Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

@Poppet, It is so good to be where I am at. I hope that you are doing well too and taking some naps whenever you can. I can hardly wait to see the blanket you are doing. Spring is coming and soon you can be in your garden and plant your garden. I know you love this. Love ya. Tashia
 
You are getting there @tashia....do hope the doc can relieve your depression...it can pull you down.....so envious of all you crafters....I have not one good craft bone in my body!! Or perhaps it's my lack of patience! Take care...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Tashia, just caught up a little on your recent rocky road. Wishing you the very, very best == and more better healing. Who designed these dang joints, anyway??
 
Poppet. I agree to what you said. I am at the end of my journey and just have a few things to do and then I will set. When I get back from my trip I will know when I am at the finish. I will see how my Kids will do with different weather. It really rain a lot there so we will see how the joints like the rain and cold or it could be hot and muggy. We will see. The plane ride is around 5 hours so I hope the joints will accept the sitting. I do have a set in the front of the plane so I hope that helps. Also my chair will be bigger. Thank God. Well I have more washing to do so I can fiquare out what to take. Love to hear from you . Love ya Tashia
 
@Happy Nanny, I think everyone has talent but it does take time to develop it. Sewing takes a lifetime and I will still not know everything. In fact the more I sew, the more I find I don't know but that is the fun of it. I like the challenge of it. Then to give the quilts away also makes me feel great. I also do cermic and really love working with clay. I make little people and flowers, ets. Its different enough from sewing that it makes it exciting. I use to paint but haven't in years. Maybe someday I will again. It keep me out of trouble but its hard of the poket pruse. What kind of things do you love to do? Take care and be careful. Tashia
 
@debkakes , Thank you for coming to my sight. I think God made the joints. But I misused them and thats what got me in trouble. I did have fun doing it so I guess it's ok. If I knew what I was going have to go thru I might of done things a little different. To Late now. Take care. Tashia
 
I had a great day by taking me out to dinner and had a great meal. The day was not warm. In fact it had a little chill in the air. Then went for a little drive. Now I am getting ready for a trip and when I get back, back to business. I will be so glad to start getting some schedule. I have been without one for so long I don't even know what one is. I still find that I need lots of rest but I have to remember my hip is only six months this month. Its so great to be where I am. I am still not going out much and I think its now more habit that not being able to. As for friends I don't even know if they are worth it here. They didn't even bother calling or seeling me in the hospital and thats with having 4 surgies. I was taught that if you were a friend that you were surpose to be there for them no matter what. Well things have changed or its not true any more. I did find lots of new things to do but is it worth it? Isn't that sad to even to be thinking this. I think that we are so much pain from the joints and the surgries that our energy level goes to 0 and we just don't have any engery to engage someone who has disapeared from Our lives. I know it take two ways but you mind a little help here. We all have been very ill with this and cutting us some slack would be needed. Well I guess I have diffetly come out of this as a total difference person. I need to really sit down and look at what I need. Take care and be safe. I know the weather is doing some ruff stuff so be careful. Tashia
 
hi @tashia . dropped in to say hi. sorry your friends disappointed you. sometimes people have a hard time being too close to pain and difficulty. I hope you get thru this time and come out happier. you sound like a very caring person and luckily, like I say about myself, you seem to enjoy your own company. have a great trip. devorah
 
@dickinson , Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have been on vacation and I didn't take my computer which I now is a mistake. I didn't want to deal with it on the plane. I sure hope every thing is ok. I sure don't like what is going on over there so please stay safe. I worry about you being there and also your family. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Stay Safe My Friend. :friends: Lot of Hugs coming your way. :console2::flwrysmile: Tashia
 
Hi @tashia. Do hope you had a great vacation! Sorry you feel a little let down by your friends. I think most of us experience that feeling. Those that you think will help often disappoint...shame! I've grown to like my own company more during recovery...not a bad thing. Hope you will be able to get out more soon.
I've just got back from Germany...my hip was fab...sadly my knee let me down and I've been in a lot of pain....seen doc & waiting for an X-Ray......joy! These bodies of ours!keep well honey..love Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
hi @tashia. well I hope your vacation was great and that you can ease back into a nice schedule. I love being retired and basically just doing what I choose. and I also, as @Hoppy Nanny said, enjoy my own company. altho I do have some wonderful friends and family. as I mentioned somewhere, things are calm here now, but it's all quite uncertain, like everywhere now. thanks for asking.
 
@Hoppy Nanny , I am so glad that you got to go on a trip. Too bad about hurting I really hope its nothing but as we get older we do seem to come apart at the seams. Keep me posted on it. All the joints did great. I still am stiff in the morning but that is it. I must admit that we are so lucky to be able to get put back together again so we can take out and have fun. Take care and please be careful and rest that joint that is hurting. Tashia
 
@dickinson , Thank you for coming here and posting and letting me know all is well. Stay safe. Tashia
 
Today was so great. I got to rest and then I took out and was gone for over three hours. When I got home I was a little sore but not bad. The minute I put the legs up they stopped hurting and I was able to relax. Boy has it been a long time since I could say that. I feel that my life has returned to normal . The life I had was not acceptable at all. Now that I can be on the feet for over three hours I can go places and TRAVEL. That felt so good. Just think of it being able to have fun and not hurt while having it. I was looking for some flowers and didn't find them so I will have to go again and try to find them tomorrow. I do want to go and start attending a chorus which I think will be lots of fun. I also want to start having my messages again. Oh how I miss being able to get into a car and take out and not come back for a couple of days. But that is coming. Now I get to play. Also start driving some distances and that is all what this is about. Being able to be your self and do what you want to do and help people because you can. Everyone do be careful with the fires that are out there. It is really bad. Stay safe. Tashia
 
Hi @tashia - taking a little time to catch up on Bonesmartie friends, I can't believe I am coming up to 2 years since my RTHR! Yes, I set off the alarms at the airport earlier this year when we had a trip to Tenerife (and when I use the "comfort" room at our local supermarket!) but I now forget that a bit of me is titanium.
You sound to be doing so well now, being able to get out and about makes such a difference to our well-being.
Love from Anne
 
@Nannyannie , Getting out is soo great. Now that I can fly and drive I feel so free. I remember that I have lots of titanium and so when I apoach the machine I always tell them I will set it off big time. With four replacements let it ring. Its not a big thing, I now expect it at any time. Time does fly by fast after the joints heal and you forget you have them. My hips I forget almost all the time but the knees I still do. They are getting better so I expect them to be forgotten sometime. Good to see you and see that you are doing fine. Take care and keep having fun. Tashia
 
Today I lost one of my caregiver. He said that he won't be coming any more. I am sad for this because I wanted to take him out for lunch and do something special on the last day. I thought I got to decide when the last day would be. All so the wrong caregiver came to take me to my night meetings. So today will be trying to get all the right caregivers on the right days. I am cutting down greatly but I still need that at night for driving. It is so great to be so free. My feet have gotten better but still need to be looked at. I got my new shoes and that is helping me greatly. Now just a few things and I will be finished with this. I will still come here and help the new comers. Your life changes greatly but in the long run its great. In a couple of months I will be writing my story. I will have to think about it because I still not 100 percent ready to go. Take care and please be careful with the smoke. Tashia
 
Sorry about the loss of your caregiver @tashia.....it would have been good to be your choice of when.....but life seems to take over our decisions! It sounds like you are getting back to normal honey....that's so good. Looking forward to reading your story when it's written......xxxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thrusday I fell and did hurt myself. I have many bruises and a small fracture on the left hip. Not very happy at all. Feeling down about it but getting better. Take care. Tashia
 
@tashia Gosh be careful my friend. Hope you are OK! What are they doing for the hip fracture. Prayers for you!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom