Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Josephine I was given Morphine in the hospital 30mg twice a day, and Percet as brakethough meds. I was taking percet 2 tablet every 4 hour. in 4 June 2012. I still am taking the morphine and the percet I am down to 1 and a half every 8 hours. I was cutting one half to fourth so that is good. My doctor has said I have concic pain and this is what he prescribed. I can'T take Nasids at all, So pain pills are it. 4 June it will be a year on Morphine. I found that this last month there were days I didn't take the morphine by mistake. My head buzzed horiable just before a dose was needed. I looked in the book and this head buzzing is not listed as a side effect or is it. I am trying to deceided if I should keep cutting my percet into fourth or should I go up to the old dose. My head does continue to buzz. I have checked my blood pressure and its fine. 138/68 is somewhere in my normal. The buzzing in my head is my concern. Is this a side effect or something else. When my head buzzed in the hospital it was pain but now it buzzes without pain. I am confused with what I should do. I have seen my doctor and found nothing wrong. I was thinking of stress being the cause. 4 June I will have my first anniversy. I don't know what to do. Tashia
 
I was cutting one half to fourth
You haven't actually told me what dose tablets of Percocet you are taking. The trouble with taking ever smaller doses of anything is that you get the sensitization of the drug in terms of side effects, without the pain killing benefits. To put it more simply, you risk getting the side effects (which includes dependency) without the benefits because there is a certain dose of any drug that is a working dose or effective dose in terms of pain management. So what's the point of that? So yes, I think you ought to be taking the prescribed dose and not messing about with them unless this is something your doctor has advised you to do. Did he?
 
Tashia,
Josephine has excellent advice about your medications, at this point you need to follow your doctors instructions.
Please take good care, and feel better soon,
 
Poppet, I am tired but ok. I got my desk moved and also my cutting table. Then I had my hair cut which felt so good. I didn't know that cutting the pills in forth can cause dependency so I have gone back up to a half. Not happy about one bit. I want to get off them so bad. I know I hurt but taken less seems to work so why not take less? I can't think about moving to a new state until I get off them completely. This is sure depressing. Well what can you do about it but keep working on it. Hope you have a very restful weekend. Love, Tashia
 
Maybe chat with your Doctor and see if together you can work out a plan for reducing the meds gradually hon?
 
Tashia, I agree with Poppet....would be wise and probably very helpful if you spoke to your Doctor. There's medications that they can use to help you while your weaning off the pain medications. Keeping you in my thoughts!
 
I have to be honest I can't seem to get down to from one and a half ever 8 hours. The doctor knows this. He also knows that my head does buzzing. It has been checked for serious stuff. I still think lot of it is nerves. Because every time I get upset or real tired is really goes off. However it also could be hayfever so I just going to have put up with it for right now. I wish I could take my herbs. I know that would take care of it but I not taking them because of the medication. I don't like mixing herbs and Western medication. The weekend is almost here so every one do something for themselves. Take care Tashia
 
Oh honey, tashia... I know why you are stressing right know.. meditate my friend... hugs xxxxx
 
Poppet, I do hope you had a very good day. With Down Under in Winter I know the day light is short and cold. We are having such warm days, I believe we are going to have a very hot summer which isn't good because we didn't get much snow. This is a very tiring weekend but I have a lazy week planed. Well April is almost gone so your retirement is coming soon. It will be here before you know it. Everyone do take care and have a good weekend. Tashia
 
Poppet, Very tired tonight and wish I could sleep but right now I am awake. Did sleep the whole day and must of got too much sleep that why I am still awake. I didn't take any pictures while the kids were here we were so busy doing stuff that needed to be done. Sunday was a day we didn't do much. Went out for Brunch and then went to some stores and then they went to get seats on the plane. the stay was very good. Everytime I see my daughter I find that we have our hair the same way. Its surprises me because we don't talk about it before hand. Well its getting late and its time for medicane then bed. Have a good night sleep. Every one do take care and hope that tomorrow is a good day for everyone. Tashia.
 
Hi Tash honey, so pleased you had a good visit with your family.. Good for the soul :)

Take care xx
 
Poppet, I am having a very lazy night. No dought I will go to bed early. I am really tired. Tashia
 
I slept twice today.. Each stretch nearly two hours.. Still getting over my migraine from yesterday.. Hope you are sleeping soundly hon xx
 
Poppet, Finally getting control of my pain and medicane. Feeling so much better to say the least. The wind is still blowing and so I hope to stay inside most of the day. It is to stop blowing around noon then I will go out. Have to pay for my rent. I am so glad that I made the desion to stay in this apartment for another year. I must get well before I plan anything else to do. A move is diffecult and I need to be off the medicane. I do have a headache today. I think its all the pollen in the air. Latter I will take a pills for that. I will try my herb first and see if that helps. Today is another lazy day. I do hope your head is better. Please take care and get better. Love, Tashia
 
We went from 84 degrees yesterday to freezing temps this evening and prediction of snow. I hope it doesn't snow because it will kill all of the beautiful blooms.
tashia, I know how you want to slowly get off of the pills. You will get there. It takes time. Keep us posted on what your dr recommends about reducing your dosages.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit from your daughter. It fills your bucket up, doesn't it?
I don't mind hot weather. Can't tolerate cold weather anymore.

I wonder if Poppet ever sees a kangaroo in her neighborhood. We have deer that come right into my yard. I can't imagine looking out my window and having a Joey in my yard. I see the deer more in the winter because they come out of the woods and look for food.
 
BarbieJ We have been having horrible wind and lots of fires in this state. I hope this isn't whats going to be this summer. All we need is the heat and it will be a very ruff summer. I haven't talk to the Doctor yet because I still have trouble with pain if I get off the schedule that he set up. I guess I am getting unpatience again. I have been on pain pills for over three years. The very greatfull thing is most of the day I am now pain free. I can do my exercise and shopping without pain. Also I can do some sewing if I am carefull about not sitting too long. I would like my life without pain pills but right now I know I need them. I know you are in pain are you working with your doctor to control yours?

I use to see lots of wild animals but lately I haven't. I don't miss hearing noise and look out my window and seeing lots of animals. I like seeing them in the wet lands but not in my patio. I did get a warning that the Rattle snakes are out so at dawn and dusk I have to be careful. After I moved in I found that I lived next to a Rattlesnake reserver. They like to wonder and don't stay in their land. We can't kill them, they come and put them back. Makes the summer interesting. You should ask Poppet about the animals in her neighood.. It would be interesting to find out. Please take care and remember you are going to make it. Both of us are just having a harder time and that is the way it is. Tashia :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
We are having a bad air day. I didn't get my filters for air purifer yet. I hope it will be better tomorrow so I can get them. This is going to a be a long hot summer. So lots of water and thank goodness I have my sewing. I can do this inside. I do want to take a couple of trips this summer to get out of the heat and smoke. I will try to get to the ocean but we will see. With the weekend coming please have fun and stay safe with all the weather doing it thing. Take care. Tashia
 
Tasha, at least you are not looking at snow. It has been snowing here and has killed a lot of flowers. The magnolia trees were in full bloom and beautiful. So sad. Crazy weather.
Hope you are feeling rested.
 
Back
Top Bottom