THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

@Vetgirl, I am so sorry that you have to go thru all this but you will do great. You are finished with the drugs, right? When you get ready to get a new knee, my kids say that the new kid needs a cool name. Take care and remember to go slow and rest. Tashia and the Kids
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @tashia No im still on abx therapy and if all goes well with my bloods I will hopefully get a new hip mid to late May

thanks for asking xxx
 
@Vetgirl, I glad to hear that things are better. Before you know it it, it will be time to get ready. Take care. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia!
Hope you have a good day today.
We have some fine spring weather this week.
My two week OS visit is Thursday.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Today was a wonderful day. I got to clean out some paper work that needed to be done so my kids got to be bored. Because I took a easy my joints didn't hurt today much but the knees did swell. I know this is the not the knee section but I am finding its so hard to seperate what I do effect what part of the body. My hip is getting where I forget about it a couple of minutes every day. I wish that I healed this fast with my knees but I don't. I also know that they heal differely. The doctor told me that a couple of months more of swelling and sore but I have also come to the conclusion that for the rest of my life they will be tender. Now the hips do have lot of more time not hurting. It all has do with the way the body is made and the type of life I live. I am finding that I did a big change of attitude this weeks so again looking at life in a difference way. I also finding that spending time pain free is so wonderful that pushing it isn't worth it. I love to drive but I don't want to push it. I do push so easy so all of this has to do with me going slow. after doing 4 replacements the questions is Have I finally learned how to do it. so I don't suffer? The answer will come when I am over all the pain that is related to the surgrey and question like will all the pain every be gone? So many question I need answering and dealing with life on life terms will give me the answers. I do this I am about two months out and doing great as far as I am concered. Would like to be further but this is all I have got.

I can sleep the whole night mostly without pain.
I can go grocery shopping and not come home hurting.
take baths without using any help. WOW
can sit for over a hour and not hurt but knees are stiff.
Very seldom do I have pain higher than 5 when I am taking the medication right.
Do have moments that I am at 0 or just very low pain.
can clean house, washing and all that stuff
can go for a walk over 30 minutes. WOW
Make sure that a nap is in my day so the joints can take a easy and not swell or hurt.
Really need to build of lengh of time in doing this.
Mostly building of strenght and time for doing things is where I am at.
I am however still using my walker when I leave the house which is new for me. I usually get ride of the walker right away but not with this one. Using it cuts down the pain greatly.
So good to be alive in this time and place so I can get all the help I need to get my life back.

Need to work on confidence in doing things like driving and traveling. Get scared to do things like doing new things I use to do as without thinking without doing it. I just did it.
Glad to be Alive.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:wowspring:You are doing so much already, great to write it down or we forget the progress we have made.
Take it easy and use that walker as long as you want. :cheers:
 
You are truly amazing! Great to read your posts Tasha. You have a great outlook.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
@tashia . just stopped by and was so happy to hear things are starting to look up. just in time for spring. to your new pain-free life. :cheers:
 
The kids got to get a ride today. They had lots of fun. They did all want to drive so I had to put my foot down. hee hee,. It did feel good driving. I drove around for over a hour and didn't get real tired. I am going to try to drive a little longer tomorrow and further to build up and get back into the world. This was the first time the kids got to see what it was like going places with just Mom at the wheel. I still have to pace myself because I can overdue it so easy. My hip was swollen and a little tender so I am back to trying to pace myself. This is the hardest part of the recovery. I really never have been here before because I have no more surgies and this is the last one. It feels so great. Each day I realize how lucky I am to be lucky that I had a good doctor and a good recovery. I know its been long but that what happens when you need both knees and both hips. So glad to be alive and living in a time that I can get out of pain. I realized on of my battles is going to be to reconize conric pain and just how am I going to deal with it. I know I am still healing so this is easy but down the road I will have to see if I have pain that is not realated to all of this. I do believe that I will have stiff legs for the rest of my life but I don;t know how much until I get to that time in my life. I pray that everyone is ok and dealing with as little pain as possible. It is so draining. Remember every dayputs you one day closer to full recovery. Tashia and the kids.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
Tashia and the kids out for a ride!!! Absolutely fantastic!!!!! Just watch out for the overdoingit bug---don't let him bite you. Also, when is there going to be a dog in your life?

Take care, sweetie, we care.
 
Winter woke me up hurting. He wasn't sure what was wrong but he was hurting. He got hugs from everyone and went back to sleep. During the day he got lots of support and some more hugs. He also got to take a extra nap and is now much better. The storm we had last weekend was really bad and really messed up the muscles and tendins. The kids had trouble with sleeping but now are back to normal. The swelling is really going down. All of us got to get out of town for a while to see the snow. It was beautiful. Then food shopping then home. Just realized Summer is a little warm tonight and so is Spring. No doubt is not anything but just a little under the weather. Winter is tender around the hip. The flowers are just beautiful and doing so well. Winter found out that when you replant you get to play in the dirt so he can hardly wait to help. :loll: Tonight is quiet and not doing much with the kids. They are resting because of the day they had. :sneaker: Take care and have a good night. Tashia and the Kids.
 
Tonight my hip is doing better. I still have more problem with the knee. As they say everything is connected. Tomorrow I am going to a group that I use to go to. Will see how it goes. Trying to get out more often and trying to get more active. I am so afriaid that I will overdue it. But you have to try. Take care and raemember that every day is one day closer to recover.
 
Wise words Tashia. Enjoy your group tomorrow. It sounds like you're doing great balancing trying new things with rest and recovery.
I love how all your joints have names! :-)
Gill


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
miaow27, thank you for coming and visiting. I feel that I have been in recovery so long that I need to keep busy so I can make it. Naming them was a good idea because they have different personalitys and some times they don't get along just like kids do. Most of the time they are good kids. At night we have some problems because one wants a pillow and the other doesn't and don't like the side I choose to lay on. How are you doing? Take care. Tashia and the Kids
 
So nice to hear you counting your blessings in post 1947. I can't wait til I can do things pain-free- I 'be forgotten what that feels like. Thanks for the reminder to write down progress.

Who's that cutie in your avatar?
 
PuppyLove, that little cutie was a dog name Tashia, I got her from rescure group and she lived with me for over 10 years. When I got her she was already 5 and 1/2 years old. Soon I will be getting another dog when I am more along in recover. I love your name. I found that recover for me takes so long that I need to remember to pat myself on the back for what I have done. It helps to read it on days that I feel low or on days that seem nothing goes right. Take care and remember to go slow. Tashia
 
Each day puts you closer to recovery
Hope today is a happy day for you!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Back
Top Bottom