Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Jamie, How are you? I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. I am doing very good. I have started taping off my medicane and so far its working. It so nice to be on the other side of the hill and heading for recover. My projects are on hold until I get some work done on the apartment. However I found some beauiful fabric and ordered some for my stash. I will no doubt get it and start making something with it immeditaly. Hows the weather, we are to warm up and the wind stops. Please take care my friend. Tashia
 
I'm doing fine, Tashia. Of course, I'd love it if my recovery went faster, but isn't that always the case? It's actually going very well compared to my previous knee five years ago. So I have no complaints! We're getting spring here in Kansas finally. Our neighbor's forsythia bush is in full bloom and is a giant swatch of bright cheery yellow. I love looking out at it.
 
Jamie, I am so happy. Tonight I was able to delay my medicane so I could go to quilting quild. I wasn't able to stay for the whole meeting but it was a start. I also was able to go down 1/2 of my dose this morning. Its so great. The wind finely stopped blowing. I understand the weather is really ruff in the Midwest so everyone please take care. Tashia
 
Today was the PT. It went very well. I got more exercises and told to do them and if I had more problems to come back. I dought I will its a pain to get there and he was very informative so I came out knowing more than I knew before. So the day was productive. So now I don't have to think about surgrey on my feet. I now can move on. Well I just looked at the clock and I need to take some medicane. I will be so glad when I don't have to take them any more. Take care. Tashia
 
Hi Tash, it's great to hear the PT went well. It's a shame that it is too far away to go regularly but good that you have been instructed on what exercises to do, that will help greatly :)

Hopefully you won't be needing the meds for much longer.

Take care

Ann
 
Anniepops Ann, the PT didn't think that my feet weren't too bad. I am not in a flare up right now so that is good. I am in the process of reducing my pain meds but I may be going to fast. I was 10 days with a reduction and doing good so I reduced another 1/2 but I may be having some trouble. The pain is not too bad so does this mean I should continue using this dose? My head is pounding and I think it is related. Maybe I should get Jo and see what she thinks. I want to get off them so bad but I must be careful not to get into pain. I would love to go on a trip. Just to go out for the night without getting so tired. I know getting off the meds would bring more engery. Well I will keep trying. I am feeling so much better. Thank you for coming over and saying Hi. Take care my friend. Tashia
 
Hi Tash, sounds like you may be reducing the pain meds too quickly.. I know you are keen and sick of taking them, but you can suffer withdrawal symptoms if you reduce too quickly ... Slow and steady my friend. xx
 
Hi Tashia, it does sound like you are on a good direction. It is a good feeling to have energy and feel like yourself. I hope you can continue feeling good and figure out the best way to do it. I am happy for you.
 
BarbieJ in time you will be going in the right direction. You are like me, it just takes more time for us. We will make it. take care Tashia
 
I tend to think we make leaps of progress in the first weeks/months/years and then it starts to plateau and we get an inkling of the residual pain, stiffness, odd aches etc. etc.. You are right Tash, for some of us, it takes more time :)
 
I relized i forget how old my hip is. Lets see I had the new hip, 13 September 2011. Its 19 months yesterday. WOW its getting older each day and better each day. This is great. Tashia
 
Happy hip anniversary for yesterday Tash xx
 
Poppet had a very lazy day. Got to bed late. Need to get back to regular hour. The wind is blowing and I have my wind chimes up and the sound of them is great. Started taking my tree down, I need the room for when my company comes. I overdid it Thrusday because I am taking long naps. But not in pain so that is so good. It so good to know we are on the hill going down hill. The process of getting well is so great. I hope that your hip is doing ok. I know winter is coming so its getting cold. Please make sure you don't get cold. Take care. Tashia
 
Thanks tashia... Watching the news, they reported the new strain of Avian Flu that is on its way to OZ... This is what the CDC has to say..

broken link removed: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/h7n9-virus.htm

Bring out the natural medicine antibiotic tinctures :)... Good that I made them up on the weekend :)
 
Hi tashia getting to your quilting guild must have been great, even if you couldn't stay too long. I have managed some sewing (mostly mending and replacing buttons!) and crochet but I need to do something simple. I'm still on quite high meds so the crochet cardigan I started for myself has had to be undone twice, think I'll stick to blankets for a bit. My husband said he couldn't see the mistakes but I could.
I'm going to start reducing my meds next week when we have a quiet week planned and see how it goes. Poppet is right, I will have to do it slowly as I have been on Tramadol for a long time. I want to get rid of the brain fog but don't want withdrawal symptoms!
I'm also going to start taking echinacea again, my uncle is visiting from Brisbane in May/June - I hope he doesn't bring us this new avian flu as a present. Our weather has changed over the last 2 days, the sun has been shining and my little garden has gone mad. Daffodils, hyacinths, two different violets all in flower and the tulips are now in bud. It lifts the spirits wonderfully!
Take care of yourselves, everybody.
Anne
 
Nannyannie....

I could do with some Daffodils, hyacinths, two different violets all in flower and the tulips they certainly do lift the spirits wonderfully!

How about a photo?
 
Nannyannie That would be great to have some pictures. This morning I was sitting waiting for my medicane to work and I looked out to my patio that has some flowers and a little hummenbird came and went to every blooming flower. It was so wonderful to see the little guy. I love Mother Nature, I had forgotten how wonderful it was to watch. I hope more come and help themselves with the flowers. It really started my day in most wonderful way. Please take care and do enjoy your garden. Tashia
 
Poppet. Hope you are taking some day off and doing nothing but resting. We are having wonderful weather but tomorrow the wind is going to blow again so I will have to take my wind chimes down until the wind calmes down. Take care. :friends: Tashia :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: Here are some flowers that don't need anything but love.
 
Hi Tash, just popping in to see how you are doing....I haven't been around the past couple of days. I see you mentioned getting company, are you having people to stay or just visiting, whatever it is I know you will enjoy having folk around.

Take it easy
Ann.x.
 
Anniepops, My daughter is coming and her husband. So nice to have them to come. I'm not sure what we are going to do but good to see them. Started with a good day then it turned very sad. We had a bombing in the US today so a bit upset about it. Sad that people feel they have to do this. Please take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom