THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

sounds great @tashia . and you're starting to sew. remember when that dream was so far away? glad to hear everyone's behaving (mostly).
 
So glad all going well for you Tashia and that you are back to your sewing. Hoping the weather improves for you...we are having a lovely springtime in the UK.....loving your new signature....how clever! Stay warm and dry...Chrissie xxx
 
Hi, guys, been feeling down the last couple of days with some depression. Really raining and that is good but its keeping me awake at night because its hitting the window in the bedroom and keeping me awake. We need the rain and with all the rain it is safer that it rains at night. So far no flooding to speak of. Have been busy with the sewing room trying to get it done so I can get going. Hip is doing great. I can walk now for over 20 min. I still have to be very careful not to swell. Still having trouble with Summer. He seems to be having some issuers but I did tell him that if he still hurts next week he will see the doctor. the balance I am having is ruff because all the kids want the attention at the same time. Sounds like kids doesn't it. Boy its April already. Boy does time fly by. Before I know it I will bring out my swimming suits for swimming. Have been thinking of getting a dog a lot lately. Sure would be fun to have one but in the rain it would be a chanllenge. Well need to get my apartment all ready for the summer. Do have a trip planned for this summer. I find that so exciting. I really think I will be able to get my medication when its ready. That is so cool. Please everyone take care this week is going to be ruff with the weather so please be careful. Tashia
 
When you look out at all that gloomy rain, Tashia, just think ahead to all the lovely spring flowers it will bring your way!!!
 
Dear Tashia
How great to hear you are doing well! I set off the alarms if I go to the toilets (through one of those security arches) at one of our local supermarkets with only one titanium hip, heaven knows what your full set would do:heehee:
- the security guards would have a fit!
Enjoy your sewing (and all the planning, sometimes the most enjoyable bit!)
Big hugs Anne
 
good days and less good days. but you're gonna be going on vacation before you know it. I had a friend who used to say: keep a green bough in your heart and the spring bird will come. you're gonna be great.
 
Hi @tashia I'm glad to find you doing well and having a vacation to look forward to

Take care with the weather and keep up the good work

Xxx
 
So glad all going well Tashia...a dog and a vacation...good for you honey....Keep up the good work....Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks everyone, I realized I was a little depressed so I started taking one more pain pills and it helped a lot. I hope to feel better tomarrow. The sun shined today and that helped so much. was able to go out for Lunch. Will try to get the Christmas tree down tomorrow. Need to start thinking about a dog. Get my apartments ready so I can get one. Now starting to think about it. Everyone do take care a ruff weather day is due tomarrow so take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Hope you had a good weekend, the weather is improving in most places.
Glad to hear you are thinking about getting ready for a dog, having one to take you on walks will do your heart good. :puppysmooze: :thumb:
 
@tashia Glad you are doing so well! And I am glad you are seriously thinking about getting a doggie companion. You are going to make one poor homeless doggie VERY happy. I'm sure that special doggie is out there waiting for you right now. I don't think I could live without dogs -- they add so much love and laughter to life, plus they keep you on your toes. No matter what kind of a lousy day you've had, when you come home your doggie thinks you are the grandest person in the whole world.

I saw a great quote on the net the other day -- it was "WHOEVER SAID DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND NEVER HAD A DOG!" How very true . . . .

Love to you.
 
Hi @tashia, stopping by to check up on you and hope all is well. We are being pounded by the snow as well. Hope all is okay with you, and glad to see you have gotten your sewing equipment out. You have been through a lot so no wonder you will be a bit depressed and with the rain and all. Not a good idea to go out if you don't have to. But don't stay in that depression long. You know that you have a bunch of children to take care of. And if Summer doesn't start to tow the line he will be marching to the doctor. Hope you are feeling better. You know the rain and those with bone, hip, and knee issues will aching a little more than necessary. I have recently gotten out 2 crochet projects. One is a hat I am making for my mom and the other is a blanket that I am making for one of the girls who is retiring soon. It keeps our mind busy. That and work. Take good care of yourself and feel better real soon. :bicycle2::bicycle2:
 
Hi, Everyone, This week has been ruff but its getting better. I say my doctor for the six week check-up and all in great. Doesn't seem possible that its been already 6 weeks but it has. all is great. The pain hasn't been real bad but the depression did come because of not taking enough. Got the problem fixed so that is good. I do find myself doing lots of crying. I'm sure it because of all the mess at the nursing home. I hope and pray that no one has any problems with them. I hope and pray that it was a rare experience. Now I plan to move on. I really want a dog and I think with my hip it will help. The weather has been great and it will be great to have a friend welcome me home. Summer is getting better. He did see the doctor today too and is feeling better. The sweeling is getting better also. All the kids got to see the doctor but Winter was real nurves. He had never seen him before so he was concened. After the visit we all went out for a Root beer Float and it was so good. The doctor did say that the knees will be ruff for about another month. The weather is getting better and the flowers are so beautiful. Everyone do take care, I know some of the areas are still having a ruff time. Tashia and the kids
 
Hi @ Tashia, glad all went well with the doctor visit. Hope all is well withyou. I am doing okay. Enjoyed my line dancing class last night. Are you sure you will feel up to a dog? They are good company, but they do require a lot of work and walking. Stay well and take care of yourself.
 
Yes, dogs do require lots of walking but it will be good for me and also get me moving more. I find that I have less trouble with depression if I walk a dog and play with them. I love animals and they love me so it helps me from getting so lonely. I also know I need to look for a new apartment and maybe a move so I still have recovery to do. I found out that we have a place that teaching line dancing not to far from my place. I thought in September I might be ready to try it. We will see. I feel a little sad that I needed to take more pills but if I don't I get sore and depressed. So that isn't good either. I have lots of things I want to do but I also remember I need to be careful. All the kids are getting cabin fever so a outing will have to happen soon. Take care and enjoy the good weather and get rid of all the ice. Tashia and the kids.
 
@tashia. I'm sure over these years you've told people to keep taking pain meds if they need to. even now I still do once in awhile (3 months) if I feel any pain, probably after having done too much. it not only helps the pain, but also calms the anxiety of wondering if something's wrong. so don't worry about that. basically you sound like things are moving along well. hope you get a dog when the time is right.
 
Had a ruff weekend. Working thru all the stuff that happened. I did overdue it Friday and so I spent the weekend resting. I went to take a drive and found that the car batteries is dead so will address it tomorrow. Really disappointed but that is life. I should of been driving the car but I have been to tired and taking medication so I didn't. I am sad right now about it but I will accept the fact I didn't drive under the influence of drugs. I need to get out of depression but it will happen when I do. This is part of the recovery that I don't like. Ups and downs and more of the same. I am finding that I tire easy but that also is part of the road of recovery. This weekend was the first weekend with no help so it was a long one. Did ok I guess. Be glad when I can get back to normal. I hope that everyone is ok and doing ok. Remember every day is one day closer to recovery. Tashia and the kids.
 
Back
Top Bottom