TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Hugs and positive healing thoughts for you dear sweet Tabbycat! I hope you continue to bounce back quickly. Your attitude is such a great example to us all~!

[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
 
@Dawni
I'm a little bit better today thanks after a difficult week. I still can't put too much weight on my right leg, but the pain is definitely less. I've also started a new medication called Nefopam, its a pain killer but it's not an opiod or NSAID and is not very well known, the pharmacist had to order it in for me. The first day I didn't notice any difference, and was disappointed, but I am now improving slowly, so I'll carry on with it, also no side effects I have noticed.
I hope everyone enjoys the bank holiday!
Love, Tabby xxx
 
@Tabbycat, so glad you are feeling some better this morning. And wonderful that you have finally gotten some pain meds that your stomach will handle! I hope we have that med available here in the states. My tummy hates narcotics. I pray for your continued relief!
 
@Tabbycat I looked up about Nefopam very interesting I am on paracetamol only at the moment and finding it difficult I had to stop other medication because of the rash I had might ask about that on my next visit to the doctors, I really hope you improve soon, you were one of the 1st people I spoke to on hear and we are all one big family that support each other xx


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Tabby, I was so sorry to hear about your painful slip! Even though you estimated that it set you back a couple weeks, I'm sure that isn't the case. Surely your body isn't going to give up on all that healing it's accomplished! I just read this paragraph in my Consumer Reports magazine (June2016) that contains a cover story on pain relief: "Beyond the immediate warning, pain triggers a cascade of responses from within. Inflammation at the point of injury alerts the body's immune system to get to work on healing. Other chemicals are then notified and rush in to ward off infection, devour dead cells and tissue, and keep inflammation in check." Isn't that SO wonderful to contemplate? To our brains, something just hurts. But to our cells, that pain is triggering all kinds of action aimed at addressing the problem. I firmly believe it's good to think about that! May your body/healing machine continue its good work, and may you experience improvement soon. Sending your virtual hugs.

Love, Sara
 
How's your new pain med doing? How's your tummy?
 
Thanks for thinking of me so close to your own surgery @sistersinhim .
My tummy is fine on the Nefopam, no other disadvantages either. I don't think it's a strong painkiller like opioids, but I think it's taking the edge off, and I'm still taking paracetamol as well. I'm still recovering from my mishap the other day, I think I really upset the soft tissues, and my knee feels less stable than it did. I really need to strengthen my quad muscles, but at the moment it's too painful to do that exercise, so I can't win :shrug:. I'm going to try the cling film treatment tonight to see if it helps with the night time pain.
All the best to you for your surgery on Thursday.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
Good that you finally found some medicine your tummy will handle! I hope we have something comparable here in the US.
 
Morning did you use the cling film, ? X


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi Dawni, I did, it does stop the scar being so sensitive (and it's at that itchy stage), but I woke up at 1.50 am in some pain, so I don't know if it's just not going to work for me. At the moment I am getting a bit discouraged, I know I'm only 6 weeks out, but time is going by and my knee is so stiff and won't bend or straighten much. I'll see what the physio says on Monday. Trying not to get depressed :cry:
 
Hi Tabbycat yes my knee is very stiff, I can't remember with my other knee when it felt like a pair again? It still feels like it dose not belong to my body if that makes sense. We are so impatient and I know only to well that these things take time. I hope you feel positive soon, what dose your doctor say. Big hugs xx

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
I know what you mean about the knee feeling like something alien, do you get used to that in time? I could put up with all this better if I knew it would all come right in the end, but it's all so uncertain. My OS is on holiday at the moment, so I can't see him just yet.
 
Tabbycat try not to get discouraged but I so so understand. I'm sorry the cling wrap didn't work! 5 weeks for me both knees-one knee is so so good-the other likes to be a bit of a problem child :).
When do you return to surgeon? I return next week. So Dawni you are proof that they do eventually feel "normal"?
 
Yes tjcteacher and Tabbycat they realy do get better, I had a very rough time with my 1st a nerve was damaged and I had a lot of problems after, Finaly they did radiotherapy ablation on the nerves and all was well but it took a long time, I was expecting this one to be the same but it is being good I suppose knees are all so diferent like your 2 knees tjcteacher we will look back in a year's time and will have forgoten all that we went throug I promise. X

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Hello tabbycat, excuse me for chiming in on your thread, but I have a thought about the clingfilm. I'm not sure it works the same as the saran wrap that American bone smarties use. I remember @Josephine commenting that she had someone send her the saran wrap from the US -maybe because what we have here doesn't work?
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom