TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support, it means more than you know. I'll let you know how I get on. They have a pain management specialist in the hospital where I had my surgery who is extremely well qualified. It might be a good idea to get an appointment with her.
Love and hugs back,
Tabby xxx
 
Hi Tabby I've been thinking about you all day. How did your appointment go? Praying for you
 
@LFitz,
Thank you, you are very kind. I saw my surgeon today, the physio had told him what happened. He checked out my knee very thoroughly. The good news is the implant is fine, but I have strained some ligaments. He pushed down on my knee and got it much straighter, (it hurt, but I forgave him, he's lovely, great bedside manner) and he said my quad muscles are firing, just not very strong yet. He said I am starting to make scar tissue because I am healing quickly and he showed me how to massage it to help it disperse. He was not at all disappointed with the flexion, though it's only about 75. He did mention the dreaded M word, but not in a threatening way. We are aiming for 90 by twelve weeks.
Apparently I did have a lot of chronic inflammation in the joint lining so the surgeon had to do a synovectomy, and this might make my recovery take a bit longer.
He's referring me to a pain specialist, I've got an appointment with her this Friday.
All in all I was very reassured today. It's good to know that the implants are so trustworthy. Moral of the story, if you do fall don't panic, tell your OS, and be careful in the bathroom :bath:
Love to all,
Tabby xxx
 
I'm glad that you're OS was able to reassure you that your implant is fine. With some rest I'm sure you will get to 90 by the end of 12 weeks.
 
That's such good news Tabbycat! Your OS sounds really reasonable. You'll have no problem getting your range to 90 by 12 weeks. I wish the docs over here would be so reasonable! Mine wants me there in 4 weeks. Well, if I do I do. If I don't I don't! And no MUA in my future unless I choose that option. And I'm sure it won't be a problem for you. You are a fighter and have the Great Physician on your side!
 
Still praying for you sweet Tabbycat! I think of you often when I'm up moving around and am mindful that an accident like that can happen to the very best of any of us. I'm just so glad your new knee is fine and hoping for more comfortable days ahead! (((HEALING HUGS FOR YOU!)))
 
Oh Tabby I'm so happy to read your update! God is good. I love the way your doctor approached your healing and set reasonable expectations. I know you will feel even better once you meet with the pain management specialist. Keep going sweetie you got this!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Tabby, great news...it sounds like you have a great doctor...good luck on your recovery :yahoo:
 
@Tabbycat I am so glad you have not damaged your knee joint, the things we go through are tough but we all get there in the end, I'm intrsted in the massage you were shown any chanse you can share how to do it. We had a big thunder storm last night hear in kent but its a warm sunny morning today .Big hugs xx

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Dawni For the massage you use both thumbs side by side and applying quite firm pressure work your way up and down the scar and around it with circular movements and then run your fingers firmly up the length of the scar on either side to finish. You can use a cream like E45, but I found you can get a better grip on the skin without. There are a few YouTube videos similar to this if you want to see a demo. I'm going to do it a few times a day and hope it will help reduce the tightness in my knee.
Lovely and sunny here in Wales today, but it's changing by Friday.
Hope you are doing ok.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
I'm so glad you got good news from your OS, andthat he has such reasonable expectations for your recovery time frame. Hopefully your visit to the pain management doctor will be fruitful, your pain will diminish significantly, and you'll be on the path to a comfortable, fast recovery.
 
This was the news I'd hoped to hear! I'm sure your 'worry meter' is way down concerning your implant. You can deal with soft tissue injury, right? I'm glad you can see a pain specialist, too, since narcotics give you so much grief.

Let us know what the specialist does for you!
 
So glad nothing in the implant is damaged. Those things must be pretty tough! I've been doing the scar massage-thanks for that information. My is still so stinking sensitive! Good luck with your appointment tomorrow!
 
Yes thanks @Tabbycat for the infomation on the massage @tjcteacher mine is still stinging and sensitive as well can't stand anything touching it

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Hello Tabbycat. You have been on my mind, and I'm hoping you are now able to relax a bit since you know more about what's going on with your knee. I'll bet the pain specialist will be helpful, and will effectively address your pain issues. That's probably what you've needed most all along. Think soothing calming thoughts, and may you have a great day. Guess what I've taken up (thanks to you!): Coloring! Indeed, I find it enjoyable and relaxing, so I thank you for mentioning that in one of your posts. :roseshwr:
 
@Happydale, you are welcome, I am glad you are enjoying it, it's funny how it only used to be for children. I tried the Pigment app as well, it's quite addictive.
I am more relaxed after my visit to the OS, I really hope I make some good progress in the next few weeks, setbacks sometimes happen but the important thing is to keep looking forward and focus on where we want to be in the future. Thinking of you as your big day approaches, the waiting can be a very trying time, so be really kind to yourself.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
I'm sure you'll find relief with the pain management specialist. After all, that's their job! I am so sorry you have gone through all this. You are so caring to others, I pray we can help you!
 
Hi, as you've been so lovely and helpful on my thread I thought I'd pop over to your place to check out what you've been up to. What a time you've been having @Tabbycat, a nasty experience like that can really un-nerve you, I had a similar experience with one of my hips. I hope things are getting better and you can put it behind you and get on with your recovery. Take care X
 
@Tabbycat thank you for the tip on pigment app I spent last night doing one and really enjoyed doing it on my ipad you are a mine of information thank you x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Back
Top Bottom