THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

I wish he would share a little of it so we have a idea. Of course I might read it wrong and head in the wrong direction. I would like to get well enough so I could teach quilting. I need to learn more about other machines so if there is a problem I could help the student. First I must get all the joints working together which they do pretty good already. I noitice today with the heat they felt good. We are really having lots of heat right now. Summer is here. Ug. I know its Winter there, I hope you are doing ok. Take care. Tashia
 
It has also come to my attention and this is only me speaking, I leaned that if I go out for too long I will come home in pain. That is sometimes but now mostly a mith, I am so trying to get my life back and I have found that I lost my will for doing things so long ago that I need to slowly get them back. First I gave up traveling because it hurt too much to do it. I finally gave it up. I now need to say that is in the past and I now need to travel even if its just a trip to the store or go out for lunch with a friend. I do have some trips coming up and I am going by myself but to meet family members. Then I plan to go back to classes because I love to learn. I have some lined up. I also found that some people were not nice. These people need to be forgotten and me to move on to meet the people I would like to be around. Each morning I find more strenght to doing or wanting to do something. I think right now I am impatiience because I am just not totally finished and that is hard on me. This hip is doing great and I really don't know where I am on the healing. The first hip was done and had so much pain and my knees were horrible full of pain so all of me hurt so I don't have any idea on how long it took. This is fushtraigng I hope you get my meaning. I would like a idea on when will I be able to get out there and get my stoamach settled down. I only had this in February and how long does it take I don't know. I am so bored. I need to ge back into life. Have fun and be around fun people. I do the following things now.

I sleep thru the nights.
I can go for a walk
I can go up strairs
I can go to computer class
I can get fully dressed and that means the shoes too.
Drive

I still need to work on
getting less medication in my body.
Wish I knew when I could get off them.
fear less fear about going out at night.
Work on dressing better and looking better
Its everday stuff I know but when I started getting the first knee done I couldn't walk a block because I hurt so bad. Gave up goint to class because it just wasted worth it.
Would not drive because of taking drugs, so got isolated. This the biggest problem and still is. Good news working on it and its getting better. At 6 months plan of a trip to the ocean or the montains with me. this is my goal. We will see. take care and please don't give up. Its so worth the fight to get well.
Take care and remember You come first. Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It is so frustrating to not be able to do what you want!:hairpulling: I sometimes feel like a race horse, brought out to the starting gait, they open the gates and mine is stuck, so I just stand there watching the others take off, and I get to go back to the barn. (rest, ice, elevate, and medicate)
Great list, shows what you are doing, and what you want to be doing. Your brain sees this and says OK I can do that, one thing at a time. A year from now it will be interesting to check back and see how much has moved to the things I can do list.
:friends:
 
Oh, so know how you feel. Then after the nap I take a easy because I got tired going thru all the action of just standing there. Time is the healer of things. but it takes so long. I know I am getting better but its so slow. A year from now sounds like forever. I will like when a week flies by. With all this heat I don't do well. Well I guess its surpose to be hot tomorrow then some cooling. I sure hope so. Take care and do keep the ice bags going. Take care Tashia
 
Hi @tashia, it's been a while since I chatted with you. Glad you are doing okay, but so sorry you are not able to enjoy the things you used to enjoy. Especially now since you do have time on your hands. Traveling is a biggy with me. Thankful I can do that. My knee is still sore, but this soreness is new to me so I put a call in to my OS doctor. I have an appt. on the 27th of this month. In the meantime am taking pain meds and icing. Tashia you have to remember to that you have had a lot done, surgery - wise. Your body may be saying slow down. I do a lot myself, and I have to keep in mind I cannot over do it either, but mainly due to RA. Sometimes it is the knee pain. When the body says stop, I stop. I think your body just needs to re-group. Hope you are feeling tip wop very soon. :happydance::loveshwr::egypdance::friends:
 
chestnc, Your are so right about the surgies. What is going on with the knee? Did you over walk it? This is upsetting please keep me informed. I think after you have been done so long you get restless and do over due it. I also have to reming myself I not as young as I use to be and it its going to take longer and when I do heal I will have to go at a slower pace. Good news, I got a new computer and I have had some pictures trasfered to this one. I still have to do others. I will no dought just take pictures of the pictures with the carmera and then put them in the computer. I found some of the neat pictures of Paris. I now need to learn how to move to this site. I am so sorry to hear about the knee. Ice, Rest and pain pills and please let me know how its doing. Take care Tashia
 
This morning I woke up a little nerves. Last year I was really hurting when I got the prescription and didn't pay attention of where I put in my cabinat. Now I need the pills but on the front it is pass due. I was stupid and move the new pills into this bottle. The problem is I had some of the pills in it from then. So I don't know which pills are passed due. I will go to the hospital this morning and get it streightn out. I am writing this so other people won't do something so studpid. You can get very sick taking a passed due date pill. I will let you know how it turns out. Take care and have a better day than I will. Tashia
 
Today started interesting by thinking that I had a prescription that was past due, well do you believe I misread and all is well. However the weather is really hot and my stomach is not the best. As soo the weather calm down I will be better. I hope that everyone had a very good day like I did. It was great but hot. Everyone take care and please take care with this weather. Tashia
 
I think I have a bladder infection. This could be why I have been so upset. I am starting them tonight. Every summer I have this problem so I will go and see a doctor that maybe can tell me why. everyone i hope that you had a good day. It was warm but able to keep cool. I hope that everyone is ok and drinking lots of water and staying well. Remember you are important and number one. Tashia
 
Sorry that you may have a bladder infection @tashia....do hope you get that sorted. Glad you managed to Sort out the dates on your tablets. I get myself in a pickle with tablets sometimes too. My hip is great.....don't think about it now....it's 10 months on...but my knee had been a problem since my THR...,going to get it looked at ....stopping me walking too far. Hope everything gets better for you soon. Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I'm getting better. Tonight I have sort more things out. I am again on the Road of Recovery. The last part has been a little diffucult but will make it. Tashia
 
Another hot day. Could use a cool breeze greatly. Now medication for a bladder infection and not happy. I am very glad that it got caught and that I am on the right pills. I am thinking of starting to cut down on the break thru pills. I do see the doctor tomorrow to talk about this. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Tonight is a good night. I am sittting down and taking it slow. Had a big day. got lots done and very little pain at all. What a wonderful day. Everyone I hope that everyone had a good day but I am aware that some of you are still really hurting because you haven't gotten your joints. Also those who have just got it done. OW. Remember to go slow, :chillpill: :ice:,:alarm:,:sleeep:,:elevate:, :puppysmooze: ,:kittykiss::type:,:phone::walking:,:treadmill:,and :driver:when you are ready. take care. Tashia
 
Today was HOT. Tried to get all my errands done but was unable because of it. At least my stomach is better. :wowspring:. So now the challenge is to keep it that way. Everyone do take care and do have a good weekend. Tashia
 
Glad to hear your stomach is better, they heat is wearing on our bodies. Feeling like I could just melt.
 
@pumpkin Yeah, This heat is terrible. I hope that a cool breeze comes soon. I did do some cleaning and not hurting so that is great. Now I got to get my sewing room sorted so I can start some projects. Will be so glad when I can put my sewing machine on my dinning table so I can sew while the tv is on. the heat is here and so I have to do something to keep me busy and not cooking. Stay cool. Tashia
 
Wow has this been a busy time. I have been very busy in the sewing room. the heat has been terrible so I have been busy in the apartment. Monday I had a doctor appointment and got some it went well. I did get some driving done. Hot Hot.. Now the weather has gotten cooler and I will be back out tomorrow enjoying the weather. I am trying to figure out were I am in recovery. Since I had so many I get confused because some of the healing is overlaped. I am doing some normal things but still on medication which is so disappointing. I can walk, go up stairs but still the swelling, and pain. Thank God it doesn't go above 5 but not often. I am the type that has trouble feeling pain. I had a very phyiscal job that I learned not to pay attention to pain until it was very bad. Trying to relearn so I can get to it sooner. I also know pain can be stiffness, and muscle spasm. I am getting better. I will be so glad when this heat goes away. I hope everyone is ok and the weather is good were you are. Take care. Tashia
 
hi @tashia . i haven't been around for awhile. just checking your thread. glad you're doing stuff you want to be doing, but sorry to hear you're still on meds, especially because of the driving, and still feeling somewhat limited. as far as where you are in recovery, maybe you don't have to figure it out. just forward. I'm laughing at the little guys on the bicycles in your signature. ride, fall down, get up. hopefully you'll be up more than down. sounds like you are. devorah
 
@dickinson , Thanks for coming by. Just keep going is a good idea and that is what I am doing. I went out tonight and it felt great. I even sat on normal chairs and did ok. I hope that the hips don't complain tomorrow. They are a little tender now but a good night sleep should take care of it. Every day I fiquare that I am closer to being at the finsh line. The doctor gave me some weaker medication and its working ok so far. So I am starting the long process of working off the medication. I have more stiffness than pain. My foot is having some problems so I will have to have some inserts made to take care of it. Had a san done on my neck and I am Cancer clean. Now its been over 7 years so now I can say Cancer is no longer in my life. Isn't that great? I hope that you are safe. Take care and please do stay safe. Tashia
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom