Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Aw, sorry to hear about the setback. But well, you know it's part of this lovely process that we suffer through, and a good rest, and chocolate, and time, and cocodamal will put it right.
Thinking of you and Mr. Alvin Chipmunk.
 
I hope you are right @mamazipp. Thanks for thinking of us. Hubby is really rough though. Neither of us has had any sleep at all for two nights. The dentist he saw today put him on industrial strength antibiotics, but will probably have to extract his front tooth, so he's not happy at all. I can't bear to see him in pain, and so swollen he can barely talk. It makes me really stressed. My knees feel like they have toothache in sympathy.
 
Hubby took a turn for the worse in the night and his face and one eye now completely swollen. He's gone to A&E and could well be kept in. So I'm holding the fort and looking after the animals. If anyone can send up a quick prayer for us, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks all.
Tabby xxx
 
Thank you @Celle, hubby was told to go home, and go back if it gets worse, I think it's already 'worse' but we've got to give the antibiotics a bit longer and hope they work. I hope I'm not at risk of infection, with a new(ish) TKR.
 
It's unlikely that you'll catch your husband's infection. Try not to worry about that.
 
You have my prayers that the hubby's swelling goes down fast and you are able to hold well while keeping the fort together!
 
Will send big hugs to you both x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
You both have my prayers! I have had a toothache and I know how bad they hurt! He needs that thing OUT ASAP. It will make him sick all over.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, tabby, sorry to hear he is suffering more. Just don't kiss him....just kidding. You can't catch it. Sending big hugs and wishes for speedy resolution. A challenge for you both.
 
A friend just called in to see me who I haven't seen for many months. She told me about a friend who had a knee replacement who had a difficult time and setbacks. She took 18 months to get back to health and got very frustrated with the length of the recovery, but eventually was even able to play tennis again. I know this takes a long time but at the moment I keep thinking of the saying "Lord, give me patience, but please hurry".
I am happy for those who are having successful recoveries, but getting fearful it won't happen for me.
 
Oh dear. Im so sorry to hear about your poor hubby. I have had some terrible issues with teeth, and I know how miserable and painful it is. I hope the antibiotics work and he can proceed to get the tooth taken care of. As for his infection, I dont think that can pass to you, well unless he bites your knee (sorry). Just take care of yourself and him the best you can.
 
Thanks @dianehelen, I know you've had more than your fair share of health problems, but here you are encouraging me. I do appreciate it.
 
Your Max is a honey! I could just squeeze him and love him!
I'm far from painfree yet, Tabby. So, I guess I'm lagging behind many on here, also. So, you and I can encourage each other and look forward to our recoveries! Two steps forward, one step back, but at least we're in a forward motion!
 
Back
Top Bottom