THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Today was a very raining day and very cold. The hips did better than the knees. Now at night I am tender and wishing that the rain would really come down so I would have a excuse to take a easy. I did go out today and drive in the rain. It really was fun! Tonight I am sore in the left hip and knee. The swelling is also going down so one leg is normal with the left still swollen. But is getting better. Tomorrow I will drive again to get a hair cut. Oh, my I need one so bad. Everyone do take care with the rain and snow that is hitting the US. I don't know if the other places are experiences bad weather. But with the holidays here do be careful and go slow. Tashia
 
Glad your joints are starting to feel better, you will feel so much better after your haircut!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@pumpkin, The biggest problem is sleeping. I have heard that is normal after stop taking pain pills. I hope that it passes soon. It really rained today and I was so glad that I didn't have any problems driving. I hope that you Pumpkin that you got some snow. Take care. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia,
It sounds like you are suffering from the winter blues too. I just had my right replaced on Oct. 6th. I am still one crutch and use a cane around the house. We just need some patience to let our body heal. I know for me that is the hardest part. But just think how wonderful we will feel by next spring! We will be pain free with a new hip to scoot around on. For the winter blues, sit in front of a sunny window and soak in the sun. Close your eyes and feel the bright warm sun hit your face. Think about the garden and what you will plant. Think of walking and the birds singing. Warm happy thoughts will get you thru the winter. Iive in Mn. Yuck!!!
Hugs and good wishes to you. Bobbi
 
@bobbi, Thanks for the concern. I have been fighting some pain. I got drug free and now dealing with some hight blood pressure also. So glad that we all can be in the sun when we can. In fact the sun is shining right now so I must get out in it. Take care and be safe. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia,
I have read most of your posts on your progress. I can't believe how much we have in common as far as healing and all the stuff we had to deal with. The sweats, ect. One thing I understand is the knees vs. the hips. I agree, the knees were easier. I had both of them replaced about 4 years ago, and it was a fast healing process. The docs made me the poster child for knee replacement. lol. I can relate to you. The sleeping all day. Thats another one. I couldn't believe how much I slept. I'm still sleeping 9 hours a night. Walking on a crutch is hard work I guess.
Hang in there! We are all in this together!
 
@bobbi, I am so glad that we have each other so we can give each other surport and make it. Take care and God Bless, Tashia
 
Today was a day to get into the car and do all I need to do. We have a big storm coming and so all the stuff needs to get done before the rain comes. I do still need to get some food then I will be ready for the storm. The weather channel is saying that floods are coming and strong wind. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about the wind and the rain. If I was still in the house, I had a big tree and the bigger the tree the harder it falls. I don't have to worry because all the problem will be the apartments problems. I can do the rest and then get in the place and just listen to the wind. Be safe with all the storms coming in the US. Of couse all of you thru out the world. Take care and stay safe. Tashia
 
So thrilled you are out and about driving @tashia honey. I know how much this means to you - freedom - go girl you rock! xxxxx
 
@Poppet , Today is shopping day and to finish all the things I need to do. Last night the electic did have some problems. We didn't lose it but it might be a warning. Whatever it going to be, is going to be. Just have today and that is it. My hips are doing great and so are my knees. It is a cold day and no sun. Well, I need to go and eat and enjoy my driving. So glad to be drug free! Take care and stay safe.
 
Today is a beautiful day. Is it quiet before the storm? Well, we will see. We have snow, rain and wind warning all over the West. Will it develop? Have all the errand done so now at home and not hurting. Both knees and hips are doing great. Now sleeping most of the night then getting into car and driving in the day. Getting to know my area again and feeling great because of being drug free. It is such a great feeling. It was so worth all the moments spent to prepare for the drug free life. I am still processing all the events that happen and ready to move on to my new life. The sun just came out so all is well. The garden people came today and cleaned up all the leaves so ready for Winter. Everyone take care with all the storms thru out the world. Tashia
 
Today has been rain. Lots and Lots of rain. Now is the flooding but not in my area, Thank Goodness. I hear that the mountains have really some wind to deal with. I pray that everyone is ok and still dry and very safe. Take care. God Bless, Tashia
 
Well It has been a interesting week with all the rain. Still very dry and driving a lot. Put on lots of miles on the car and having a blast. The knees and hips have good moments and bad. Still having some trouble sleeping thru the whole night. All the problems will pass I know. I hope that everyone is putting themselves first. God Bless, Tashia
 
So pleased you are out and about driving Tashia. Your normal sleeping pattern will come, then there will be no stopping you x
 
@Poppet, The trouble I do have sometime is patience. I have been thru so much I sometime get so impatience. I have to remember that it wasn't overnight getting here so why would it be overnight to be well? So just patience is now my focus and doing one Day at a time! With all the storms it has been ruff. I got all the tests back from the doctor and all is well so just time will take care of everything! I hope all is well with you!

:reindeerlights: and :merry christmas:. Tashia:chrissy grin:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom