THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Sounds very much like you are returning to normal activities now tashia, cuz you are thinking about other aspects of your health.. Having new glasses will help you with your driving and I know how much you love to go for a drive :) hugs always xx
 
You are so right Poppet,, I do love to drive and most important to fabric stores and travel agency. Maybe even to the ocean if the knee and hip can take the sitting that long. Dog hunting will be better now because I can see their faces saying I am the dog. "Please take me home. Mom" I think this replacing hips, knees really hit the unsecure bottom. At least for me. After Cancer I was ready to travel in no time but with these I am afraid of traveling long places. I am getting better but the fear is there. I also think that having so many overloaded my system and it still hasn't gotten all booted up yet and running. Take care with all that cold weather. Make sure you stay warm. LOL. Tashi
 
zauberflöte, The orders haven't come in yet. They must of taken the slow lane. :heehee: My knees and hip are all ready to go when they get the word. Untill then we have to play with the fabric we have. :shocked: We can make it. I will let you know the minute it comes. Tashia
 
This is Friday and I forgot to go to the mail. :scare: I must get there but I am having stomach trouble again. :beg: The doctor have checked it and say they have found nothing. I just think it must be all the drugs and operations I have had in the last 5 years. My stomach went bad when I had Cancer and it got better now its bad again. It needs sewing and lots of care. I am going to start drinking some tea I think but its hot here and tea isn't too good. I will try to not get it upset with nerves. We all do need to go thru the fabric. I have such a wonderful stash. I do have lots of blue, purples, greens. Come on over. :loll: We can have a stash party. :rofsign:
 
I love those colors. I wish my stomach would stop hurting. It is also swollen. I hope I feel better tomorrow. My knees are great and so is my hip. I went out today and did some driving today. It felt good just to wonder around. I was going to go out to dinner but with my stomach I came home. I also went to the mail and didn't find anything but bills. That isn't exciting. Well, its now the weekend. and I do hope that everyone does have the best weekend possible. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
Great that you had a good drive tashia , I know how much you enjoy being out wandering in your car.. Sorry your tummy is playing up, can you out it down to anything you have eaten honey?
 
Poppet, I did have a pizza at noon but it was already upset. I have so much going on but it is great that my knees and my hip are great. My stomach was upset last night so I was very careful what I ate. I didn't eat much of the Pizze because it didn't tast good. I hope it does rain here so it would cool down. With the weekend here I hope I can do something that is fun. Take care and do have a blast this weekend. Tashia
 
Today started with my stomach not hurting. Yes, this is the way to start the day. Last night I did some sewing and did get into pain which isn't good but I was able to take care of it. Boy June is almost gone and I have made process to some degree. I get so tired of not being able to just take out like I did when I didn't hurt but I must admit it was a very long time ago. I would go to the ocean and be there for days. Now I barely get out of town. Need to work on that. For my birthday I would like to go somewhere over night, maybe two nights. So starting to look for a place to go. I would like to drive but its not important as being out of town. This week will be busy doing message, and some sewing. I do hope that everyone is ok and not hurting. The ones that are still waiting I so understand your pain. I had to wait some time for all the knees and hip. Remember it will happen and keep yourself as healthy as possible. Take care and I will see you on the other side. Tashia
 
tashia you are right, no belly pain is a great way to start the day :) What's a "stash party"? Is it where we get to come over and bring you brownies and ICED tea (sound better?) and take out all your fabrics and squares and threads and patterns and stencils and whatever else quilt makers need, and play with it by color and textures? Yep, I am THERE! I have just collected 2 purple solids, a green/lavender stripe, and a print with blue, green, and purple. I'm looking for a bottle green solid with some texture to it, maybe old fashioned linen damask-- anybody seen one like that? What color thread do I want?
*takes big swig of ice tea* *hic!* oops, tea not supposed to make you hiccup!:blush:
 
Thats sounds like so much fun. Lets have one in the sewing room. I still haven't gotten my order. :headbang: But the good news is when it comes my mighty knees and hip will be able to carry the load. That is sooo cool. Now to all of you that are waiting for the life changing event. Just think to be able to enjoy hobbies and not hurting. WOW that is so cool. Being able to shop for over 15 minutes. Yes going thru this is very hard but is so worth it. Please know that we are here to help you. Just ask. Tashia
 
zauberflöte, I am getting so frustrated my shipment of shaded of green hasn't come yet. I want them so badly so we can have our party. I am finding that I can walk further which is good but all the walking in the sewing shops are failure because I can't find the greens I want. You are looking for green too, right, Too bad we don't live close so we could go to some really big stores so we can get out colores we want. I love to stash hunting. Well I hope to all by the end of this week. Then a big stash party in the stash room. Tashia
 
tashia well, green is hard to come by now, but I found a wonderful collection of blues at a yard sale, so I bought everything she had, for you!! I didn't dare ask what she'd been saving all these blue fabric scraps for LOL. So I'm wrapping them up and will mail them to you tomorrow, so you can see if there's anything you can use. I think I want to quilt (as a first project, with your help!) a table runner in an abstract pattern of waves and clouds. Water blue, green, deep deep wine purple, sky blues, clouds white. Maybe a gold border? Shall I bring my own sewing shears and pins?
 
zauberflöte, That does so beautifuff, lets do it. Hee, Hee. As far as sewing shears they have never been used on paper, right. I am trying to teach my Caregiver to sew and the scissors that are used for quilting or sewing are never to tought paper to cut. It dulls them. Right. I wish we all could get together for real. I know we would have a blast. Well we can always have a blast on the internet. Party on. Tashia
 
@tashia well, my sewing shears have been used on paper patterns... can't help that, can we? Otherwise nothing but fabric. Ok, and I confess, the tape that's over my scar (STILL!!!), as they are the best shears I have. They are labeled "MOM SEWING DO NOT TOUCH" as my kids were known for borrowing" stuff LOL​
 
zauberflöte, I so understand about other family members using the shears. When my daughter was little I would hide them so they wouldn't be used for cutting whatever. Now I live by myself and if the shears get dull I no one to blame but me. How is your hip. It better be getting better because we have this stash party coming up. I did get one order but not the greens. I am so glad now I can get to the mail box without feeling pain in the hip and knees. My credit card is feeling sad it hadn't been used for a couple of days so we need to change that , don't you agree? Take care and rest because you need to be rested for my party. Tashia
 
TODAY WAS SOO GOOD! Got to go to a museum and got to walk about a hour with 0 pain. :dancy: WOW that is so cool. :egypdance: Not only that but when going to the car to come home I didn't hurt. :happydance: It been years that I have been able just to walk without pain. :puppysmooze: :) :spin: Afterwords we went out to lunch and they to a fabric shop. :yahoo: My hip isn't sore at all. :yay: The knees are a little stiff but thats it. :yes!: I am tired tonight but its a good tired. :yes: I hope that this means the beginning of true recover. :flwrysmile: Everyone do take care with all the warm weather coming. :) I wish I could send some down under but I don't know how. :yes: Tashia :friends:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom