Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

I'm finding that not only morphine doses are being missed which is a sign of getting better. Also my pain is going away. Recover I believe will happen. But what is recover? To me it is able to live with out pain most of the time and not needing to take pain medicane on a regular schedule. Be able to sew and travel without hurting. Being happy with what I got. Everyone do take care Tashia
 
Fantastic tashia... Reducing your meds without noticing the difference is wonderful... This is your year, my good friend! I am busy making spaghetti bolognese sauce, letting it simmer slowly ... Love ya xx
 
Poppet. It is so good to know that process is happing. I am so glad I came here and joined. I really don't know what I would of done without this group and my dear friends that I have from this site. Please take care and make sure you rest enough. LOL Tashia
 
What a good day. My caregiver came today and we went to a sewing stores. A group of stores get together and have lots of goodies and fabric for a special price. WOW was it fun to see all the pretty stuff. It just dawned on me I should of taken pictures. Friday I will take my camera. In fact I haven't looked at them yet because I came home and went to bed to take a nap. Just got up. I sure get tired when I go out. Does this happen to you. I always come home and fall asleep every time I go out. I would think now that I wouldn't be so tired after going out. My knees where sore but not now. I need the exercise. I also went to my favorite Hamburger place. What a wonderful treat. Oh I also lost a pound. Yah, Yah, Well that was my day. I do hope you all had a very good day and didn't get to tired. Take care. Tashia
 
Spent the day very tired and upset. I don't know if I over did it or my meds. I got some news that upset me. I guess it just life. One minuete its great, then ok, then oh. well. Retirement for me has been ruff, I just keep thinking that things are going to be better. I guess it is. I did take a drive today and it was wondeerful. The weather is great. The sun is shinning and warm. Now I need to get back to work and get my tree ready for Memorial Day. Maybe that will cheer me up. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Poppet, My day got better but my hip is a little sore. I got out of town today so it was so great. I am very tired. Take care with love Tashia
 
Poppet. What is so cool is when you have a problem and need to get away from it you can come here and refocus. And the problem gets less and less. Thats for the dear friend I have here. Take care my dear friend. Tashia
 
tashia
I hope you are better. You seem like a dear friend to me now, even though you only introduced yourself a couple months ago. I want to cheer you up. I want you to know that you help me tremendously with your spirit and sage advice.
I would love to come over and help you decorate your tree for Memorial Day. Shall I bring over some stars?
:bicycle2: :SUNsmile:
 
BarbieJ I would love to have you help. Lots of stars would be great. And you dog can come over and keep us focus. :puppysmooze: :friends: :flwrysmile:. Thank you so much I had forgotten about the tree. You are a good friend. :friends: Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, I hope you are feeling well today. It's good that you got to go to the sewing stores and then to the hamburger place, sounds like a perfect day. I hope one day you can manage to post photos of the things you have made, I would love to see them :)

I have previously done small sewing projects...just small Christmas decorations for the tree but today I decided to buy some material to make cushion covers, something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I don't think I will be able to do zips so am planning on a velcro or envelope style to close up the gap. Will let you know how I get on.

Take care

Ann.xxx
 
Anniepops That is so cool. Zippers have gotten so much easier to put in but I still avoid them. :snork: One of these days I will get the downloading. I did get some computer skills so there is hope yet to learn more. You can teach old dogs new tricks. :puppysmooze: :puppysmooze:. Our weather is great. Just a slight breeze, just to keep the weather just right. Enjoy your hikes but take care. tashia
 
Cubbie needs a bath first. On my to do list for tomorrow! Then I will blow dry him and bring him over. He loves his bath and is so handsome afterwards. Then we will come over. Maybe you can make him a bandana to wear with one of your fabric scraps?.

He is such a well behaved and quiet dog. I bet he is about the size as your dear Tashia. He weighs 26 pounds. My sewing machine is an old Kenmore and really heavy. Too heavy for me now. Not a fancy one with a memory. I only use it for mending.
 
BarbieJ What Cubbie is the same weight of Tashia. She varied depending on how much human food she could steal. I'm afraid that was her shortcoming. The people that had her before me gave her human food. She was a good dog. As for a sewing machine, my first one was a Brother and weights a ton. They are heavy but they do sew anything. I don't remember it every having a hard time sewing anything. They are good machine. If you can get someone to take it and have it cleaned you could have a wonderful machine that could sew anything. I took mine because it had frozen and I didn't know it could be fixed. The guy who cleaned it was able to free and had the parts it needed and almost made me promise that I would let him by it before he gave it back to me. Those are machines because they are made of medtal. The new one are mostly plastic which don't have the power to take thick on. Is your a table model or does it fix into a desk. I put mine into a desk and now I have a good chair I plan to start using more often. The one thing is that they have to be oiled a lot. It cost me $65.00 dollors to clean it and what is funny is that is how much we paid for it in New York. Wow have things changed. Machines that are good cost lot more than that. When I go to camp I see lots of machines like the ones we talking about. When making quilt all you need is forward and back. Just think about it. The old machines are much quieter also. Make sure you bring his favorite snack. :heehee: Take care the tree is waiting. :rofsign: tashia
 
Josephine I am so confused. My pain is getting less and less so I am reducing my pain meds. However my head is buzzing like crazy when I first get up in the morning and just before I take my pain pills. I have read the side effects and I don't see that as a reaction or withdraw of pills. But when I go back to the old dose I physical feel better. My head does still buzz but not as bad. Pain pills are for pain is my understanding not for feeling better. After the buzzing I have a head ache could this be a mirgain? I have never had them before but I must admitt I am confused to the buzzing in the head. Does anyone have mirgain and does your head buzz? I hope this isn't a new problem. take care. Tashia
 
What are the pain pills concerned, Tashia? How much have you been taking and how long have you been taking them?
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom