THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

BarbieJ, I also had a female dog who loved the crate. But as she got older she wanted to be near me so I moved her in the bedroom with me. She was a very sick dog most of her life. What are you doing this weekend? I spend most of this weekend to my self remembering the solders that so willing gave their lives for this great country. Have a good weekend and do hug that wonderful dog. Take care my good friend, Tashia
 
I thought I was going to be spending the weekend mostly alone since neither of my kids were coming into town. I just got a message from my sister 15 minutes ago that she is coming into town. They have a tradition of decorating and tending the graves of her husband's family members on memorial day.
I walked Cubbie today and did not use my cane. I started to take it, but then chose to leave it and just walk slower if I had to. (Mind you, I walk very slowly even with it). It just felt so nice to feel the warm breeze and be outside with Cubbie like I used to.
The homes near me all have flags on them. It's very pretty. The veterans cemetery where my husbands father is buried places hundreds of flags for the Memorial Day and it is beautiful. We are very grateful for the sacrifice of our soldiers.

I still have not bought any annuals for my deck. I need to do that but i need help moving the containers. i need to be careful since i cant seem to lift much weight at all. The pain I have makes me very tired.
I am looking forward to warm summer weather and not so much rain.
Soon it will be 7 years that I have had my doggie. :yes:
 
BarbieJ, on Cubbie birthday give here a big hug from me and rub her behind the ears if she likes that. Dogs are so great. WOW you got to walk without the cane. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :dancy: :dancy: :dancy: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yes!: :yes!: :yes!: I am so happy for you. This is a beginning but do be careful. I was able to get some plants that I love yesterday. It feels so good to have things I love around me so I can enjoy them again. We are going to make it. Take care my friend. Tashia :yes:
 
Boy am I tired today. My legs feel like all they want to do is sit or sleep. Must of overdid it yesterday. But it felt so good. To know that I could do the day without a nap is so great. I got so much done and sleep so great. A nap is planned for this afternoon. We are having a little bit of rain, not much just enough to get the car dirty. Well I see that my eye lids are trying to watch tv so a nap is needed. Take care and do hope that you can do something fun. Tashia
 
Well it night and I need to get some things done before I go to bed. This week have lot to do. Mostly sewing. Setting up systems for finding all my projects and got the quilts top for quilting. I need to see if any quilt shops are sending any quilts to the midwest for those who lost their homes. I also found two tops for a Cancer auction that need to be done for next year. Every time they have a auction I donate at least two quilts. It is a quite auction that anyone can bid on the quilts. Its cool to see people bid on yours. I have felt so good lately and have more strength. I am using muscles that haven't been used in ages. It feels so good. All I have to say is pray for me to find my dog this week. I am excited and yet worried I won't find one. Everyone do have a wonderful week. and for those who are in pain remember Rest, Ice, elevations and pain around the clock if needed. Take care. Tashia
 
Had a blast today. Didn't find a dog but did find three quilt projects. If I couldn't find a dog this is the best thing to happen to me. Saturday is surpose to be in the 100s so i hope to have a dog by then so we can stay home and just sleep around. Since God is in charge all I have to do is show up. I hope my plants survie the heat. If I don't find a dog before this weekend I will sew and watch a movie. I don't like 100 degree much so will lay low. Everyone do have a good week and do remember God is in charge. Tashia
 
Tashia,
A :puppysmooze: will come into your life when you are ready, not a moment sooner!
It is great that you are able to enjoy doing so much more and work on your quilts.
 
Pumpkin, How is your weather? Heard there was some snow your way. This weekend is going to be very warm here so going to be staying indoor and hope to stay cool. Of course a bike ride in the mountain would be nice. I find that I want to go out of town. Thinking about doing a trip but not for a couple of months. I am tired I am staying up to late. Need to start going to bed early. Did you get done the plumbing that you wanted to do? take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Yes the plumber put everything back in working order. No snow here, just rain and wind. I agree, going to hunker down at home in the heat this weekend. I try to go out in the morning to avoid the heat of the afternoon.
 
Pumpkin, I know what you mean about the heat. Its surpose to be in the 100s this weekend. Ug. I am not a person who like that type of heat. I will spend it indoor and in the sewing room. I didn't find a dog which is ok, When the right dog find me and I find her, we will have it made. Take care and maybe we can do a bide ride on the internet. At least it will be cool. Take care. Tashia
 
This weekend is going to be very lazy. My knees and hip and the feet also are very tired from a very busy week. It felt so good that I was able to keep that type of pace. Now to drive for a couple of hours would be great. I do feel my life is returning to a wonderful pace. I still have to remember to take a easy and when I tired to sit back and watch a movie. My flowers are my patio are getting a little in trouble with the heat. With the weekend coming up I hope that everyone gets to do something fun even if it watching a movie because you are waiting for surgrery. Take care. Tashia
 
tashia well I'm glad to finally meet you on your own thread! You are all over this forum, encouraging and making others feel good :) I'm glad you feel like life is picking up to a wonderful pace-- good for you!! have a lovely lovely lazy weekend! I think I'm going to try to get out to church-- will be nearly two weeks since surgery, and the church is only 5 min from home....I can leave if it gets too much! Dragging my family behind me...
Take care :) :)
 
zauberflöte I hope you do ok tomorrow. Remember to take a easy. Keep up the good work. Remember to go show. Take care. Tashia
 
tashia thanks! As it turned out, we didn't go. It would have been a mad rush (=not going slow at all...), and I didn't learn till noon today (when hubby got up) that he had worked till 4:15am:yikes: so it would have been wrong all round. Next week :)
 
zauberflöte The good thing about this is there is always next week. Make sure you don't force yourself to things you are not ready to do. Take care. Tashia
 
Today was another lazy day. I fell asleep in the chair last night and woke up very early and then off to bed. Didn't get up till noon. Then I was still tired so I went for a nap and woke up at 8 in the evening. My feet also hurt but now don't. I was tired and now I feel so much better. I find that I can go for about six days then I crash for a couple. It was hot out today so why not sleep.

My hip is also lots better but the swelling is still there a little. This is so common for me in the summer. I go for a couple of days then I crash. I have always done that so its so good to be back to some normal. I would love to go to the ocean this summer. That is my goal for this summer. It finally to the place where I can make a goal. Finally I feel almost human.

I do have to be careful with my feet. I do need to get some shoes this week. They are about a full year old. I hope I don't need some new inserts. In the summer I don't wear shoes much inside for that fact I don't wear shoes in the Winter either inside the apartment. I did a list of all my sewing stuff this week now I need to make the way I want it. Cut and paste I believe is the way. I haven't done this since college. Yes, I had trouble spelling in college also.

This week is my one year anniversary on my left knee. WOW did this year pass fast. All I wanted was to get out of pain and being able to walk without a cane or a walker. I did that and so much more. I can know drive without pain. Go shopping and go to weekend events. I am now looking for a another dog. I felt so defeated before the surgery. In fact I didn't have much hope for the future. I was in so much pain I didn't know how much longer I could put up the pain. My life was on hold and all I was doing was going from one moment to other moment. I had no dreams to speak of but get out of pain. It consumed me 24hrs/7 days a week. I would take pills every four hours hoping for relief more than three hours. That isn't much of a life to say the least.

After surgery all I could do for four days was cry because it was all over. No more surgeries were planned. My journey started 2006 with finding out I had Cancer. I almost died a couple of times after surgery to get rid of the cancer. Very weak to say the least the doctor told me it would take me a couple of years to get my strength back. In the process I noticed my knees hurt but I thought it was because I had been in a coma for almost a month and was so weak from that. Finally I went to the doctor and found out I needed two new knees and a new hip. Finally it got so bad I couldn't walk any more so I started my journey of replacements.

I had my right knee done first and I did have a so so recover because I was still in so much pain with the other knee and hip. The next year I got the hip done and by then I was terribly depressed. In fact I had no hope thinking that I was going to get better. Every day I would reach deep inside to gather the strength I had to take the day on. I also found out that my Cancer medication was not working so the anxiety was in the roof. Finally after only six months after the hip I took on the left knee on.

This was the best move I have ever taken. This was the last thing I needed before starting to go up hill. I also had found this group after the hip. I found hope here that there was going to be a tomorrow. I started not to dread the next moment because I finally got pain control with the last knee done. Finally after three years of hell I finally had moments of peace and free from pain. I was still very concerned that I needed surgery on my feet but I noticed day by day they were starting to stop hurting and getting stronger. Was this to be my future not pain in the feet? The answer was yes. Having both knees done and a hip put them in the right position. Hope for the future finally came into my mind.

As each day, week, and month I found less pain, anixety and in there place became strength and hope. Was I to have a future? The answer was YES. It surprised me greatly and I found Angels like Josephine, Jamie bottomshollow, and Poppet, Pumpkln who wouldn't let me go into deep depression and feel like not worth anything. Also many other would stop by and give the strength to carry on.

As I write this I realise how defeated I was when I came here. I had no hope for tomorrow or hope to get out of pain. I just went thru the motion and day by day it got better. Finally I could say I was glad to be alive. There is no words to say to all of you for helping me make it. I know their are many that no longer come to this site but they did give there time to say Hi and in doing so they left HOPE in my heart. welshjane comes to my mind of those who I will never forget what they said.

God does work in so many ways and brought so many to this site to help me in the climbing on my hill. Well I am at the top now and travelling down to the other side. How do you say thank you for all those who helped me. I find there are no words that I can say to tell you how much it means to me. I know I have meet life time friends. That is so wonderful about this place. It helps you in the life changing events and you get friends to continue your life in bright sun and a bright future. I know now I have a future which will be more bright than dark. Life does throw you challenges but its the way you look at them that seem to make the outcome.

I know that I had the best of doctors to help but the soul needs to be healed also. We all have our own roads to walk and travel but coming here I get help with the traveling my path and helping other travelling theirs. I came here so wounded in the heart and soul other than having physical pains. Now that I am healing in all places I find myself looking for the future like my sewing again is so alive again. So is my travelling to other places have come alive. When I wake up first thing in the morning I don't have to deal with pain in my heart and soul and physical being. I look onto the day wondering what am I going to do today that I haven't done in years? I find that I have moments of excitement of thinking of what things I want to do and will have to work forward too.

I am looking for another pet which I haven't had for a while. Now I want a dog instead of needing one to take care of me. I have no idea on what kind of dog God will give me for travelling with me on my path. God brought me here to get well and to help those who need help in their journey. Before I came here the internet was not a friend. In fact the thought of sharing anything was not going to happen. Now I must say in a way it saved my life. I can come here at any time and get hope or give it because I have so much to share. I hope to stay here and help here because this surgeries are ruff and demanding to heart and the soul plus it being very physical.

I know so many people here that maybe in some day I will meet some. I have a big family here and all over the world. On New Year night I attend the party here with my great friends. I look forward to it every year. This is my family of many and will grow bigger as new people I will meet here. I now come here knowing that I can help someone and say Hi to my friends and family. God bless this group and the staff who I call Angels. I thank the doctor who started this group for having the foresight of how difficult this surgery is. God Bless you all in your journey. Please everyone do take care. I hope you can read this without double spacing. Tashia
 
tashia wow-- thanks for recapping your whole journey-- I haven't read your whole thread so was sort of guessing from context. You have had quite a time of it, and your giving spirit shines out now :) None of that pain, all of Tashia! Keep us posted on your new pet!! Dog, you think, or something else? :)
 
tashia it's great to have you so upbeat! I know my Dad was in so much pain before he had his RTHR in 1998 that he was talking about ending it all - he is now 93, hip still doing well! That is why I wasn't too worried about having mine done 14 years after his, almost to the day.
We all look forward to hearing about your new pet when it arrives!
Love and big hugs
Anne
 
Tashia, thank you for that post. I had no idea of the impact BoneSmart had on you and on your life. Wow!

However, as you can see I did split it into paragraphs to make it easier for people to read (especially me!). Hope you don't mind. And it wasn't a doctor who started this, Richard Warner is just another grateful recipient of joint replacements who felt there was a need for such a site and did something about it! If you knee what is evolving from BoneSmart (the website) you'd be amazed - not only the website and the forum but a site for education doctors and helping to fund research (the FARM - Foundation for the Advancement of Research in Medicine) but also new joint replacement hospitals all over the US! Amazing! Just wish he come over here and build some! :snork:
 
Josephine, Thank you so much for double spacing my piece. I know it was long and it did need to be double space. Coming here was the best thing I have done for year. We all have a road and the one thing we all need is people to listen, except, and give subjection. Thank you so much for being here and correcting me about who stated this wonderful sight. Take care and have a very good week. Love Tashia
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom