TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

@Tabbycat could I please have one as well many thanks x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Ok, I'll post the banana cake recipe here on my thread tomorrow, for anyone who's interested. Watch this space...
 
@Tabbycat - Please post it! I love to bake and have been itching to do some. But I don't need cookies laying around!

I'm so glad you're doing better!!!
 
Here's the recipe:
Banana Cake
Ingredients

2 ripe bananas
250g coconut sugar
200g sprouted spelt flour (or wholemeal spelt flour)
150g ground almonds
1tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
250 g butter (softened)
3 tbs chia seeds (optional)
1tsp mixed spice
70g sultanas

1. Mash the bananas and stir in the coconut sugar in one bowl.
2. In a separate large bowl mix all the other ingredients and beat well.
3. Add the banana/sugar mixture and mix well.
4. Add the chia seeds if using and leave for 15 minutes before baking.
5. If not using the chia seeds, put the mixture into one lined 2lb loaf tin or two 1lb loaf tins.
6. Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 50- 60 minutes for one large cake or 40-45 minutes for two smaller ones.
7. Use a cake tester to check it's done. I always turn the cake around half way through to cook evenly.
8. Remove from cake tin and leave on a wire rack to cool.

The cake doesn't rise very much, and will be quite dark brown because of the sugar. I haven't tried freezing it, but it lasts a few days in an airtight tin.

Hope you enjoy it.
Tabby xxx
 
Almost tempts me to try baking! Being single all my life, never got much into cooking or baking, but occasionally see a recipie like this that pulls me into the kitchen.
 
Thank you xx

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
I guess I'll take up baking with the different recipes I've seen on the forum lately. I'll have to ask my youngest for some help learnung.
 
How are you doing today? It's nice to see you are doing 'normal' things again.
 
The word "normal" sure takes on a whole new meaning after a TKR doesn't it

Glad you are feeling somewhat "normal" ;) may it continue, for us all!
 
@newlybionic
Yes I'm getting definite glimpses of what it will be like to get back to a normal existence after this TKR adventure, though I'm not out of the woods yet. Today for instance my knee has been more sore than of late and I even had ice packs on for an hour this afternoon. It may be starting to use the bike which I don't find easy or all that comfortable, and there is rain forecast for Saturday and all my joints are extra achey when it changes from dry to wet. I think the hardest thing is coping with setbacks,and sometimes I think that the harder I try the worse I am, but I try to keep positive.
I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you and your family try to come to terms with your loss.
 
@mamazipp
I think Josephine is referring to the question in post # 559 about the discolouration you've got after the bruising. I had very little bruising, but I'm sure others will like to find out more about it.
 
@Josephine I have a question. I had severe bruising post op, behind my knee and down my calf, all the way to my ankle, which lasted many weeks. I now have a discoloration of the skin behind my leg in my calf area. Did I read in a thread somewhere on the forum that that is staining of the tissue from hemoglobin? And that it is likely permanent? Is that common? I'm curious, not that I care all that much about how it looks at this point......
This one
 
Ah, I see. Sorry. I must have thought I was on my thread! I am sorry, Tabbycat, for coopting your thread.
 
Back
Top Bottom