THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Jamie, I have looked at petfinder. I guess when the day is right I will find my friend. I want to find one that is still young enough to teach it to have children read to the dog. I would love to go to schools and have children read to the little one. We will see. Tashia
 
Today my hip reminded me that its still tender and swollen. I was very surprised to see the swelling, it hasn't been like this for time. It still needs some time to heal, I guess. Let me see its been over 2 years and still has some diffucult days. But nothing like before. Isn't it great to be able to have this done and walk again and be able to travel to the stores or states. I love the freedom that it has given me. Yes, there are days that it isn't up to par but oh so much better than before. I know having this done is very hard but so worth it. Take care and do remember we are here for you. Tashia
 
Please don't overlook the older doggies. They are much easier to manage -- you sure don't want a puppy to chase after. The older doggies are so grateful to find a home and you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. They are also mature enough to be delighted to lay and let the children read to them or pet them or climb all over them. I got my two when they were each about 5, and that was the perfect age. Still playful and fun and loved children, but no pooping in the house, and no eating the couch. Harold was kind of skinny and scared when I got him, but he has blossomed into a wonderful dog. Emily also, though she wasn't as scared or goosey -- she had come from a good home that fell upon hard times and had to relinquish her, so she didn't have the fear issues as much as Harold, who had been a stray on the street. They are both great doggies and think I hung the moon! As someone said, I wish I could be as wonderful a person as my dogs think I am!

Peace and love to you.
 
Butterfly, The age of dog is very important and that is a older dog. I have had very good luck getting older ones. I don't think I am cut out for the puppies any more. I enjoy house broken and all that other training done before I adopt. I am getting more serious as the days go by. I love to walk and having a friend to walk with is great. Also doing hand work on my quilt was fun when I had Tashia, because she always was in my lap helping me to make sure it was made just purfect. I also love to be greated when I come home. Nothing like a waking tail. Take care and now that it is getting winter take care. Tashia
 
Hiya tashia... Time for a little dog to keep you company through the winter months while you are quilting a black/red/orange quilt, lol hehehe! Xx
 
Poppet, I like blue and purple, don't you? Hee, Hee, All colors of the rainbow are beautiful. A little doggie is waiting for me and will find me when Its time. I have been real busy today doing lots of things that needed to be done. Its so good to be able to walk without using any walker. Its hard to think that all that stuff is in the past. I have already decorated more for thanksgiving than I have for years now to go thru all my Christmas stuff to get ready for Christmas. Its so nice to start looking for a future. Take care and remember you are so close. Love, Tashia
 
Well the weekend is over and I had a very good one. My hip is doing so good with the cold. I go days without thinking about it. I wish I could say that about my knees. My knee that was done last is doing excelant and doing great. It is still stiff with the cold and does swell if on it too much. I am so glad I had them done because I am free of the horrible pain that I lived with for years. I did wait too long for the knees but I know you are reading all the postings you are hearing this from most everyone. Now that most of this recover is over its time to start trying to get my life together. I have so much I want to do but still have some fear that I will get into pain again. For some reason my feet have been hurting. I think its the cold. Take care and remember to put yourself first so that yoou can get our of pain and have a life that you so deserve. Tashia
 
Today was really raining. That was sot good but my left hip didn't like it at all. If the pain continue I will have to the OS. I was hoping that it would wait but I also know that I have to get in line so it would be next year before anything could be done. We will see. Part of me would like this done so I can get on with life and have all the replacements over with. Three done and one more to go whenever. Take care. Tashia
 
Bless you! I hope I can be as brave as you. I am loaded with arthritis in my back, knees, toes and hands. My rtkr is Dec 9th. The cold weather which is just starting causes me so much pain. I do use a heating pad on my back which does help. It is so hard to describe this type of pain let alone treat it. My neurologist is my angel as he helps me manage my pain. My hospital asks that we stay out of the garden for a few weeks before surgery. Have you ever heard of this? Good thing it is too cold to play in the dirt or I would be in trouble! Take care.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Jozilla, I haven't head of not working in the garden before but I do sometimes you can get some bateria in the dirt. Or maybe its so you won't get hurt. I would do what they say but I would also ask why just so you know. With the winter coming on I to hurt. I have noticed that my knees and hip are hurting more than usual. My shoulders also hurt but what I did find out after all the replacements I don't hurt aa bad and that is so great. Take care and remember to keep us posted. The date will be here before you know it. Tashia
 
Tashia's Healing Dance
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:happydance:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<:yay: <<<<<<<<:yay: <<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>:egypdance:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:egypdance:<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<:happydance: <<<<<<<:happydance:<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:yay:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
​
 
Pumpkin, Thank you for putting the Healing dance on my posts. Its makes me laugh and makes recovery easier. We need a since of humor during the recovery time. Take care my dear friend. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia - it is bitter cold here now. I am so not a winter person. As for not gardening before surgery it is because of the germs. I just have never heard anything like this. My last surgery was seven years ago and these protocols did not exist then. My tkr surgery is in two weeks and I am counting down! I look forward to seeing some more of your sewing projects and hope all is well! Best regards - JoAnne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Tasha
The healing dance looks strange with the app, and makes me laugh LOL.
BTW it is freezing here.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Pumpkin, I love the dance. We need to laugh. I heard that a real bad storm is moving across the country. I hope that everyone is ok. Jozilla, I hope that you can stay warm and safe. I understand a ruff storm is moving across the nation. Please take care and do stay warm. Tashia
 
Hi everyone on a very cold night here where I live. I hope that everyone is very warm and for the ones who are having summer, could you send us some heat? My flowers are wanting to come in and get blankets to have during the cold nights. I have gone thru my clothes and got out my winter stuff and the summer clothes all put away. I am in my sewing mode and sewing whenever I can. My hip is great, in fact I hardly know that its a new one. When it does hurt it really surprises me. It feels like the one I had before I wore it out. This one will no doubt be with me until the end. I am still Cancer clean and that does make one feel great and look forward to many years ahead. I hope that this week will be great for all the ones in the US that are celebrating Thanksgiving. Remember Christmas is coming and I was thinking of starting a site in the Social Room on decoration like we did last year. It helped me so much getting thru life on life's terms. I drive a lot now so decorations are going to be seen as last year I didn't do much due to a new knee. Remember you can always come here and find someone on the site, late posting. I am so grateful for the friends that I have made here and I know I will no doubt make more next year. I believe that everyone that comes to this site is very brave because we need new knee or hip so we can get back into a life that we want. To go for walks and enjoy Mother Nature beauty and do to do it with a dog or cat. I did see a cat being walked the other day and I really don't think it was very happy. Tonight I hope the kitty is warm with a blanket and sleeping dreaming all the mice it wants to catch. :heehee: everyone take care and have a good week. Tashia
 
tashia Are you still looking for a new doggie? I hope so, because there are SO many looking for homes and I'm sure any of them would be SOOO happy to have a caring doggie mom like you. Some sweet soul is waiting out there for you to come and rescue him/her in time for Christmas. Here there are rescue groups that put doggies in foster homes, so if you found one of those you could talk to the foster mom and be sure exactly how the doggie behaves in a home. Or, you could foster to adopt -- that way you could "test drive" the doggie yourself!

You may have noticed I am a huge dog lover.
 
That's true, Butterfly.....you can do a "trial run." This is an excellent time of year to think about pet adoption. Many of the shelters have special programs for the holidays with reduced prices for adoption. And, some even let you take an animal for the holidays to give it time out of the shelter. They will take it back after the first of the year with no questions asked. But.....of course.....they really hope that you make a pet connection and decide to keep the dear doggie or kitty!!!
 
Jamie -- that "pet connection" can be a dangerous thing for me. It's how I ended up with 6 labrador retrievers all over my house many years ago. I already had 2, then found one in the road, then somebody asked me to keep one for a day or two and then didn't want her back, etc., etc. Needless to say all six stayed with me the rest of their lives, though we about ran out of couch space!

Nowdays I stick with just 2 labs, though those doggies are very hard to resist. Those big brown eyes . . . .
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom