TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Thanks. And thanks for the recipe. What is "mixed spices"? Is that a prepackaged type?
 
Ha Ha about your purchase of measuring cups for American recipes. Are Americans the only ones who use that system? Even in Canada, they use the metric system! I have a handy scale that converts weight from grams to ounces. For liquids, luckily, I can use my glass measuring cup with both cups and liters. It can get confusing. I am American so still struggle with the conversions. And I absolutely cannot accustom myself to the weather in metric.
 
All this talk of banana bread, I'm going to have to make some...Tabby, I add semi sweet chocolate chips to my recipe, yummy!!

Tabby, are sultanas raisins??
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<

@mamazipp hope this helps being a UK chef I get this all the time

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Dawni
Thanks so much for that,really useful. I do like my set of measuring cups though, they are stainless steel and look like little saucepans for fairy folk.
@mamazipp
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
Mixed spice is blend of ground cinnamon, coriander seed, nutmeg, clove and ginger. It's lovely in cakes, biscuits and specially banana bread.
@uva55
Yes, a sultana is a dried grape (like a raisin) from the seedless Thompson variety. It's also the wife of a sultan.
 
Fantastic, Dawni, I love it. I'll print it and keep it in the kitchen. Thanks.
Tabby, I looked in one store today but didn't see that mixed spice. But I was able to find the rest of the ingredients.
 
@Tabbycat Certainly I can do that! I won't know the proportions but I can taste test. I noticed that it is sold on Amazon but, again, in Canada have to pay big shipping fees. Might have it in local store that sells international foods. I gave time to check as my bananas are far from ripe.
:fingersx:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery< Well, two steps forward... (you know the rest)
I've had to really go back to basics this week. Last week I was so excited to be able to pedal my bike, though I only did it for 10 minutes at a time, but I didn't realise how much of a strain it was putting on my hips and wrists (I have to lean forwards to be able to pedal). And then Friday I was helping hubby to prepare the bedroom for decorating, only moving a few things, and a bit of dusting, but by Saturday, I can hardly move from pain all over. Feels like a bad RA flare. And the weather turned very wet. So, I'm back on the Cocodamol twice a day, elevating all the time, and trying not to make things worse. Also, hubby has a bad tooth abscess and looks like a chipmunk, and we all know how well men handle pain :yikes:. So we are in the wars a bit. Never mind, the dog is alright!
 
Wow! There is another old saying "when it rains, it pours." It looks like it is pouring on you right now. So sorry, but you will get through this just like you did with everything else. Give that husband, yourself, and the dog a few extra pets. We all are members of the DTMC or whatever the initials are. Hang in there. We are here for you. Hugs.
 
Oh darn, @Tabbycat , just when you start feeling normal, that zapper comes along. I hope you get some good rest today and stop moving furniture.
 
Thank you Amy Jo, and Diane. I didn't even move furniture, only a few bits and pieces. I've just had a nice bath and washed and dried my hair, and am feeling a bit better. Hope you are doing ok today.
DTMC is that the Did Too Much Club? I am officially a member!
 
Ahh, sorry for the setback, glad you're feeling that clean hair happiness boost. It's easy to say, just shut the house down for a few days, but that doesn't work well in practice. But hope you're resting as much as you can.
 
@Tabbycat just pamper your self this week, do nothing get a new book and some chocolate. Big hugs x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Back
Top Bottom