TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

That's a perfectly good reason not to iron! I could just hug Max! It's really good news that you're doing better! You have had quite a rough go of it. I pray your healing continues with no more problems! That stitching is beautiful! Your friend will be thrilled!
 
It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling better. I'm sure your friend will love the gift. I have one of my dogs laying on top of my right now snoring away. It seems our pets can sleep anywhere at anytime they want. I'm Hoping to learn from them!
 
Tabby the fact that you are feeling better and had the energy to finish that beautiful cross stitch is a great milestone...and you still wanted to iron:flabber:

Max got the memo I sent....NO IRONING :rotfl:
 
Tabby your cross stitch is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors and the picture.

Why is it that cats always know when we're going to iron? And also when we are changing the sheets? Your kitty is so pretty.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Yes, those knees still like to complain, but little by little you're getting that ROM.
:loveshwr:
 
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Max is quite a cutie with the proper attitude regarding ironing :rotfl:.
 
Nice to hear from you @CaliGirl, I was thinking about you yesterday, hopefully things are still going well for you.
 
Beautiful cross stitch! Haven't done that in years. You're right - it needs concentration. Glad you are feeling better. And I think Max has the right idea!
 
Just a little update for me to look back on and see where I was at almost 4 months. At physio today I actually got on the exercise bike, getting on was difficult, the seat had to be at the highest setting, I practically needed a ladder, it was like the first time I got on a horse! But after that there was no stopping me, I went backwards (easy) and forwards with a bit of resistance :bicycle1:. My ROM is 100/10, the flex is a bit less than it was a week ago because of some swelling from doing more than usual (cake baking, I'm experimenting with wheat free recipes). Extension was 20 degrees at the last physio session, so it is improving. I'd love better ROM at this stage but it can't be rushed. I'm sleeping a lot better and moving around more, though I still need one crutch for support until my quad muscles get stronger. The physio gave me 3 out of 5 for my quads. I'll have a few more sessions,I need to strengthen my quad muscles more and get confidence with steps and stairs. It'll be interesting to see how I feel in the morning after the most exercise I have done in over 10 months. The physio did emphasise again today not to compare recoveries. It's good advice.
 
Riding that bike feels good, doesn't it?! And you gaining 10 extension! I'm at a standstill on that right now, but I know it'll come, just like yours is! I pray you have a good night's sleep and wake up feeling great!
 
Thanks @newlybionic, I think I am, though still a long way to go yet. I woke up feeling stiff and a bit sore, but no worse than usual, so a couple of painkillers and an easy day today is probably the best thing (though I do have some spotty bananas crying out to be made into banana bread!) No more ironing again either, Minnie has taken up residence this time:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
    image.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Tabby, you are doing so well, 100/10 are definitely good numbers you are going in the right direction. The bike feels really good to me and I feels it loosens things up a bit. I'm happy for you that you are feeling so much better :happydance:

I'm glad that Minnie got my memo to block that ironing board:):catdance:

Have a great week:flwrysmile:
 
Minnie is a big help to you, causing you to not overdo! Give her a big hug for me! And it's nice to hear that you have finally broken out of that lull. Now, each week I bet you'll see an improvement! Oh, by the way, I'll be over for some of that banana bread, my favorite!
 
Smart cat... telling mom not to overdo! Standing is hard for me, so Minnie must know it'll be hard for you too!
 
Back
Top Bottom