Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Just for today I will be greatful that I am now living without pain. When I do have pain I will remember to use Ice and elevation to break the pain. I know that right now there are many that are in pain for many reason. I tired messages and acupunture. Also I have leaned that watching birds can help make the minutes of pain less painful. Remember this pain is not forever. Take care. Tashia
 
It has also come to my attention and this is only me speaking, I leaned that if I go out for too long I will come home in pain. That is sometimes but now mostly a mith, I am so trying to get my life back and I have found that I lost my will for doing things so long ago that I need to slowly get them back. First I gave up traveling because it hurt too much to do it. I finally gave it up. I now need to say that is in the past and I now need to travel even if its just a trip to the store or go out for lunch with a friend. I do have some trips coming up and I am going by myself but to meet family members. Then I plan to go back to classes because I love to learn. I have some lined up. I also found that some people were not nice. These people need to be forgotten and me to move on to meet the people I would like to be around. Each morning I find more strenght to doing or wanting to do something. I think right now I am impatiience because I am just not totally finished and that is hard on me. This hip is doing great and I really don't know where I am on the healing. The first hip was done and had so much pain and my knees were horrible full of pain so all of me hurt so I don't have any idea on how long it took. This is fushtraigng I hope you get my meaning. I would like a idea on when will I be able to get out there and get my stoamach settled down. I only had this in February and how long does it take I don't know. I am so bored. I need to ge back into life. Have fun and be around fun people. I do the following things now.

I sleep thru the nights.
I can go for a walk
I can go up strairs
I can go to computer class
I can get fully dressed and that means the shoes too.
Drive

I still need to work on
getting less medication in my body.
Wish I knew when I could get off them.
fear less fear about going out at night.
Work on dressing better and looking better
Its everday stuff I know but when I started getting the first knee done I couldn't walk a block because I hurt so bad. Gave up goint to class because it just wasted worth it.
Would not drive because of taking drugs, so got isolated. This the biggest problem and still is. Good news working on it and its getting better. At 6 months plan of a trip to the ocean or the montains with me. this is my goal. We will see. take care and please don't give up. Its so worth the fight to get well.
Take care and remember You come first. Tashia

Tashia, you and I have a lot in common. I've had both my hips replaced and I am having my 1st knee replaced in September. The 2nd one to follow sometime thereafter. We will both be practically bionic, right?
After my hips were done, I wondered why I still wasn't able to walk like the "old me"...then I put 2+2 together and realized my knees are hindering my recovery. I pray that when I get my first knee done, that I finally see the results I wanted for my hips. My hips don't bother me that bad; don't get me wrong. Just a little ache here and there. Thankfully, I am highly sensitive to prescription pain killers. I don't take anything anymore.
I wish you all the best and I encourage you to go on out there and try to start creating the life you deserve.

Best regards,
Robyn
 
@robyn, Thank you so much for coming to my site. You are right we do have some things in common. When things get hard to do you do stop doing them. I to am try to get back on the saddle again. Did I understand that you are going to have your knees done at some time? Please don't wait too long. The recovery is easier when the joints aren't so bad they hurt 24 hours a day. When we were babies we took one step at a time and now its time to do that again. We will make and also make the lives we want and deserve. Tashia
 
I also meant to include that I like to quilt and do machine embroidery. Yes, my right knee is scheduled for Sept. 8th, 2014 and I was SUPPOSED to have the customized ConforMIS knee but my insurance is saying they won't cover it so I'm back to having the traditional knee replacement system. I mostly have trouble walking long distances. For some reason, certain seats or seated positions aggravate my left hip & upper thigh area. It doesn't ache all the time, only occasionally.
 
Please be careful. You don't want to get it swolllen and angrey, I set a timer when I sew so I don't sit too long, It really helps and so does ice. Take care. Tashia
 
So far the week is ok. I went to the doctor and got put on High blood pressure bills. I am ok with this until I get my life back. I do feel more calm. Also I notice that my knees don't hurt as much. They could of been holding some water. Glad to be alive. Take care. Tashia
 
Today my hip is 5 months old and doing so much better than the first hip. It is still tender and sometime stiff but overall GREAT! My knees are also much better. I now feel I am getting at the end. but being at the end doesn't mean it will be all done tomorrow. It will still takes some months. This is why I think I get so bored and nerves. I know that it took years for the hips to get that bad but life was still partly happening. Its when your life comes to an stop when you have the surgrey that you relize how much doing things have come to a big halt and now you have to start from the bottom to get going again. I am now on water pills for blood presser and doing great. I also have found that I have calmed down and feeling better. The heat is here so not much is hapening. Staying low and not doing much. Everyone do be careful with all the weather out there. Take care and Happy Bithday to my new hip of 5 months. Winter says HI. Tashia
 
Today in Chruch my hip gave me some pain. It happens once in a while. I think I went up the steps wrong and tonight its fine. I am so glad I had them done. I didn't like the path I had to take but it went so well I was really lucky. One of the sercets is a good doctor and team. Boy was I lucky. The only complant is the nursey homes. The last one was terriable. The food was horrible and so was getting my pain medication. I started this journey in 2010 and now just finished the last hip. The hip is now 5 months old and doing great. It still get swells once in a while but for the most it great. Still wish I could drive more and go out more at night but I know it will come. Everyone take care and do what you need to do to get well and get your life back. As I said I still have some work to do with medication but that is the issure and the main focus. I hope that it is short and quick and that be it. Take care and make sure you rest. Tashia
 
Today was a good day and one day closer to getting rid of the medication. I talk to him this week. I need to have my life back. Being able to drive any time I want or that sounds so wonderful. I am a little scared about how painful is might be. I have done all the steps to get to this point. I need to get me some new shoes. It time. Boy has this been a jouney. I will ask for prays because I am scared of the unknown. My kids are all excited because they want to be able to do whatever I want and they want ( Mom is still in charge but they do want to go and see the world. My blood pressure is not the best, I think its the worry of the unknown. Is there anyone out there that has taken pain pills for over 5 years? Its so great that I sleep thru the night, I can go up stairs without any help. Except for the drugs I feel great. I even starting to look for that dog so we can go for walks and play. I will miss my caregivers but I know they are doing wonderful work and thank God that they are here to help. I will be able to show the ocean to the kids and to walk in the sand. Oh how I wait for those days. God Bless you all. May all have a good night. Tashia
 
@Poppet , Yes I do my day is coming. Its been very lone and stressful. I am so lucky to have the doctors I have and Had. I do wish I could be in more contract with my hip speclist but that is how he does it. If nothing wrong you don't see him.

I like the new site. The spacing of the post are great so you can see them without any trouble. I do see more advertising which I could do without but I know its important so thats ok. Now lets see how the fun part came out. :snork: Well there is laughter:wave:I can say HI. Oh if I have to use this:headbang:. I like the ant it reminds me that it is summer and they are out.:heehee:. Well all is well. Take care my dear friend and stay well. Love Tashia
 
Great update!
Happy to see you on the way to recovery. And on your way to the beach.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks Poppet and Pumpkin, I have just spent my 68th birthday with my Daughter and her husband and did a wonderful time visiting. We just got back seeing a movie where they serve your meal while you watch the moving.It was a good funny movie, I will no dought see it again. It has lots of funny things and you need to see it more than one to get all the lines. Yesterday was a little ruff. Started eating at a place that hard donutes for the Birthday Girl, Me of cource. Then went to a Art gallery and enjoyed seeing some Art. Then the trolley ride. Oh how I love to ride tollies. After going over to an Island we had a lovely tour of some friends garden and house then went to the ocean just to hang out. Then went to a very nice restrant and had some very good fish. Then returned home very tired and sore. My left knee, Summer had some strees with all the walking and Winter got got very stressed out sitting so long on very hard chairs. In all, all the Kids had lots of fun on the plane. Since it was winter first ride he was a little scared but settled down after a while and all was fine. This afternoon we went to a sewinging shop that was wonderful. It has the most beautiful fabric and patterns. They had a displayed of on of the local artist that was so beautiful it took your breath away. After that all of us took a long nap which we all needed. Now back home where lots needs to be done. I am a little concened about getting off all the medication but God hasn't let me down yet so it will be ok. The Kids are concened also but they trust their Mom so its ok. Well I need to do more reading and then pack for the returned tripped . I don't know if I will post in the morning because I will be busy. In the evening I will be tired and trying to get all my stuff for the week to be ready. I hope everyone had as pleasent weekend as I did. Enjoyed it with your family and friend. God Bless.
 
Had a very good day and no trouble with the joints. I really feel that I am toward the end. It has been hot but will cool down this weekend so that is good. It was so good to get out of town. Everyone do take care and have a good weekend. Tashia
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
@tashia, so happy that you had a very happy birthday with family. Change of scenery is always a spirit lifter----and makes home look so good when you get back.

Take care. We care.
 
Thanks for the card, @bottomshollow, It does help to get away and have no problems with knees or hips. I have been away from this site because I was having trouble using it. I sure they know that already. I have been very busy trying to get the apartment cleaned up now that I can do it. Have a major trip coming up in September and hope it goes as well as this last one. I still am working on the pain pills. It sure taking long but will be so glad when I am totally off them. I hope that your Husband is doing ok and now even better than before. The summer here has been hot them we cool off, Thank goodness. Looking forward to Fall. Take care. Tashia
 
I am trying to decide how to get these drugs out of my system. I am having trouble taking less and no side effects. Looking at my options. Tried a drug rehab and I have a appointment tomorrow to see what they have. As I write this I don't want to scare anyone. I had to have four replacements not one over a 4 year period and that is a lot. I put the surgeries off too long and the joints were a mess and by waiting it made the surgeries with more problems . I was told to have a knee replacement over 10 years ago and I decided to wait. Waiting too long makes it worse and more of a chance to have a longer recovery. However, having said this, my left hip has been great. It is the best recovery over any of the others. But the last one was the most painful pain after surgery. I do think that my body was so tired after having all these, one more was almost too much. Now living with almost no pain I will say all of it was worth every painful moment.

If I have one thing I have learned is have the replacement when the doctor says you need one. Also one more thing pain control is so important. You heal better if you are not in pain. Also your sleep gets better quicker if the pain is controled. I am now 5 months and doing great. I do tire easy but that is the biggest complaint. I also need to lay down and take a nap daily to keep all swelling down and pain down. I will write my story when it is completely drug free and I feel like I have recoverd. I do realize that it will take another year to recover fully but the story will hopefully come before the new year. Everyone do take care of yourselves because you are so important. Take care. God Bless Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
@tashia, you are such a trooper. You have been through so much yourself, but have concerned yourself with such kindness and care for others on the forum. I'm so happy that things are truly getting better and better for you. I know in my heart that you will work your way through being able to get off all the drugs. You've had to take them for so long---

[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
We love you and are rooting for you. Take care, we care.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing Tashia. It must have been very difficult for you to handle all this and you are very brave. Good luck with your appointment. I am truly happy for your success!
 
Back
Top Bottom