THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Had lunch with a friend today and then got what I need to take on my trip. Then took a wonderful nap. My knees and hips are doing GREAT. Almost at the end of the journey. Tashia
 
Today is a little ruff. I am getting nerves for my trip. Just think a month, wow that is long. Well lots of beautiful weather and a great place to be. Almost all packed. Talk to you later. Take care. Tashia
 
Well the day is almost gone and all is quiet. Everything is ready. Every day is going by so quickly because I am busy doing things instead of being in pain. Finally, out of the after surgrey pain. Oh, how long I have waited for these minutes. What is the first thing I will do is a hard one. I am getting more limber as I move around more and do more. Finally I see the light at the end enstead of a train. I know that I might have days that I will hurt but when the storms came in I don't remember hurting much or even hurting. This is what its all about. The waiting is so worth it. Everyday I get stronger I can get on the floor easier than the day before. I do hope that those that are still waiting will have the courage to wait. Then remember go slow. Rest. Ice. and Pain control. This is a very slow recover but if done right Its so great. I know the pain is hard and painful but the minute you get rid of the bone on bone that pain is gone. And a new life you now have. Remember to take care of the new joints, they will serve you well but first the area must heal. take care. Tashia
 
Thank you both for coming and wishing me well. When I get back I will post all about it and tell you about all the colors. Tashia
 
Wishing you a fabulous trip @tashia....you so deserve it! A month ! That's so lovely....enjoy it all & you can regale us with all the details ( and we want to know everything!) on your return. Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Everyone, I am back and I hope that all is well. I will write more after getting some sleep and get caught up with being back. Everyone I hope that all of you are putting yourself as number 1. You all deserve it! Tashia
 
I am still tired and sore with the storm moving in. I am so much better without the pain medication and it seems tylenol is taking care of the pain that is remaining. I will write more later when I am more rested. Take care and make sure to take care of the Holidays. Remember you have had very ruff surgrey and need to take care and go slow. Do not get stress out its not worth it. God Bless. Tashia
 
Hi @tashia , good to see you back here safe and sound. Take care and rest up. We look forward to hearing all about your trip!
 
Today is really raining and all is well. Now that I am totally drug free I can drive when I want. It feels so good to be without all the pain pills.

To get off the Morphine and the other two drugs was ruff. Even thou I had to take subtion I missed it but had to take it for about a week. I also got a cold and it was ruff. In fact it put me in the hospital because I was so weak. I spent 2 and half days in the hospital but then I went back to rehab.

I started taking pain pills in 2010 and was at times able to get off them myself. But at the very end I did need help to get off all the meds. I do realize that because I needed four surgeries it made me have more problems to get off all the way without help.

Now that I am totally drug free I am so happy, its been a long time since I could say that. I can now drive whenever I want. It is so GREAT! The first day of getting home I drove and almost cried when I realized that I could that at any time. I still am having some trouble sleeping and some hurting in the left hip. But has gotten better since I don't have to sit through any classes. Part of the detrox was attending lots of classes. I found them not for me. The place was set up for drug depentent people and not people like me. They didn't make any special arrangement for me to not attend all the classes which caused lots of pain in the hips and the knees. Also I was required to go hiking up a hill a couple of times. This however did feel good to walk instead of sitting.

I must say I never have been a person who could sit for over a half hour so this was really trying. We also had lots of homework which I found again not for me. So what is my option to go to a drug rehab place to become off the drugs knowing that most all of the classes didn't apply to me? Well I guess I now know more about Street drugs than I did before. Is this good? I don't think so but it did give me a insight of what is happening on the streets.

The staff was good and bad. But before It was over I was able to become friends with them. Most of them also shared that they didn't have the right program for me. I did share that more people are having hip replacment and that they needed to become more educated in this.

Is there any place to help people to get of the pain medication? I don't know of any.

It wasn't all bad, I did meet some very nice people and got to listen to some great music at night. That I really enjoyed. The food was also GREAT. If anyone is having trouble getting off the medication, I would love to talk to you about it. It is very ruff to do yourself if the body is used to the pain medication after taking it for a long time. It varies from person to person. Remember I had four surgeries which is lot different from having just one.

In all I was gone for almost a month. It was good and bad depending on what was going on. I did lose more weight which was GREAT! The food was so good. It was a ranch setup so all the food was very fresh and was cooked just right.

Well I know I did not go into great deal of my recovery. If anyone would like more details please let me know and we will work it out so that more information will be given. I do pray that everyone is able to get off their pain medication without the body becoming dependent on having it. This does not make you a addict because other factors must happen for addiction to take place.

Take care and please be safe with all the storms in the world. I know this is the holiday time so everyone make sure you pace yourself like I need to do. My hips are better today and so are the knees. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tashia, I'm so proud of you. You did it!!! You are a shining star and I'm absolutely certain your experiences will be helpful to others here on BoneSmart when and if you are willing to share more details about what you went through. Sadly, I think you're right that almost all drug rehab programs are geared toward the real addiction to street drugs that is rampant in our society these days. That's a shame because I have a feeling there are legions of folks who could use support in getting off pain medication from many years of taking them for a medical problem. With all the emphasis on not prescribing them (even when people truly need them for pain), one would think there would be equal focus on helping anyone who needed this special assistance.

So, consider that you now have some very special knowledge and experience that can help people!!! You do.

Now rest up and then get out there and enjoy this beautiful life you have ahead of you!!!
 
Welcome back, Tashia! It sounds like you are doing real well and I know things will only get better. You are such a lifeline and an inspiration for other members on the forum. It's great to see you back here, sharing your experience and knowledge with others.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
Great to see you back here @tashia ! And thanks for sharing your experience. I am certain other members will benefit from your insight. Take care and enjoy your driving!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
@tashia, so good to hear that you're back on the road again and loving it! Congrats on making it through the rehab program and your personal success! You're a wonderful role model for patience and persistence.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
 
Thanks you all for coming to my sight. It means so much to me. Yes, it was very hard to get drug free but so worth it. Last night I sleep most of the night and sleep till I was ready to get into my car and take on the day. God Bless everyone and do take care. Tashia
 
Trying to catch up with people after the long holiday weekend. You've really been through a lot but it sounds like you're doing well now. It sounds like the new hip was put to the test but did ok. :thumb:
 
Yes, it did get a big test. Now that I am home I have been able to get out of the horrible pain caused by all that sitting. With the weather it also has been a challenge to deal with the pain. I do feel that this winter will be the hardest because the hip is not yet a year old. I love the driving that I have been able to do whenever I want. If you are taking pain medication I don't think you should be driving. With the holidays lots of DUI traps are set up and if you are taking pain medication and choose to drive, you go thru one the change of being arrested for driving under the influence will be greatly increase! We have enough problems without this problem so please don't do it. Take care and God Bless! Tashia
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom