THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

@MajorHeidi and Hoppy Nanny, Thank you for coming to my sight. The weather has been great. Got to get out and go for a drive. I sure do miss a dog. MY naps are getting shorter so I guess that means I am getting stronger. I just wish this was all over this so I could come and go as I want. I hope everyone is well. With the heat in the East and the wonderful weather out here .
 
@Hoppy Nanny and @pumpkin, I hope the weather has gotten better. We had a beautiful day today with the wind. I hope to have a special day tomorrow. Need to get out of this place. I need to find someone to go to Chruch with so I won't have to worry about getting tired. Hope to have it in place Sunday. Right now its a lonely world. Take care. Tashia
 
Glad the weather is better Tashia....I'm so sorry you are feeling lonely and hope you manage to get help to go to church...that will make a difference and lift your spirits. It's a miserable day here weather wise , hoping the sun will come out soon. Thinking of you and sending hugs...love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Did go to out and went and had some play time. It was really good but I forgot that school field trips are now because school is is about out. The chrildren were everywhere and running. It was fun to see them playing. It was very warm also but summer is about here. My knees are sore but ok now. I think I will plan some trips this Fall if possible. Everyone remember to ice, rest, elevation and this is not a race. We will get there. Tashia
 
Had a very sleepy day. I couldn't believe it I sleep in till 11 this morning. It was the phone that woke me up so I don't know how much longer I would of sleep. I was able to go out tonight for a while and really felt good about it and got to see some folks I haven't seen for some time. It really felt sooo good. Take care and remember as each second goes by you are one second closer to recovery. Tashia
 
@tashia Lovely to hear you are feeling better! Now don't overdo things, it's so easy to fall into that trap. I don't get on here very often now because I am so busy, but I do have to be careful - having grandchildren for a couple of hours after school occasionally really tires me! Another one due in October!
Love and hugs to you from Anne
 
hi @tashia . glad you're getting out and about, especially being around people. it's important and good that you know how to make it happen. thanks for answering on my thread.
 
@Nannyannie, Thank you so much for dropping by. Its so good to hear from you. Taking care of Grand kids are a hand full but also great. You be carful too. @dickinson, It is good to get out and join the world again. I hope that everyone here will be able to get a life that was even better than before. Take care,
Tashia
 
Today I went and saw the councler and got some food. Then a Root Beer Float. :cheers: It didn't taste the best as I have had before but it was close. Then came home and had a good long nap. :sleep: Having very little pain so that is good. :wowspring: I think I am getting better. The pain that I am having isn't by far like the beginning. Now its been three months now and getting so much better..:loveshwr: Feel like I have been thru a war but now taking care of the wounds. :wink: I think I am going to make it. :yes!: Now to get to the finish line. :loveshwr: Take care and do remember this is a long jouney so don't hurry it and make it longer. Take care. tashia
 
Hi @tashia, just checking in with you. Hope you are progressing along? Hope you are doing well. Glad you got a ride to church. Have you gone back to sewing yet? We finally got rid of all that snow. Never thought it would melt. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr:
 
@chestnc, I am so glad all the snow melt. Nothing like seeing the lawn for the first time this year. We have been very hot in the 100. I don't like this hot but that is what you get for living here. We don't get any snow and that is a plus nor do we get below 0. That is nice. This last week my computer died. I now have it up but it needs major surgrey. Its batteries is really bad, I think that what they called it. I will have to brake down and get a new computer but not this week unless it dies. Since I have been off line I have been very busy with walking a lot and sleeping. I found that my TMJ had really gotten bad, I mean really bad. I now have a new mouth brace and it is working wonderfully and I also had some dental work. I had some teeth that needed work and the pain from them was worse than the hip. I am now doing things instead of hurting and being nerves and crying. It hurt so bad that I thought I was having a heart attack. They checked me out and all is great. I also think all this stuff finally got to me. These last five years have been so overwhelming to say the least. Now I find I don't need hardly any break thru pain medication. My hip is doing so great and so is my knee on that side. I was able to put my shoes on the old way by bending the hip and knee. I turly feel I am on the mend of getting off the medication and truly getting my life back. I do tire easy so I have to watch out for that. Went shopping today and did lots of walking and not feeling too bad tonight. I will take a easy tomorrow. I do need to drive so not needing the medication does help a lot. I truly think I am going to live thru this. Its been a ruff five years. I mean really ruff. I didn't know if I was going to have the success that I wanted. But now it looks like I am. I am now looking forward for driving a long time and doing all the stuff by myself. I will trully miss my caregiver. He is such a good person and wonderful friend. And not seeing him will be sad, in fact as I talk about it sadness comes to my heart. But life goes on and we walk on many roads and there you never know where you are going to go or do. This is one hill and road I will not miss as far as the surgreys and other stuff. But to come here and meet such good people and make lifetime friends I would of miss if I hadn't. The world is truly a click away. I would of not be able to do this by myself and all of you helping with all the surport. God Bless this Site. Everyone do be careful with Mother Nature doing her thing. Be carefull when she rains she can do lots of damage. Also remember to go slow. I know this is very hard but you have so much to look for so it is so worth it. Take care and remember you come first so take of your self. Tashia
 
Today I sleep in till one in the afternoon and didn't hurt too bad when I woke up. Only one break thur today. :wowspring: I mean only one pill. :yes!: That is so good. I did notice that I was very sleepy today after all that pain I had with my teeth. I hope that I it goes away quickly. I took my dose of strong medicane real late today and I didn't hurt much. I am a little nerves but that I think is normal after that stuff that happened the first of the week. My mouth still hurts, TMJ is really a pain and takes a long time to heal. It really got messed up. I need the mouth piece almost all the time to keep it happy. At least I can now eat without hurting so bad. Now to get serious and get my life back. I see the new Cancer doctor tomorrow and I am a little nerves. I am still cancer clean but I don't want any changes in the medication because its doing great. It is so good to be alive. For the first time in years I really think I can have a life without horrible pain. I almost don't know what to do. I still get tired easy so I have to look out for that. Now what do I do? I have been in pain for so long I have lost most of all I did. I want to sew and also travel. I can hardly wait. The fact that I only took one break thru medication I know I am getting better. Now to think about getting off all the medication. That will be very slow I know because I have been on it for a couple of years. Just to think of being on one medication bring tears to my eyes. I am able to sleep, dress, and now feel so free of all the pain that was a in my life. I went to chruch this weekend for the first time in years and was able to stay the whole time. Wow, I now feel that I have a life more than I have had for years. For those who are reading this please remember no matter what is brought your way, you can make it. At times you might feel you aren't but you are. All the hours of pain will turn to freedom from it. I got to drive today and celebrated it with some root beer and ice cream. Just to be able to drive is such a wonderful feeling. I pray that everyone has a success story but I know some will have more trouble than others. I don't think ists fair but that is how it is. God Bless Everyone and do remember to go slow. Take care. Tashia
 
Today was a good day. Last week I got a new computer and now is the process of learning it. Its so nice to be able to now type without all the trouble I was having. I did notice that this one spells better and knows how to type better. I had one class today and it went well. I did notice that I was very tired after the class or maybe it was after the ice cream. Now hopefully I will learn how to post pictures and move around the site better. Almost all pain free. Isn't life wonderful? Remember to go slow. Tashia
 
I got a very big surprise today. I noticed my knee was hurting and had to cancel my outing. This really confused me until i realized that I had forgotten to take my medication. :headbang: Was hurting bad enough to take a easy. Tonight I will get back on the schudule. This is exciting because this might mean I am getting closer to the end than I thought. I will have to call my doctor to see what he wants to do. Stay on the amont I am on or do I reduce one pill? That means I can drive more. I did take a little ride but not as long as I wanted. :tantrum: But there is always a tomorrow. Everyone take care and do be careful. Tashia
 
I had started to write down my times for medication so it won't happen again. I also am keeping on tack on some other things. I do think that i keep forgetting that I have been thru so much that I still need to be very kind to my body. I had some of the same problems when coming out of Cancer. I do remember the doctor telling me that after you have been very stressed and sick that the body gets confused and therefore needs to be treated gentle and lots of TLC. I know I have all so I am going to start keeping a journal an coments on how I am doing so I can get a pace that is safe and mentally challenged. Easy does it and remember these surgies are big ones and it takes lots of time to get well. Everyone take care and remember to love yourself. And you come first. Tashia
 
Great idea Tashia about writing things down....it helps to keep track of things...I get so easily distracted that I forget when I take tablets. You are so right....you need to look after yourself like you would to someone dear if they were sick....Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi, @Tasha ... wondering how you are doing in what I hope is your last "post-op recovery" as you have had so many to deal with. I am like you in that I had to write down when I took the pain pills. I get distracted easily. I still write down when I take over the counter stuff. I found that a journal for post-op pain and milestones was very helpful. I still do it. If I had had more than one surgery it would have been even more essential.
I hope things improve for you. Take care.
 
Had a very lazy day just resting. I did go to sewing and arranged a person to start taking me. I get so tired that I am concened about driving tired. Its not a good idea and is just as dangers as drving under the influence of drugs. I have been doing lot of thinking and trying to decide what I am going to do when I grow up. I have been having joint replacements over the last five years and now recovering from them all I have forget to remember what I wanted to do in retirment. I do know it wasn't spending my time reovering from all of these surgies. I remember my Grandmother saying have all the fun now because as you get older you will find that the things you can do now will be harder to do. When she was 80 she celebrated her birthday by buying a car and breaking it in by driving from Los Angles to Boston and back. Now that my type of woman. She loved driving as much as I do and no dought that is where I got my love for driving. I am back on schedule for medication and doing so much better. I am concerned about being on them for so long but I can't hurry things up by not taking them and hurting. I have a new computer and I love it. I noticed that I haven't been on the site much because of trying to learn how to use it. My poor old one now needs to be ritired and and find a home. I also have been outside more and running into people walking with thir dogs. I feel I am getting closer to getting one. But I hope to do some traveling and want to wait till winter comes so I can spend time on my sewing and playing with the new member of my family. I feel more like the old me every day. I am going thru my apartment again to start my new life without all that horible pain. Boy does that mess up your life. I also been spending more time with my flowers. I feel more and more alive every day. I did see my new Cancer doctor and she is really cool. I really like her. and the most important thing is I AM STILL CANCER FREE SINCE 2007. I know tht is yelling but its something to yell about. I also finding that my weight is going down to close to my old weight without doing anything. I did get a letter telling me that my high school 50 year class reuion is this summer. Boy it doesn't seem that long since graduating from High School when you knew that you knew everything you needed to know. :snork: :loll::rotfl:. Well I have a big day tomorrow so I better get to bed. I also realise that I need to write my story one of these days. As I say time flies when you are having so much fun.:snork: I do hope that everyone had a good day and remember yesterday was just that yesterday. It over and the new day has become and you have control over so much of it. Like taking your medication, iceing, resting and keeping a postie attitued. I know these things hurt and after while you are healing but remember it just a hill and you can climb it and them sit at the top and look at all the beautiy and them come down and take out again to make another hill even better because of you not hurting from th joints that took care of you and are now resting and using the new ones you received with a new lease on life. Take care and remember to go slow. Tashia and the kids.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom