out of our area. Therefore we want to enlarge our world of friends. I think this so great. If I hadn't had this joint problem I wouldn't of come here and meet all these wonderful people. So something wonderful does come out of all of this. We get new joints and new friends and more knowledge of how people live in different places of the world. :wowspring:isn't this wonderful. Isn't sad the our friends left so they would never have a chance of meeting the new friends we meet here? Well that is how it works so do be carefull my new friends and enjoy the friendship we now have. I hope that you can understand all that I wrote. Writting from my heart is harder to express than just saying HI. Take care. Tashia :roseshwr:
 
Jamie, Thank you for coming for a visit. I always look forward to having them. I know we can't sit down and have a cup of tea but we can share a moment of time. Take care . Tashia
 
Happy three month anniversary Tashia! And congratulations. It is good to list all you can do and what a long list it is!
Yes we are lucky to be meeting people here from all over the world who we can talk to.
I think Butterfly is right about looking for a rescue dog online. A fostered one sounds great cos you would be told a lot about them. Your new friend is out there!
Have a good and happy day my friend :)
Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
When the time is right for the dog, she will be there. I have to meet the dog before I know it will work out. However saying that I have never meet a dog I didn't like. I speak as if its a female but a male is great too. I just need to be a little more physically able. God will tell me when. I will be more settled in the apartment. I plan to take a trip this summer and try my wings. So far they can't go far without getting tired but the time will come. This weekend is very special for me and so next year I will again watch my war movies but I will make quilts for the Arm Forces. God Bless America! Everyone take care and do stay safe. Tashia
 
Take me, take me...
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
 
Hey @tashia, hope you're having a good day with sunshine I hope ( there is none here, just rain :-( )
Gill


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@tashia !!!!!!! I see you have all four new joints now. I haven't been stopping by at all till last week, and can't spend alot of time here even now, but it's so good to see your post. I hope your recovery is going well and smoothly, and that your anticipated trip will be the best ever! Many hugs :) :)
 
@zauberflote, Thank you for coming by. I am doing very good. All the joints are now trying to work together and sometimes its great and sometime its not the best. But that is recover. I have them all now and in a couple of months I will be spending more time out there instead here. It will be so freeing. Don't be a stranger, drop by more often if just to say Hi. Tashia
 
Hello @tashia....just popped in to catch up and see that you have had some up and down times. I do so love reading your posts because you write from the heart. You are right, it is sad when you realise that some good friends desert you in times when you need them...it's hard to fathom out why. In the end I suppose we have to learn from this experience....I do think it makes us stronger. Hoping that you get your new doggy soon...my last dog was a rescue dog and she was just perfect. I'm looking after my daughters border collie called Abbie for 2 weeks and I know I will not want her to go home. She is beautiful and I'm sure she knows what I am thinking....I am able to walk her properly now and she loves our walks on the beach. I hope the weather is being kind to you.....we've had a perfect spring but the last week we have had rain. Take care Tashia ......love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom