Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

@tashia honey, have you had an X-ray to be sure everything is ok? - do look after yourself sweet lady xx
 
@tashia, not good news about the fall and hip fracture. Take care of yourself. You've come too far to let it go now!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So sorry you've had that fall @tashia.... Do take it easy & let that fracture heal properly.... How scary for you.... Thinking of you.... Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tashia ... I was so happy to read that you got to take a vacation finally ... then I just read about your fall! So sorry. You do not deserve that (well, no one does) ... but after all your surgeries, this is the last straw. Please let us know how you are doing and please just rest and take care of yourself. Sending healing thoughts your way.
 
Thanks everyone. I have really been feeling down since the fall. Then this morning I found myself in a asma attack. I had forgotten all about the smoke when I got back. I do know I got very tired which is a smytom of a Asma attack which I didn't pick up. I so seldom have trouble now that I have moved here so I don't look for it. Dumb me. Well I am now taking my Asma medication and feeling better. Still trying to bet the blues which is another symtoms. Boy did I blow this one. the hip is feeling good but am going to the doctor this week to make sure. I am still sore but not too bad. I am also getting my medication back on schedule which has helped. I also have been having a head ache which is another symton of Asma. I now have it under control. Thank God my medication for Asma were all still good. I will get them all refilled this week also. I have some holloween decoration up and looks cute. I guess this year is spiders for decoration and ghost are the theme. Also did some driving today after my head clearned and the fresh air helped. Not too smokey in the air. I drove around the college campus that I am close to. It realling look nice. I will have to see what they offer. I now am alone too much and need to change that. I also need to take classes on ballance. I know that bending over like I did was wrong but I just have to start letting people do things for me. Well another week of getting myself back in shape. I must do something about my regualar doctor. I just don't know what to do about him. Open season is coming up and I have a change to get a differenct medical company which means different doctor or find one in the one I have. I almost at the finish and I feel almost like I starting over. I know it isn''t but this is so frustrating. Everyone do take care and stay safe from all the fires and the smoke. Tashia
 
Jaycey, The doctor told me just to lay low and take a easy. Make sure that the pain is controlled and in about a month the hip should be healed. This is a very rocky road that I am on. Ups and down, Darn but I will be ok. Tashia
 
Hang in there, Tashia! There's more traveling for you to do, so take it slow and steady so you can get strong.
Take care and let us know how you are.
 
@Peaches, I know things take time, I am just so tired doing this for such a long time. There are so many places I do want to go and so many quilts I want to make so going slow is the speed. Thanks for coming and saying Hi. Tashia
 
Talked to my doctor and he said that the x ray doctor wasn't sure it was broken. The hip is tender with muscle sore but not the bone area. I don't have lots of pain so I think it really scared me. It was a bad fall but I did remember to relax as I was going down. I need to get back up and thank God for protecting me and start recovering again. I just talked to a friend and told me I need a dog to take care of and the love that they give. Its been so long that I have had a pet, and I remembered the last time I lost a dog I told myself not to wait too long. I need life around me. I really am in fear right now. The trip was great and now in the dumps. My stomach was horrible this morning but now is better, I hope that it the way up. I need to know that God will take care of me. this is just another path I am about to take and I must grab His Hand and say Off we go!


Remember you are very important and you are number one on your list of people who you need to take care of. Tashia
 
Sorry you feel so fearful @tashia...it must have been very frightening ...good job you had the presence of mind to relax as you fell. Do hope that you manage to get your confidence back & perhaps a wee little doggy friend will be good! Do take care....sending lots of healing vibes...love & hugs from the UK....Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Am very sorry for this setback, @tashia ... you've been through so much already, this new thing doesn't seem fair. But keep your thoughts on future trips, maybe a new dog, all the fun things you want to do. You will get there. I know that's easier said than done when you are feeling so low. Take care and know we are all thinking of you and wishing for a fast recovery from this.
 
@Hoppy Nanny and @Peaches , Thank you for the wonderful words. Now on the third day new pain is coming. I know everything is ok, it just got me when I was very concerned and upset with the way things are going. My stomach is a little better tonight and feeling more centered. I have phyical therepy Thrusday. If things are still not right I sure the physical therispt can help. Got a new caregiver and she is very nice and we get along. She is now in my life for a short time and is very postive which is very good for me. She likes to decorate which is cool. I did lose two and I now think it was a very good thing. Take care and make sure you put yourself first. Tashia
 
@tashia so sorry you are struggling! Just remember this is just a bump in the road - a slight detour! You'll get there!
 
Tashia, you had a fall? Oh how horrid! I think that's something all of us with metal joints fear. I am so relieved you're okay.
It was a bad fall but I did remember to relax as I was going down.
Honey, even a small fall can shake you up - quite literally! Imagine if you kicked a big bucket of jello - would it shake and shimmer? That's what happens to us when we fall and that shudder that goes through us causes something we talk about a lot on here - the Energy drain and that can last ages. So don't be surprised oru down hearted about it. Basically it just proves that a) we are human and b) WE'RE STILL ALIVE!!

[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
 
oh @tashia. what a drag to have fallen. but it sounds like you're going to be ok. I can still hear your optimism shining thru at least. probably that energy drain that Josephine is talking about could account for some of the feelings of depression. hope you're 'out and about' before too long.
 
Josephine, I got a new caregiver and I think its going to helps so much. I have her for a day. I decided to one day over just morning so I can get done. Nothing is planned the next day so I can just crash. She loves to design so this will help me so much. I also feel I can talk to her and let her know how I feel. I just feel so disappointed to be still where I at and not further along the road. I know I had lots of surgies and I very concernd on my health. On Tuesday there is a class that focuses on health and exercise. I also joined again my health club which will be so great to get back in. I really want to become active and get back in life. I did enjoy my travel so much. Now to get driving and again little trips are needed. I had no idea how much of life I had lost but now I am going up the recovery hill and I can see the top. Thank you so much for being here and help me when I am down. You are a dear friend. Tashia
 
Oh dear @tashia you are in my thoughts and prayers! I remember falling not long after my THR, it's not just the thump as you fall - it's the "what damage have I done now?" that goes through your mind, over and over! I was fine, more shocked than anything. I love Jo's image of the Jello, it certainly describes what happens to your insides. No wonder we feel wobbly after a fall! Rest, have that nap when you need it and enjoy what you are able to do (even if it is only thinking about what you could sew next.)
Big hugs from the UK
Anne
 
@Nannyannie , Thank you so much to come and see me. I also love Jo's image and believe it or not it really helped me trying to get going again. Life does have its ups and downs and this is just one of them. I did do some cleaning today and felt good afterwards so I am on the mend. I no dought feel because I had done way to much on Monday and then Tuesday. Now we have some heat moving in so I will have to be careful and not to get to tired. I am so ready for Fall. Hows are the leaves changing in UK? Tashia
 
@tashia I'm so glad the caregiver is a nice person, that you are feeling like you're a little more optimistic. I hope the PT on Thurs. goes well and you have someone who is helpful. "Take it slow" might be the last thing you want to do right now, but you know how it goes. Slow and steady. Your head sounds like it's in the right place. Take care.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom