Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

I can hear/feel mine making a popping sound. It's not loud and it doesn't hurt. From what I've read here, it's nothing to worry about. Shoot, my knees have popped just about all my life, so it's normal for me!
 
Tabby, these knees of ours keep us on our toes, never a dull moment!!!
 
Mine makes noises sometimes and it's a different type of knee. They all can do that. You're reigns as long as there is no pain everything is ok.
 
Glad to hear you're doing so well. I notice you still have the note on your signature about waiting for an x-ray to assess your left knee. What's going on there?
 
My knee also clunks when I walk. I only notice it in the house, but it sounds loud to me. It's strange but not painful. Way back the OS said it was expected.
Do you think that sometime in the future we won't even think about our knee except when so,some mentions it? That would be so nice.
 
My knee which is a Stryker is making some strange noises lately too. I am hoping they will disappear in time and I am sure that I'm the only one that hears them.
 
Then lots of us have got noisy knees. Shall we have a noisy knees club? It's reassuring though that it's so common.
@lovetocookandsew
When I first saw my OS back in January he talked about getting an x ray done on my other knee but hasn't mentioned it since. I've been so preoccupied with my right knee, the other one is on the back burner at the moment. It's not in good shape, but I can't contemplate going through this again anytime soon. Thanks for asking.
 
Hi @tjcteacher nice to hear from you, not that many April Rainbows still on the forum! I am coming on slowly (I never did anything quickly in my life), but it's taking a while to get ROM and extension. Pain is manageable with Cocodamol when necessary. I get tired very quickly, and really have to pace myself, though I don't have to worry about working so that's a blessing. Some days still get a bit down over how long this all seems to be taking, OS says a year to 18 months for a full recovery. Now he tells me :rolleyes:
 
Tabby, I know it has not been an easy journey for you, but you are seeing improvement from week to week, stay upbeat, it will happen, you have been so supportive of so many of us when we have struggled that now is your turn to continue to improve and get to the finish line, you are such an inspiration :flwrysmile:
 
You are getting better! That is what counts. There's no time limit on this. Take just as long as you need to take! Your faith will get you through. And just think how much you can help others with your experience!
 
Dear @Tabbycat
When I read your last post (I'v never done anything quickly in my life) it really stuck a cord for me because i often feel the same way...if fact my PT seemed a little annoyed with me because I was still in PT at 9 weeks and my recovery was so slow, she even said to me: most folks are done with PT in six weeks and out the door!
Of course if I didn't have the good folks on bonesmart to tell me otherwise, I may have actually believed her.:thud:
So please know that we all heal and recover on different time frames with frustration mixed in as well.
Sending energy and good thoughts your way :console2:
 
I also understand the slowness of this recovery. :thud: Never thot it'd be so difficult. But as many have said, seeing weekly progress really helps as well as the support we have for each other here. We WILL get there. :yes!:
 
Thank goodness for this forum for us late bloomers. You are in good company, Tabby. Many of us are taking the slow train with you. It is frustrating for sure and we all feel we should be completely well by now.....they don't really tell you it's a long slow road...or maybe they did but they were saying so many other things, like all the risks of surgery so we figured if we survive all that, we're home free.
Wrong!
 
:friends:Thank you EVERYONE for the words of encouragement, I know I'm not alone on this journey, and I do have wonderful company. Yes we will get there, we are just taking the scenic route and will have visited so many places on the way to our destination. Your support is SO appreciated, and has cheered me up no end. I feel as if you are all there with a safety net ready to catch me if I start to fall. That's what real friends are!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I find it comforting to know it takes a year or more, just because it reassures me that I'll be better than I am now. I would be a dissatisfied customer otherwise. I have a friend who is about 18 months post op and she had a rough road as you did. Thankfully she is now in love with her new knee, and able to play golf and tennis again.

I love the photo of Mandy that you posted. That picture is so clear that I wanted to reach out and rub her back. What a cutie!
 
Yippee! I just managed to pedal right round on my exercise bike, with the seat up really high and a step to help me get on. I haven't been able to do that at home before. I did 6 minutes 12 seconds and burned 20 calories. Does that qualify for a piece of chocolate? No? Thought not, never mind I do need to put a stop to this weight gain. But it's a start.
@Majella
I'm still going to physio every couple of weeks and I'm not done yet, is that a record? Wouldn't it be nice if you got a prize for coming last instead of first!
 
Back
Top Bottom