Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Greetings, Tabbycat! I haven't been on BS for quite awhile, and I'm so happy to check in on you. You are making great progress. You know that's true when you realize you haven't thought about your knee for a bit. You have found your patience and good humor throughout your recovery, and I know those qualities will continue to serve you well. Your hobbies and your pets have been helping as well. Everyone finds their own way to endure this long recovery, and we learn a lot about ourselves along the way. At our age, you'd think that we know who we are by now. But for me, this experience has touched me so deeply that I don't feel I'll ever be the same (in a good way). For one, I have so much more empathy for anyone having surgery. I am committing myself to be a better help to others who are recovering!

I love your needlework - I hope you also frame one of your projects for yourself as your reminder of what you've been through and the inner strength you've drawn on to get you though.

Sending ocean-spanning virtual hugs,
Sara
 
@Happydale, Sara, you are so right about this journey changing us. So many people have been so wonderful to me, I see that most people are really good, decent, and caring people! I want to be the same way to others.
 
You are @sistersinhim, like so many others on this forum, and have been a huge help to me, sticking with me during the difficult times and celebrating the little victories. :thankyou:all!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
Mummy's little helper: Mandy helping Mummy with her extension. :puppysmooze:
 
Too sweet. You are blessed with such a helper. The best knee extender you could have! What a sweet looking dog.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Tabbycat Great news that you are improving, and riding the bike is quite an accomplishment Yay!!:biking:
My PT told me that is one of the best ways to warm up the knee and help with ROM.
I love the pic of your pup, what kind of breed is Mandy? she's so sweet!
 
Oh, thank you, Tabby. I hope I can help people through this. I know this site has been such a blessing to me. Any questions or concerns I have, someone is always here to help me. And all the prayers sent up for us is a huge help! Tabby, for all you've been through with your slip and pulled tendons, you have always been here to help others! You are just an example of the benefit of being part of Bonesmart!
 
@Majella
Thanks, yes I am making progress now, slow and steady though :yay:
Mandy is an Irish terrier, though not a pedigree and we didn't get her from a breeder, but she has all the characteristics and temperament. Apparently they were used to carry messages during the First World War because of their tenacity and courage. She's a great little dog.
 
I love your dog! What a cutie and how sweet of her to help you with your extension :). I'm so glad to hear you're feeling and doing better!
 
So glad to hear you are doing so much better. I am too...actually forget about my knee at times and also catch myself doing things or doing things more easily than I have been able since my surgery (and most recently my MUA). Hope things just keep getting better and better for you! Love your cross stitch project. It's lovely! Your dog is so cute...what great company for you!
 
@Tabbycat what a gorgeous dog! And she looks like an excellent helper (I am biased to terriers though ) Pleased to hear your recovery is going so well.
 
I don't know one breed from another, but I love your Irish terrier. If I could have a dog, she'd be the one. Allergies prevent. Cats are ok thankfully.
 
Thanks everyone! We recently noticed Mandy's coat was a bit lighter in colour. My hubby thinks it's a deficiency of Ginger Nuts!
@jmp65 , isn't it great when you realise you are not thinking about your knee all the time. It's taken over 16 weeks but quite a few times lately I have realised my knee is much more comfortable. I am really appreciating those moments.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking forward to the day of not thinking about my knee and going up and down steps alternate legs automatically. You give me hope the day will come!
 
Isnt it amazing how out bodies come around to accept the new knee as if it were the 'original equipment'?
 
That is so great, to NOT be aware of your new knee. So hard to even imagine that. So glad to see some good progress coming your way, may it just keep growing from here on out.
 
Funny you should say that @newlybionic. Just when I thought I was doing well I noticed my new knee has developed a strange creaking noise today, only when I move in a certain way. I had a quick search on the forum and found some advice from Josephine that it does sometimes happen and as long as there's no additional pain it's not really anything to worry about. Apparently it can be characteristic of Stryker Triathlons. Guess which knee replacement I've got. Feels weird though :scare:
There's always something...
 
Back
Top Bottom